Tell me please........WHY?

Baron Von Murderpaws

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2021
In the recesses of your mind

WHY?
WHY spend $70K - $200K for an electric vehicle when you have to buy a GAS POWERED GENERATOR to keep in the trunk as your emergency power supply???? Wish I had that kind of money to throw out the window!!!

The companies that make generators must be laughing at these fuktards SO HARD, they constantly shit their pants!!!

And what do you use to power up these battery chargers???
HUH??? I'll give you ONE guess!!!!

The coal and oil conglomerates are also shitting their pants laughing at these brain dead fuktards!!!

Average Tesla price 2023 = $55,000
Average Tesla home charger (installed) price = $1500.00
Tesla extenal charging cable = $120.00
Average Tesla replacement battery = $15,000
Total = $71,620

Average electric cost to "fill up" an EV = $30.00
Average "fill ups" a week is 2-3 = around $90.00
(also dependent on how much you drive)

EV insurance is around 40% HIGHER than standard insurance for a fuel driven vehicle.

EV's are more expensive to repair, as most of them have a separate motor for each wheel.
Plus the batteries are known to overheat and cause themselves damage, which requires a new battery.
Catching fire is more common in EV's than in fuel driven vehicles.
Plus, it's more expensive and dangerous to put out a burning EV than a fuel driven vehicle.

And of course, there is the wasted time you HAVE to have, in order to charge these vehicles.
An average of 2 hours of just sitting there, waiting for your vehicle to charge enough to get home.
4-6 hours for a full charge.

There is NO LOGIC in any of this.

Why do people buy EV's? Because that's what the person wants.
ade12362b26bb103e8ddcc9cd68badf9.jpg

Why do you feel it is your business? Do you stand around the grocery store berating people for choosing something other than what you do?
I dont give a rats ass at the smug people driving their EV's all over. I just dont like shits like you who say i have to give up my gas guzzler because of some Globull Bullshit. Just today, our weather was abnormally cold for this time of year here in Florida. How can that be, when year after year the Earth has been heating up because of CO2?

I dont give a rats ass at the smug people driving their EV's all over. I just dont like shits like you who say i have to give up my gas guzzler because of some Globull Bullshit.

Where did I ever say that?

Just today, our weather was abnormally cold for this time of year here in Florida. How can that be, when year after year the Earth has been heating up because of CO2?

Green apples.

over the past few years, i had put a lot of Marxist/slaves into the slave pen of ignore. But last month i decided to see what if any of the slaves had a change of heart. I was wrong. So i am slowly building up the pen again.

b2b644a3140e9a2215c7e8b1ef7954c1.jpg

WHY?
WHY spend $70K - $200K for an electric vehicle when you have to buy a GAS POWERED GENERATOR to keep in the trunk as your emergency power supply???? Wish I had that kind of money to throw out the window!!!

The companies that make generators must be laughing at these fuktards SO HARD, they constantly shit their pants!!!

And what do you use to power up these battery chargers???
HUH??? I'll give you ONE guess!!!!

The coal and oil conglomerates are also shitting their pants laughing at these brain dead fuktards!!!

Average Tesla price 2023 = $55,000
Average Tesla home charger (installed) price = $1500.00
Tesla extenal charging cable = $120.00
Average Tesla replacement battery = $15,000
Total = $71,620

Average electric cost to "fill up" an EV = $30.00
Average "fill ups" a week is 2-3 = around $90.00
(also dependent on how much you drive)

EV insurance is around 40% HIGHER than standard insurance for a fuel driven vehicle.

EV's are more expensive to repair, as most of them have a separate motor for each wheel.
Plus the batteries are known to overheat and cause themselves damage, which requires a new battery.
Catching fire is more common in EV's than in fuel driven vehicles.
Plus, it's more expensive and dangerous to put out a burning EV than a fuel driven vehicle.

And of course, there is the wasted time you HAVE to have, in order to charge these vehicles.
An average of 2 hours of just sitting there, waiting for your vehicle to charge enough to get home.
4-6 hours for a full charge.

There is NO LOGIC in any of this.

/----/ BUT BUT BUT the environment, baby seals, and halting climate change.

I'm a carpenter and have two dozen electric motors in my shop ... many are 40 years old and still running ... on off on off on off on off on off on off all day long ... never had to repair any of them ... electric motors don't really wear out anymore with these new fangled brushes that never wear out ... perhaps other parts of the EV are more expensive to repair, but not the electric motors ... no oil changes, no oil filters, not spark plugs, no air filters, no fuel filters, no fuel pumps, no radiator hoses, no timing chains, no valves, no valve springs, no camshafts, no camshaft barrings, no front main oil seals, no rear main oil seals, no ERG, no PCV , no exhaust O2 detectors before the catalytic converter, no exhaust O2 detectors after the catalytic converter, no catalytic converter, no muffler ... have you never repaired any of these items on your own rig? ...

Other than that, most everything on an EV is the same as a piston-engined rig ... shocks, tires, headlights ... the only small tiny insignificant exception would be batteries, and that in an alternative universe ...

[giggle] ...

I have hydro-power ... much cheaper than gasoline ... EVs make sense in the Pacific Northwest ... and $100,000 doesn't even buy a building lot for your home in places where people drive Teslas ... what next, paint Ferraris blue so they sell cheaper? ...

ETA: PRO TIP -- what kills electric motors is undersized extension cords ... eats up even permanent brushes ... so spend the money, cheapskate, look for "12/3 gauge" ... smaller cords are fine for lights and small fans ... just not a power saw ...

Last edited:
I got an used 2018 EV and love it. The savings over the long run in terms of electricity vs gas is considerable. I don't have to get a tune-up until 2024 or two years since I bought it. I will be taking it to a different tech shop as my old mechanic isn't equipped to tune it up. I think performance is better as in sport mode I beat all the gas cars. In terms of ride, it doesn't have the vroom, vroom, vroom of the more powerful gas engines, but I see them behind me in my rear view. EVs have better performance in my opinion. Also, I think it will be cheaper to tune-up than my old gas engine Ford Explorer or Mini-Cooper, but haven't got the bill yet.

Forum List

Back