Texas Attorney General Candidate Offers Odd Statistic About Education

$ecular#eckler

Platinum Member
Jan 13, 2020
Transient

How does this statistic work??? What would be the better statistic he is looking for; 9 in 10 American children??? How many children in 10 does the best state do? Where did he get this from?

He's using a statistic that is dependent on the populations of states, and he wants more students in Texas???

I don't think I am going to get a response from him, and I don't think any of his other followers seem to notice.

Texas has independent school districts.
So, if your school district sucks, it is your fault.
You elected the school board.

How does this statistic work??? What would be the better statistic he is looking for; 9 in 10 American children??? How many children in 10 does the best state do? Where did he get this from?

He's using a statistic that is dependent on the populations of states, and he wants more students in Texas???

I don't think I am going to get a response from him, and I don't think any of his other followers seem to notice.

Is he taking the number of children in the age range of public education, and comparing that with the number of students formally enrolled in TX "public schools" ????

What about private schools?
What about homeschooling, where the numbers greatly increased due to Covid accommodations using remote access.

I would not try to manipulate numbers to show influence.

I believe Texas has plenty of influence through media and party politics, good or bad. The bad stories and examples coming out of Texas are just as influential.

I do not see or measure this in terms of numbers, per se, but by the impact it has.

For example, the legislation and curricula guidelines in response to CRT makes headlines and influences perception and policy due to religious, political and spiritual impact on people. Not necessarily because of the numbers.

When TX Lt Gov Dan Patrick made a public statement about ending racism by receiving Jesus, the impact and reaction to that statement is not based on numbers. Previously, when he got legislation passed to keep a "moment of silence" in schools after prayer was pushed out, that has an impact as an alternative policy that people could agree on, regardless of numbers.

I find that SOLUTIONS that work, and can gain support politically for all sides to agree, have the most significant influence and lasting impact.

That is what I look for. And trust that by pinpointing the right ideas to build on, the resources and numbers will follow.

Note to Prof.Lunaphiles:
On your ideas for coordinating an online system to support a Constitutional Convention, I will post a map from a friend preparing for reforms and or secession from govt over issuing mandates in violation of principles. I was originally focused more on organizing representation by party precinct and electoral district. But with the political issues of CRT and mandates for teachers/students concerning masks/vaccines, maybe the School Districts (and teacher/police unions) are the associations to use to organize representation, process of facilitation, and public townhall or conferences for communities to address policies.

Maybe the state district school system?

Would that be the best place to START, and use the system you set up to facilitate negotiations on policy?

Forum List

Back