Texas Governor Gregg Abbott orders Family Protective Services to investigate parents and medical persons who provide gender-affirming treatment.

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas
Consistent with our correspondence in August 2021, the Office of the Attorney General (OAG) has now confirmed in the enclosed opinion that a number of so-called “sex change” procedures constitute child abuse under existing Texas law. Because the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) is responsible for protecting children from abuse, I hereby direct your agency to conduct a prompt and thorough investigation of any reported instances of these abusive procedures in the State of Texas.

. . .

Texas law also imposes a duty on DFPS to investigate the parents of a child who is subjected to these abusive gender-transitioning procedures, and on other state agencies to investigate licensed facilities where such procedures may occur. See TEX. FAM. CODE § 261.301(a)–(b). To protect Texas children from abuse, DFPS and all other state agencies must follow the law as explained in OAG Opinion No. KP-0401.

Abbott is facing a tough GOP primary. I just voted today for one of his challengers, Allan West. Most of his challengers are claiming to be more conservative, with some accusing him of supporting transgenderism, and not doing enough about the border.

This looks like a Hail Mary pass to capture the conservative spotlight.

Children should not be receiving Sex Change operations, no doubts about it.

When I was a kid, I watched the David Susskind program on TV, and the guest was pioneer Tranny Christine Jorgensen.

Mr. Jorgenson served in the Army first, lived life, BEFORE deciding to come out as tranny and have his genitalia lopped off.

I disagree with his actions, but I respect his right to do it as an adult.

But chopping off a kid's penis just because he says "Mommy, I'm a girl" is child abuse.

Consistent with our correspondence in August 2021, the Office of the Attorney General (OAG) has now confirmed in the enclosed opinion that a number of so-called “sex change” procedures constitute child abuse under existing Texas law. Because the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) is responsible for protecting children from abuse, I hereby direct your agency to conduct a prompt and thorough investigation of any reported instances of these abusive procedures in the State of Texas.

. . .

Texas law also imposes a duty on DFPS to investigate the parents of a child who is subjected to these abusive gender-transitioning procedures, and on other state agencies to investigate licensed facilities where such procedures may occur. See TEX. FAM. CODE § 261.301(a)–(b). To protect Texas children from abuse, DFPS and all other state agencies must follow the law as explained in OAG Opinion No. KP-0401.

Abbott is facing a tough GOP primary. I just voted today for one of his challengers, Allan West. Most of his challengers are claiming to be more conservative, with some accusing him of supporting transgenderism, and not doing enough about the border.

You can win all those godbotherers if you condemn gays and abortions. They are all hypocrits anyway.

Children should not be receiving Sex Change operations, no doubts about it.

When I was a kid, I watched the David Susskind program on TV, and the guest was pioneer Tranny Christine Jorgensen.

Mr. Jorgenson served in the Army first, lived life, BEFORE deciding to come out as tranny and have his genitalia lopped off.

But chopping off a kid's penis just because he says "Mommy, I'm a girl" is child abuse.
Is it really? I mean, scientifically, how do you know? Are you an expert who can afford to say it's child abuse, without understanding the science?

Abstract

It is believed that during the intrauterine period the fetal brain develops in the male direction through a direct action of testosterone on the developing nerve cells, or in the female direction through the absence of this hormone surge. According to this concept, our gender identity (the conviction of belonging to the male or female gender) and sexual orientation should be programmed into our brain structures when we are still in the womb. However, since sexual differentiation of the genitals takes place in the first two months of pregnancy and sexual differentiation of the brain starts in the second half of pregnancy, these two processes can be influenced independently, which may result in transsexuality. This also means that in the event of ambiguous sex at birth, the degree of masculinization of the genitals may not reflect the degree of masculinization of the brain. There is no proof that social environment after birth has an effect on gender identity or sexual orientation. Data on genetic and hormone independent influence on gender identity are presently divergent and do not provide convincing information about the underlying etiology. To what extent fetal programming may determine sexual orientation is also a matter of discussion. A number of studies show patterns of sex atypical cerebral dimorphism in homosexual subjects. Although the crucial question, namely how such complex functions as sexual orientation and identity are processed in the brain remains unanswered, emerging data point at a key role of specific neuronal circuits involving the hypothalamus.

