Tesla S- "Best, safest car EVER", 300 mile range. free 1/2 hr charge. Pubs can't OMG

You forget the Tesla having the serious design flaw of turning into a white elephant needing a FORTY THOUSAND DOLLAR REPAIR that can be caused JUST BY LEAVING THE THING PARKED FOR A WEEK! You also conveniently forget that Tesla not only doesn't warn their customers about it, but they lie about it!

God and goddess, Frankie, are you really THIS FUCKING STUPID?!

Yes, he is.

That said, I still like the idea of all-electric cars.

I like a lot of the same things dimocraps like.

I just don't like dimocraps because they're pathological liars and they'd fuck up a one-car-funeral

Last edited:
as with almost all electric cars....the source of their battery power is still FOSSIL FUELS....will Obama open back up the coal mines....?

coal+runs+electric+cars.jpg

The Tesla owners should remember that their car should be plugged in to ONLY those outlets where the electricity was produced by wind turbine or solar panel, in order to avoid being called a bloody hypocrite.

Sounds good to me - they already exist and-----and will soon be seen all over the country but-----but if you want to carry your charging station with you - Volvo has the answer.

Beginning in September; One of the most unique electric car charging designs from a major manufacturer was unveiled this week by Volvo. The major car company revealed a new portable electric car charging pavilion that fits in the car’s trunk.

The unit consists of a flexible mesh structure held in place by bendable fiber rods. It functions as an actual solar panel ‘pavilion’ over the car — providing shade underneath, for example. But it also is embedded with photovoltaic cells which will absorb energy from both the sun and from indoor light sources, and can then be used to charge the plug-in electric car.

When finished charging, it folds into the trunk. Riders can then head to the next destination with full (solar) capabilities to charge the vehicle again.

<snip>

You forget the Tesla having the serious design flaw of turning into a white elephant needing a FORTY THOUSAND DOLLAR REPAIR that can be caused JUST BY LEAVING THE THING PARKED FOR A WEEK! You also conveniently forget that Tesla not only doesn't warn their customers about it, but they lie about it!

God and goddess, Frankie, are you really THIS FUCKING STUPID?!

Yes, he is.

That said, I still like the idea of all-electric cars.

I like a lot of the same things dimocraps like.

I just don't like dimocraps because they're pathological liars and they'd fuck up a one-car-funeral

Actully, hater dupes, of course it's the Pub Propaganda Machine lying to you, as always. They've fixed the problem with a software change, and it took weeks or months for it to happen before that. Like everything you know about the meltdown, O-Care, the Volt, the Fisker etc etc, totally discredited BS. But carry on making fools of yourselves and rooting against America, brainwashed functional morons. Google it and look at ANY car website...

The case of the Tesla “brick” — Tech News and Analysis - GigaOM
gigaom.com/2012/02/22/the-case-of-the-tesla-brick/ - Cached
Feb 22, 2012 ... Tesla Roadsters lined up outside of the Model S Beta Customer event ...
problems — but it is true that after a really long period of time without a charge
early Tesla Roadster batteries can go dead. ... Tesla batteries can remain
unplugged for weeks (even months), without reaching zero state of charge.

Guess what- a huge electric plant is much more efficient than the gas power plant you have in your gas hog lol...

Read the links page 1, the Tesla S is a huge step forward, voted Motor Trend Car of the Year UNANAMOUSLY LOL. It stands on its own, can easily be a first car, especially in California where there are ALREADY Tesla charging service stations- 1/2 hour for free or swtching batteries in no time at all, and coming to other parts of the country very soon.

This car is better and cheaper than its gas competition. 400 hp, 0-60 4.2 seconds, 250-300 mile range, seats 5-7 in 2-3 roads, 17 inch GPS etc etc screen-by far the safest car ever, $70-105k. The owner of Tesla is amazing- also going into space, and behind that tube/800 mph people mover thing. $70-105k.

Could hater dupes be more stick in the mud moaners? It's unbelievable seeing the effects of gloom and doom brainwashing after 25 years or so.Thanks for the Depression, the stupidest wars ever, and the most mindless obstruction ever....hoping for your recovery.

switching batteries in no time at all

How many batteries are they going to keep in stock and charged for switching out? If these cars catch on, and 30 cars show up at the same time for switch-outs, will they have enough on hand or will some folks just have to be told "So sorry, go wait in line to plug in"?

50- Now instead of asking ignorant questions or listening to Pubcrappe, you can use the greatest research tool ever invented, your COMPUTER, and google it fer chrissake. There are 10 pages of Pubcrappe websites and some car sites that tell, gasp, the commie truth. Pub dupes!:eusa_whistle:

The cost of a Tesla is prohibitive. You'd have to drive it for quite a few years before you break even on the money you saved in gas. And then it would be time to change the batteries.

We're talking about the more expensive 85 kw-h batteries here, not the 60 kw-h ones. You have to have the 85 kw-h ones to get that 300 mile range you'v been bragging about.

So how much are batteries anyway?

