Texas lawmaker files ‘TEXIT’ bill to spur vote on exploring secession from US

Zincwarrior

Platinum Member
Nov 18, 2021
Now's your chance Secesh. Make it happen!

A Texas state lawmaker filed a bill on Monday that would set a referendum for voters to decide whether the state should explore the possibility of seceding from the United States.

If the measure — known as the TEXIT Referendum Act — passes, a referendum on whether Texas “should reassert its status as an independent nation” would be scheduled for the next general election on Nov. 7, 2023. The bill would also require potential plans to be presented to the state legislature.

“The Texas Constitution is clear that all political power resides in the people,” Rep. Bryan Slaton (R) wrote in a statement. “After decades of continuous abuse of our rights and liberties by the federal government, it is time to let the people of Texas make their voices heard.”

More "Don't say gay" propaganda. The bill does not mention "secession."

I love how the so-called most patriotic, America loving people spend their time fantasizing about seceding from the U.S. and joining militias in the hopes of killing Americans. True patriots right there :laugh:

More "Don't say gay" propaganda. The bill does not mention "secession."
Note Section One of Hellbilly's link. Thats the proposed legislation.
True patriots right there :laugh:
I never see them at the gun range. On the positive I am converting to Carry Optic and the new Optic is coming today (last one I think glitched, it won't sight in). If works and i get it sighted in, I may run it this weekend.

I mean, can you blame them? I know the federal supremacists can because they cant survive without the fed gov tit in their mouth but damn.. the fed gov is out of control. It abuses its powers daily. Govt agencies are politicized. Spending us into oblivion.
Fuck the fed gov.

Is this an ESL issue? To clarify, when a state leaves to become another country, thats called secession.

Yeah, they can do a Brexit but US style.

What did Brexit achieve?
The pound has dropped about 17% against the Dollar, Euro and RMB, the people are poorer, it's more expensive to buy things from outside of the UK, like tomatoes they have to now get from Morocco, there's no trade deal with the US, it's an absolute mess.

Go ahead Texas.

Yeah, they can do a Brexit but US style.
What did Brexit achieve?
The pound has dropped about 17% against the Dollar, Euro and RMB, the people are poorer, it's more expensive to buy things from outside of the UK, like tomatoes they have to now get from Morocco, there's no trade deal with the US, it's an absolute mess.
Go ahead Texas.
Brexit allows the UK to control immigration. Texit would do the same for Texas.

Forum List

Back