. . .

Is the Attorney General a scientist?

Is it really? I mean, scientifically, how do you know? Are you an expert who can afford to say it's child abuse, without understanding the science?

Abstract

It is believed that during the intrauterine period the fetal brain develops in the male direction through a direct action of testosterone on the developing nerve cells, or in the female direction through the absence of this hormone surge. According to this concept, our gender identity (the conviction of belonging to the male or female gender) and sexual orientation should be programmed into our brain structures when we are still in the womb. However, since sexual differentiation of the genitals takes place in the first two months of pregnancy and sexual differentiation of the brain starts in the second half of pregnancy, these two processes can be influenced independently, which may result in transsexuality. This also means that in the event of ambiguous sex at birth, the degree of masculinization of the genitals may not reflect the degree of masculinization of the brain. There is no proof that social environment after birth has an effect on gender identity or sexual orientation. Data on genetic and hormone independent influence on gender identity are presently divergent and do not provide convincing information about the underlying etiology. To what extent fetal programming may determine sexual orientation is also a matter of discussion. A number of studies show patterns of sex atypical cerebral dimorphism in homosexual subjects. Although the crucial question, namely how such complex functions as sexual orientation and identity are processed in the brain remains unanswered, emerging data point at a key role of specific neuronal circuits involving the hypothalamus.

Its just common sense.

Kids change their minds all the time, anyone who remembers their own childhood or speaks to kids as an adult know that.

Taking irreversible hormonal treatments and surgeries just because a kid says they want to change sexes is abusive to any kid.

^ Sums it up perfectly for me as well. If an adult makes the choice, so be it. They'll get no hate from me. Trying to influence a child to do so, they should be legally crucified.

You have to be a scientist to protect children from abuse?
When it's scientific sound research, absolutely. We do it every day with illnesses and injuries right? We either perform surgery, or we apply medicines based on science. Based on the scientific research I presented, puts front and center the question, how can you label the surgery abuse, when the human being is calling out for help to change the gender? Can you tell us? I don't think so. I'll wait and see if you can produce a better argument, and I won't be holding my breath.

^ Sums it up perfectly for me as well. If an adult makes the choice, so be it. They'll get no hate from me. Trying to influence a child to do so, they should be legally crucified.
Why? If the child is screaming out for help over the confusion about the gender, why should someone be crucified for coming to that persons aid?

Why? If the child is screaming out for help over the confusion about the gender, why should someone be crucified for coming to that persons aid?

They should be coming to their aid by counseling them, not by subjecting them to physical abuse.

Its just common sense.

Kids change their minds all the time, anyone who remembers their own childhood or speaks to kids as an adult know that.

Taking irreversible hormonal treatments and surgeries just because a kid says they want to change sexes is abusive to any kid.
"Common sense?" That's ridiculous. "Kids change their minds all the time?" Really? Who? Can you site an example of a kid changing his or her mind about their gender?

If you don't understand the science, then you really understand nothing.

Did you know, that everything we do, and don't do, is influenced by science? Think about it. Science has nothing to do with common sense. If anything, common sense would be influenced by science.

They should be coming to their aid by counseling them, not by subjecting them to physical abuse.
Maybe! But what if counseling doesn't do it? Remember Michelle Bachmann's pray the gay away campaign? It was a complete and utter disaster.

When it's scientific sound research, absolutely. We do it every day with illnesses and injuries right? We either perform surgery, or we apply medicines based on science. Based on the scientific research I presented, puts front and center the question, how can you label the surgery abuse, when the human being is calling out for help to change the gender? Can you tell us? I don't think so. I'll wait and see if you can produce a better argument, and I won't be holding my breath.
Really?

So, as a public school teacher, if a kid comes to me and says that their parents are not feeding them, I can do nothing because I'm not even a science teacher, much less a scientist?

I'm guessing you didn't think that one through.

Forum List

Back