Assuming someone can pry a 900lb energy storage system out of the car and that your insurance won't pay (my insurance covers it), Tesla has said that the replacement cost is about $30,000. That being said, you can buy the pre-paid replacement option for $12,000.

Battery Replacement Cost | Forums | Tesla Motors

$12,000 will buy 3000 gallons of gas. 3000 gallons will take you 90,000 miles in a $20,000 car.

two weeks? where you get that figure?

anyway, that can be minimized/obviated w/ a trickle charger or voltage maintainer. Not a huge expense.

Keep in mind, we're paying Trillions in oil externalities to maintain the oil-flow addiction through :up: wars, constant patrols in the Gulf, and alliances w/ people who wouldn't piss in our mouths if our teeth were on fire.

Last edited:
Volt now selling as hoped- only took 3 years to get past the PUB BS sabotage campaign. Fecking a-holes, hater dupes...WTF is wrong with you people, in the end?

I don't have any problem with the car.

Its going to be great for those 1%ers that have $100k laying around.

Of course I'd perfer to buy a new Stingray Vette and use the extra $40k to buy gas for 240,000 miles.

If your simplistic solution were all there was to it, you might be right but-----but figure it out carbon
suckers - do the arithmetic....

Click here for cost calculator:
Gas / Electric Vehicle Cost Comparison
Compare your gasoline car to my 1959 Henny, or enter the values of your own EV.

Gas Cost per Mile - $0.121
Electric Cost per Mile - $0.059
Electric Wins!! 51.23% Cheaper &#9756; in the black

...Voila, electric costs less.
BTW, when replacing the authors values with your car's values be sure to add theHawk's $40K worth of gas (chuckle).

That’s only true when the cost comes down. Right now the vehicle itself costs almost 100K and you still need another vehicle because of the limitations of that one. IOW, only a toy for the wealthy atm. Again though, that is a stage in ALL new tech that it MUST go through so that the costs can come down for the rest of us. At some point, the cars will come down to the 30K range and be for everyone. Right now, that is simply not the case. I could care less what the savings per mile are if I am required to up front five times what I am willing to spend on a vehicle.

GOP. It is starting to stand for really dumb people.

Oppose EV's, that have the potential to liberate many of us from the use of fossil fuel. Buy an EV, put solar on your home's roof, grid parrallel, and power both your vehicle and home. At present prices, if you do the work of mounting the solar panels yourself, your payback is under five years. After that, you are powering your home and vehicle for free.

As the batteries increase in capacity, and decrease in cost, the range of the EV will go up, and the cost decline.

Of course I'd perfer to buy a new Stingray Vette and use the extra $40k to buy gas for 240,000 miles.

If your simplistic solution were all there was to it, you might be right but-----but figure it out carbon

BTW, when replacing the authors values with your car's values be sure to add theHawk's $40K worth of gas (chuckle).

That’s only true when the cost comes down. Right now the vehicle itself costs almost 100K and you still need another vehicle because of the limitations of that one. IOW, only a toy for the wealthy atm. Again though, that is a stage in ALL new tech that it MUST go through so that the costs can come down for the rest of us. At some point, the cars will come down to the 30K range and be for everyone. Right now, that is simply not the case. I could care less what the savings per mile are if I am required to up front five times what I am willing to spend on a vehicle.

As the number of charging stations increase, the ability of the Tesla's for long range trips will increase. As far as the cost of the Tesla is concerned, it is right in line with the other high end sports sedans. And exceeds all them in features.

An increase of battery capacity by a factor of 2 will make the Tesla very viable for long range trips. And there are labs with working batteries with 4 to 10 times the capacity of the present lithium ion batteries.

And then you will have Fords, Chevys, and the other less expensive EVs with 200 to 300 mile ranges. With batteries that cost far less than todays batteries. In the meantime, the price of fossil fuels will just keep rising.

Oppose EV's, that have the potential to liberate many of us from the use of fossil fuel. Buy an EV, put solar on your home's roof, grid parrallel, and power both your vehicle and home. At present prices, if you do the work of mounting the solar panels yourself, your payback is under five years. After that, you are powering your home and vehicle for free.

As the batteries increase in capacity, and decrease in cost, the range of the EV will go up, and the cost decline.

go liberate yourself, you can BUY ONE TODAY..you can AFFORD IT more frikken power to you..the only dumb ones in this is you and the OP using a damn car for your hate

didn't Raygun remove the solar panels from the WH when he and nancy moved in? they can't stand the idea of using anything but oil, MUCH of it imported w/ the help of gunships in the Gulf. Subsidies to weapons manufacturers is a stealth tax for fossil fuels. Pub dupes have no prob enriching the defense contractors w/ their tax dollars.

Last edited:
Give me a break- this is politics, and bad for Pubs and dupes, as always...

If you can't afford a100g car that can have ZERO fuel costs, get a Volt, Leaf etc etc.

Give me a break- this is politics, and bad for Pubs and dupes, as always...

