Tennessee to require unwed men take DNA Test before signing birth certificates!

I may lean that way myself. Just found out about all this today. Have not completely made up my mind. Not sure exactly what the ripple effects are yet. Concerned at least in the short term that could rip apart families. Families are already struggling. All ready enough division and derision in this world. Maybe that would be the straw. I don't know but yes I believe a man should know the true situation he is living in. It would be a shame to live a life of great responsibility and not have any true heirs. Feels a bit like slavery to me.

i don't think joseph of bethlehem considered it "slavery," but i'm sure he rolled around some nights wondering.

i don't think joseph of bethlehem considered it "slavery," but i'm sure he rolled around some nights wondering.
You can be held responsible for a child that is not yours for 18 years. I hate to say it but there are women that will use this to terrorize and basically enslave you with it. A man deserves a choice influenced by the actual truth of the matter. If he chooses to support with the true information that is his choice but he should not be forced into servatude.

You can be held responsible for a child that is not yours for 18 years. I hate to say it but there are women that will use this to terrorize and basically enslave you with it. A man deserves a choice influenced by the actual truth of the matter. If he chooses to support with the true information that is his choice but he should not be forced into servatude.
there is also a choice involved. if a guy keeps it zipped up or remembers where he puts it, a little of this confusion can be avoided.

Child Protective Services in TN is headed by usually an appointed person.
This department is also responsible for ensuring child support payments.

CPS in TN is one of the worst in the US.
Their child support division employees are Nazi wannabes. (No joke) They literally are. They have been known to actually laugh at court orders to cease and decist.

However their Foster care system and their adoptive services are horrid too. They have anywhere around 10,000 children literally lost every year. Lost by the system or runaway or killed or the children have graduated to the state penitentiary.

Florida and TN usually fight for which is worse every year.

The Governor usually has issues in successfully appointing a head of the department.

So....the legislative branch is trying to get some control.

What say you on this issue? Can't sign the birth certificate until a DNA test is performed so it is known for sure you are the father before getting stuck with child support.
What is the current law in TN regarding the father's name on the birth certificate? Can the mother name anyone she wants?

What say you on this issue? Can't sign the birth certificate until a DNA test is performed so it is known for sure you are the father before getting stuck with child support.
It should be required for every birth regardless of marital status.

i'm not sure i understand why to require the test, but your answer made sense.

signing the birth certificate and accepting responsibility are positives for the child (and the state. the actual biological relationship not so much, if the real babydaddy shows up let him prove it.
There is this thing in law where courts refuse to relitigate issues once an order becomes final. There have been legions of cases where men were forced to pay child support for a child they later found out wasn't theirs but the courts refused to remove the child support obligations. Basically this would settle the issue for those people from the get go.....and another tool child support enforcement to put into their tool box. The idea that this information isn't going to go into government databases is a tad naive. The government loves them some data.

there is also a choice involved. if a guy keeps it zipped up or remembers where he puts it, a little of this confusion can be avoided.
You can be in a loving and committed relationship as far as you know and still have an interloper tag you with a child that is not yours. On the flip side you are the actual father. Yes you likely did something that you should not have but a single mistake should not prevent you from your own flesh and blood. No way to make up for your errors in that scenario. How ever if you are aware you can spend the rest of your life making up for it by being a good father.

It should be required for every birth regardless of marital status.
Also my knee jerk reaction. Again after years of secrets this may have an unintended consequence. I have read studies in the UKwhere upto 40 percent of all children could be illegitimate. That many break downs of families all at once could have a devastating effect on society. I see no reason a similar percent could not be possible here. Imagine waking up tomorrow with all those cats let out the bag at once. It could ne pandemonium!

Also my knee jerk reaction. Again after years of secrets this may have an unintended consequence. I have read studies in the UKwhere upto 40 percent of all children could be illegitimate. That many break downs of families all at once could have a devastating effect on society. I see no reason a similar percent could not be possible here. Imagine waking up tomorrow with all those cats let out the bag at once. It could ne pandemonium!
So be it. Men deserve to know the truth of their wives infidelity, most especially in regard to their actually sireing the children he believes to be his. The only people whom could reasonably expected to resist this policy are unfaithful wives...

I have read studies in the UKwhere upto 40 percent of all children could be illegitimate.
We can only state that in the United States 3 out of every 10 men who perform legal paternity test are found not to be the biological father of a child.

Paternity Fraud Laws Statistics And Child Support

… to show the percentage of men in divorce cases who challenge paternity who turn out not to be the father have turned up figures ranging from 25% to 30%

Paternity Fraud: A National Epidemic - Dads Divorce

Make them pay for the kid to age 18. That would be a reasonable beginning once they knew which one of the Welfare HOs sperm donors it actually belonged to.

We can only state that in the United States 3 out of every 10 men who perform legal paternity test are found not to be the biological father of a child.

Paternity Fraud Laws Statistics And Child Support

… to show the percentage of men in divorce cases who challenge paternity who turn out not to be the father have turned up figures ranging from 25% to 30%

Paternity Fraud: A National Epidemic - Dads Divorce

Little better than the UK at least. Still translates to millions upon millions of men raising kids nit of their own and nit knowing it.

Make them pay for the kid to age 18. That would be a reasonable beginning once they knew which one of the Welfare HOs sperm donors it actually belonged to.
Lol, you are kidding yourself if you think it is only happening in the lower class. I live and work in a tourist area that serves the wealthy. Believe me when I say wealthy women play around also.

Sounds like a good plan. Too many whores out there sticking the nice guy with someone else’s bill.

Lol, you are kidding yourself if you think it is only happening in the lower class. I live and work in a tourist area that serves the wealthy. Believe me when I say wealthy women play around also.

OK them too. But the wealthy have support. They dont need the taxpayers to cover all they can have by whomever?

The point is its good to have facts on each child......a lot can change over 18 years.

Forum List

Back