Texas passes Constitutional Amendment basically banning a State Income Tax.

They amend their Constitution by popular vote?

How lame
I know letting the people have a say in policy upsets Dimwingers. You would rather be told by your handlers what they can and can't do to you.

The proposition makes it virtually impossible for TX lawmakers to implement a state income tax.

Passed 74%-26%.

Pre-emptive action aimed at the leftists flooding the state from shithole libnut states like Kalifornia.

Texas election results 2019: How constitutional amendments fared this year
There's always a trade off, Texas gets ya with high property taxes and relatively high sales taxes not to mention that Texas governments have been growing as fast as Kalifornia's. There are moves within the State legislature to limit not only sales and property taxes but government expansion beyond a specific annual percentage without a popular vote so that's a good thing or not depending on one's perspective. I don't live there any longer so I really don't care any more.

The proposition makes it virtually impossible for TX lawmakers to implement a state income tax.

Passed 74%-26%.

Pre-emptive action aimed at the leftists flooding the state from shithole libnut states like Kalifornia.

There's always a trade off, Texas gets ya with high property taxes and relatively high sales taxes not to mention that Texas governments have been growing as fast as Kalifornia's. There are moves within the State legislature to limit not only sales and property taxes but government expansion beyond a specific annual percentage without a popular vote so that's a good thing or not depending on one's perspective. I don't live there any longer so I really don't care any more.

Sales tax rates:
Kalifornia: 7.5%
Texas: 6.25%

Income tax rates:

Kalifornia 7.75%
Texas: 0%

Property tax rates:
Kalifornia: .74%
Texas: 1.81%

Total: Kalifornia: 15.99%
Texas: 8.06%

Passed 74%-26%.

Sales tax rates:

Income tax rates:

Kalifornia 7.75%

Property tax rates:

I wasn't comparing the two simply stating where Texas offset not having an income tax. And this year in Texas it's up to 1.83% but that doesn't include the add on school tax that comes with the property taxes or so I've read. I would have paid double if we had stayed in Texas compared to what I paid in New Mexico. Also, like most States, cities/localities can add an additional 2% to the sales tax.

Passed 74%-26%.

Sales tax rates:

Income tax rates:

Kalifornia 7.75%

Property tax rates:

Don't forget the highest fuel prices in the country and no frigging electricity half the time unless you generate your own which with the high fuel prices isn't cheap either.

Passed 74%-26%.

Sales tax rates:

Income tax rates:

Kalifornia 7.75%

Property tax rates:

I wasn't comparing the two simply stating where Texas offset not having an income tax. And this year in Texas it's up to 1.83% but that doesn't include the add on school tax that comes with the property taxes or so I've read. I would have paid double if we had stayed in Texas compared to what I paid in New Mexico. Also, like most States, cities/localities can add an additional 2% to the sales tax.

I was pointing out your "offsets" you say Texas has doesn't add up to the same taxes in other states that have an income tax as well. Texas' tax rate is basically half of what it is in Kalifornia.

How lame
I know letting the people have a say in policy upsets Dimwingers. You would rather be told by your handlers what they can and can't do to you.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what’s for supper
Good thing we live in a Representative Republic then, right?
More reason why you don’t put a change to the Constitution up to a popular vote

Passed 74%-26%.

Sales tax rates:

Income tax rates:

Kalifornia 7.75%

Property tax rates:

I was pointing out your "offsets" you say Texas has doesn't add up to the same taxes in other states that have an income tax as well. Texas' tax rate is basically half of what it is in Kalifornia.
Again I wasn't comparing the two so they aren't my offsets, they're yours. I was simply stating how Texas gets their tax money without an income tax.

How lame

Why not? Why do you oppose the people of a state having a direct say in how the state is run?

I assume it is because you are unable to think for yourself, and instead rely on political hacks to do our thinking. Typical Dimwinger.

How lame

Why not? Why do you oppose the people of a state having a direct say in how the state is run?

I assume it is because you are unable to think for yourself, and instead rely on political hacks to do our thinking. Typical Dimwinger.
Ahh..so you believe in the direct will of the people...I take it you believe that Hillary should be President..as the will of the people was expressed by her winning the popular vote?

BTW..I believe in the electoral college and I think Trump is the legally elected President. Why don't you?

My guess is that you are a typical party hack--who has one set of rules for his opposition..and another for his party.

Passed 74%-26%.

Sales tax rates:

Income tax rates:

Kalifornia 7.75%

Property tax rates:

Again I wasn't comparing the two so they aren't my offsets, they're yours. I was simply stating how Texas gets their tax money without an income tax.
You just said there were trade offs, which implies they are comparable.

See?

There's always a trade off

Ahh..so you believe in the direct will of the people...I take it you believe that Hillary should be President..as the will of the people was expressed by her winning the popular vote?

BTW..I believe in the electoral college and I think Trump is the legally elected President. Why don't you?

My guess is that you are a typical party hack--who has one set of rules for his opposition..and another for his party.
oh oh....

Forum List

Back