If you can't afford a100g car that can have ZERO fuel costs, get a Volt, Leaf etc etc.

go get a life, it's none of your business what others drive..

scratch a damn liberal find a frikken control freak FASCIST

LOL - Only a Republican's mind can conjure $62K - $70K to be "almost $100K" and-----and only in exceptional situations like torturing your children until their bladders burst et al, will you "need" another vehicle but-----but check it out, click the link I posted in a previous message - type in your own clunker's values - the Tesla looks pretty good against most luxury vehicles then-----then check out the pricing, features and benefits below:

PRICING
At the base price of $62,400, including the $7,500 Federal Tax Credit, Model S comes equipped with a 60 kWh battery, 19” wheels, black textile and synthetic leather interior, 17” touchscreen, seven speaker sound system with AM/FM/HD radio, mobile connector, and a J1772 charging adapter.

To qualify for the Federal Tax Credit, you must purchase Model S new for your use, not for resale. The credit is applied when you file your annual taxes with qualification contingent upon your adjusted gross income. We recommend speaking with a tax professional for further details.

Model S has insurance premiums consistent with other cars in its class.
Financing rates are determined by the financial institution and are based on individual credit history. Learn more about the true cost of ownership.

VEHICLE

Model S does not use gasoline.

Model S is engineered to perform in both hot and cold climates.

Model S is a rear wheel drive vehicle.

Model S Performance accelerates to 60 mph in 4.2 seconds and features unique exterior accents as well as a custom interior.

Model S Signature and Model S Signature Performance vehicles are no longer available in North America.

Model S is equipped with eight airbags.

Model S is child-seat ready. It features the LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children) System that eliminates the use of seat belts to secure child safety seats. There are two LATCH System anchors in the second row seats.

Model S is engineered with the intent to achieve 2013 five-star NHTSA safety ratings. Final safety data is not yet available.

17” Touchscreen connectivity packages will be available soon.
Model S comes with a 4 year or 50,000 mile (whichever comes first) new vehicle limited warranty.

An additional warranty covers the battery and varies by capacity. The 60 kWh battery is covered for 8 years or 125,000 miles, whichever comes first. The largest battery, 85 kWh, is covered for eight years and unlimited miles.

Tesla S- "Best, safest car EVER", 300 mile range. free 1/2 hr charge. Pubs can't OMG
...stop him lol. This guy is amazing...
Can you afford one? No.

Can I afford one? No.

Can 90% of America afford one? No.

The Tesla S? So how many 400 hp, 0-60 in 4.2 seconds, 130 mph 5-7 passenger, best safety rating ever by far,sports car handling sedans can you afford? Even for 70-100k bucks? Brainwashed ignorance at work...just like ACA.

A Volt is now 25k. But you farmers seem to need a TRUCK lol. They have them too.
I can't afford a gas-powered car that performs to those sports-car specs. Neither can 90% of America.

Electric vehicles are simply a niche market, for now. They make silly people feel smug about "saving the planet".

Guess what- a huge electric plant is much more efficient than the gas power plant you have in your gas hog lol...

Read the links page 1, the Tesla S is a huge step forward, voted Motor Trend Car of the Year UNANAMOUSLY LOL. It stands on its own, can easily be a first car, especially in California where there are ALREADY Tesla charging service stations- 1/2 hour for free or swtching batteries in no time at all, and coming to other parts of the country very soon.

This car is better and cheaper than its gas competition. 400 hp, 0-60 4.2 seconds, 250-300 mile range, seats 5-7 in 2-3 roads, 17 inch GPS etc etc screen-by far the safest car ever, $70-105k. The owner of Tesla is amazing- also going into space, and behind that tube/800 mph people mover thing. $70-105k.

Could hater dupes be more stick in the mud moaners? It's unbelievable seeing the effects of gloom and doom brainwashing after 25 years or so.Thanks for the Depression, the stupidest wars ever, and the most mindless obstruction ever....hoping for your recovery.

switching batteries in no time at all

How many batteries are they going to keep in stock and charged for switching out? If these cars catch on, and 30 cars show up at the same time for switch-outs, will they have enough on hand or will some folks just have to be told "So sorry, go wait in line to plug in"?

50- Now instead of asking ignorant questions or listening to Pubcrappe, you can use the greatest research tool ever invented, your COMPUTER, and google it fer chrissake. There are 10 pages of Pubcrappe websites and some car sites that tell, gasp, the commie truth. Pub dupes!:eusa_whistle:

So instead of answering a simple question about the product you're touting, you tell me I have to do the research for you?? :cuckoo:

By the way, how much do you have invested in Tesla Motor Company?

What's this Tesla you speak of?

I have a big block Chevelle and a 38 MPG 6 speed vette "economy daily driver".

Get that Keystone open and give me my share of horsepower while I'm here on Earth.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elfrb181oaI]4 wide Top Fuel Drag Race Z Max Dragway, Great veiw must see!!! 30,000+ H.P.!!! - YouTube[/ame]

It's a step in the right direction. As soon as we have efficient solar chargers, and they're coming, we'll see an economic revolution. It can't come soon enough.

Forum List

Back