Temperature and heat are the same things?

All I want to know is what the concern is. I'm aware of the fact that there are lots of temp proxies, the length of the mercury in a tube is one proxy for temperature as well as the % radioisotopes can be also. Which proxy is not as important (to me) as what do we know.

To me, the fact that I'm a bad guy because my "freshman physics" is not up to your high standards doesn't change the world and how heat flows. Lot's of folks wave their arms and make grandiose pronouncements about impending catastrophes, but when it goes down to what the hell is going on all I ever hear is that the reason I don't see it is because I'm a bad guy.

Please forgive my rant, it seems that the understanding of temp/heat in today's issues seems to shift into quarrels way too often.

Start with pressure ... very little of the climate has to do with temperature ...

=====

The concern is with pollution ... the nitrogen we suck into our piston engines get spewed back out as nitric acid ... and that kills things we don't want killed ... same with burning natural gas to make electricity to charge our EVs ... assuming we've filtered these materials to remove the sulfur, or we're spewing sulfuric acid as well ...

What will East Palestein, Ohio, residents have to deal with after the train wreak there? ...

Oakridge and Hanford still need cleaned up ...

Carbon dioxide is plant food ... and I hate plants ... love seeing them suffocate ... and wilt, and DIE ... ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ... sap-lust is the new thing these days ...

Thanks. It's a lot like your "warming" claims then.
I think you're stretching it to make even a humorous link here.

What is the reason for this thread? Does the OP's question have anything to do with the environment? I don't see it. This is a basic science question and it has been thoroughly answered. Why is anyone posting here?

One gets the feeling that ideologists are trying to reduce everything to the thermodynamic motion of particles, while heat is also formed by wave phenomena, moreover, it is dependent on humidity. It all looks like a scam
Feels like temperature do not play a significant role at all in the formation of heat. At the same temperature in winter and summer, we experience completely different sensations.
In their reports, they usually rely only on thermodynamic indicators.
This seems to be a TROLL OP, but to stay on topic, in defining terms, temperature is the kinetic motion of atoms. The faster they move, the higher the temperature. (T=V)
While heat is the energy those molecules cumulatively possess
with each having heat as energy, hence E=1/2 mV^2
The perception of temperature is a biological dependance, like
the experiment of putting one hand in cold water, and the other in warm water. After a few minutes, put them both into luke warm water. One hand senses it as hot, the other as cold.

Start with pressure ... very little of the climate has to do with temperature ...

=====

The concern is with pollution ... the nitrogen we suck into our piston engines get spewed back out as nitric acid ... and that kills things we don't want killed ... same with burning natural gas to make electricity to charge our EVs ... assuming we've filtered these materials to remove the sulfur, or we're spewing sulfuric acid as well ...

What will East Palestein, Ohio, residents have to deal with after the train wreak there? ...

Carbon dioxide is plant food ... and I hate plants ... love seeing them suffocate ... and wilt, and DIE ... ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ... sap-lust is the new thing these days ...
What I'm getting is that I'm taking all this stuff too seriously. I'll buy that...

Weather is powered by thermal energy from the sun. Climate is simply long term weather. Atmospheric pressure has been shown to regulate the climate, not drive its change.

Abstract​

Lovelock and Whitfield suggested in 1982 that, as the luminosity of the Sun increases over its life cycle, biologically enhanced silicate weathering is able to reduce the concentration of atmospheric carbon dioxide (CO2) so that the Earth's surface temperature is maintained within an inhabitable range. As this process continues, however, between 100 and 900 million years (Ma) from now the CO2 concentration will reach levels too low for C3 and C4 photosynthesis, signaling the end of the solar-powered biosphere. Here, we show that atmospheric pressure is another factor that adjusts the global temperature by broadening infrared absorption lines of greenhouse gases. A simple model including the reduction of atmospheric pressure suggests that the life span of the biosphere can be extended at least 2.3 Ga into the future, more than doubling previous estimates. This has important implications for seeking extraterrestrial life in the Universe. Space observations in the infrared region could test the hypothesis that atmospheric pressure regulates the surface temperature on extrasolar planets.

Carbon dioxide is also a greenhouse gas.

Weather is powered by thermal energy from the sun. Climate is simply long term weather. Atmospheric pressure has been shown to regulate the climate, not drive its change.

Abstract​

Lovelock and Whitfield suggested in 1982 that, as the luminosity of the Sun increases over its life cycle, biologically enhanced silicate weathering is able to reduce the concentration of atmospheric carbon dioxide (CO2) so that the Earth's surface temperature is maintained within an inhabitable range. As this process continues, however, between 100 and 900 million years (Ma) from now the CO2 concentration will reach levels too low for C3 and C4 photosynthesis, signaling the end of the solar-powered biosphere. Here, we show that atmospheric pressure is another factor that adjusts the global temperature by broadening infrared absorption lines of greenhouse gases. A simple model including the reduction of atmospheric pressure suggests that the life span of the biosphere can be extended at least 2.3 Ga into the future, more than doubling previous estimates. This has important implications for seeking extraterrestrial life in the Universe. Space observations in the infrared region could test the hypothesis that atmospheric pressure regulates the surface temperature on extrasolar planets.

Carbon dioxide is also a greenhouse gas.

Power is caused by a force ... stupid ... specifically the PRESSURE FORCE ... see that ... we don't generate force with temperature, we're generating force with pressure, via Navier/Stokes equation ... yeah, gravity sucks, but it's still an honest force of nature ...

All you have is magical forces ... or better, not acknowledge force at all ... you don't understand thermodynamics, so you ignore these fundamental principles ...

=====

Is carbon dioxide pollution? ... or is it plant food? ... choose wisely ...

Forum List

Back