Squirrels eating my car! HELP

.22 lr and a 4x scope. Done.

There's like a quarter billion of them round here. I took down a nest couple months ago. I'm thinking its revenge!

Funny-Squirrels-Funny-Squirrel-Picture-67-FunnyPica.com_.jpg

You can buy some wire mesh screen at the hardware store. Put your car on a lift and attach the wire mesh screen bending it outwards and put it over your wiring. Use bread ties to attach - thread them through the mesh and attach to something that doesn't move.

You can buy some wire mesh screen at the hardware store. Put your car on a lift and attach the wire mesh screen bending it outwards and put it over your wiring. Use bread ties to attach - thread them through the mesh and attach to something that doesn't move.

That's what I thought I might do. Thanks

or you can spray something bitter tasting (not poison please... that is not allowed :() something sour like lemon.

I don't know if it will work tho.

Down here in Southern AZ, we have pack rats that do the same thing Everyone leaves a liit light bulb under the engine (drop light). That stops the problem.

Last edited:
Are they only eating the red wires?

Don't know. It's in the shop now. I'll find out. Is that important?

Some manufacturers use peanut oil or other food substance in light easily faded colored wires insulation. Honda wires had a big problem with rodents. They made a special electrical tape treated with capsaicin PN# 4019-2317-Honda to keep rodents from eating the wires. You can also spray the wires with something yucky to rodents like WD-40.

Last edited:
Ok, they're not eating the entire car, but the wiring under the car. Twice now I've had wiring chewed through. Obviously this isn't covered under the warranty

Any ideas on how to end this horror!

Put some peanuts nearby....

Do you have a cat? Do you know anyone with a cat?

Spread some well used kitty litter under your car.

If you don't know any cat lovers you can buy mountain lion pee and make your own.

Forum List

Back