Texas Dems vow to fight abortion bill passed by Republican-led Senate

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Mar 30, 2013
The Land of Sanctuary
This is where the will of the people trumps the will of the mob.

Texas Democrats vowed to fight one of the most restrictive abortion bills in the nation passed by the state legislature late Friday in front of more than 2,000 protesters.

"There will be a lawsuit. I promise you," Dallas Sen. Royce West said on the Senate floor, raising his right hand as if taking an oath.

Democrats offered 20 amendments to the bill, which will ban abortions after 20 weeks, require abortion doctors to have admitting privileges at a nearby hospital and require all abortions to take place in surgical centers. They ranged from exceptions for rape and incest to allowing doctors more leeway in prescribing abortion-inducing drugs. But Republicans would have none of it.

The Republican majority passed the bill unchanged just before midnight with all but one Democrat voting against it.

Texas Dems vow to fight abortion bill passed by Republican-led Senate | Fox News

The will of the people should not over ride the rights of the individual.

1/3 of all pregnancies worldwide are unplanned
Approximately 25% of the world population lives in countries with highly restrictive abortion laws, mostly in Asia, Africa and Latin America
One woman dies every 7 minutes around the world due to an unsafe illegal abortion. Women who undergo illegal abortions are those who are very poor and do not have access to family planning facilities for education and prevention of unwanted pregnancies
Making abortion illegal or legal has no effect on the total number of abortions performed in the world. Making abortion legal dramatically reduces maternal morbidity and mortality.
Nearly 50% of pregnancies that occur yearly are unwanted with nearly ½ of those pregnant women terminating their pregnancy. In essence; 42 million choose to terminate their pregnancy with close to half of those (20 million) being illegal.

Abortion Statistics, Facts About Abortion In The US.

Hm. Comes off as political theater on both sides to me.

Possibly. But since when should a mob of 2,000 people be allowed to interfere with the democratic process? If they don't like the new law, they can vote to repeal it through a referendum.

100%, but in the end, the bill will get watered down if not killed. This is typical political theatrics in anticipation of midterms. Not much more.

Possibly. But since when should a mob of 2,000 people be allowed to interfere with the democratic process? If they don't like the new law, they can vote to repeal it through a referendum.

um the legal system is for challenging the constitutional prowess of a law.
For someone who love this nation so much, you sure don't know how the system works.

And to answer your stupid question? Yes, yes they do have that right.

Did you forget about Wisconsin?

Nope. They reaffirmed Scott Walker's law by defeating a recall effort against him by the Democrats. It was the Democrats who ran off across the border. Absurdly childish behavior.

Last edited:

For someone who love this nation so much, you sure don't know how the system works.

Yes, through the court system. Not by raiding the state capitol.

For someone who thinks so much of rights, you seem supportive of anarchist tactics to get them

Did you forget about Wisconsin?

Nope. They reaffirmed Scott Walker's law by defeating a recall effort against him by the Democrats. It was the Democrats who ran off across the border. Absurdly childish behavior.

But still, the effort got them millions on campaign money I bet, and its likely the RNC got a bunch to. In the end, that, like this is noting more then political stunts.

For someone who thinks so much of rights, you seem supportive of anarchist tactics to get them

they didnt raid....you watch a lot of soaps huh

they didnt raid....you watch a lot of soaps huh

How many women were there when Wild Wendy was filibustering it? You watch too much CNN.

the new motto for the Democrat party should be, we will stand and fight for the killing of your babies

that is how sick that party has become

Abortions will happen even if it is banned. Democrats champion the rights of humans to make decisions about their reproductive activity.
I do not advocate abortion and would never let my women have one if pregnant with my child, but I do not try to control what other people do in their decision making process.
It would be a lot better if adoption rules and regs were eased for adopting. Even if they are gay.

the new motto for the Democrat party should be, we will stand and fight for the killing of your babies

that is how sick that party has become

and the GOP will forever be known as the party of individual reproductive control by government backed by religion.

yeah we know killing an almost FIVE month old baby isn't enough for you rabid abortion lovers...now you want to call it, reproductive control by government..

how does abortion reproduce anything? so give us all a break the Democrat party are some sick people standing to fight against a law to stop killing babies after 5 months old

Forum List

Back