Tell Me It Ain't So

Sure they can. YOu call a teacher "Stupid", you are going to get a detention!

This kid expressed homophobic opinions on school time...
He wasn't homophobic, he just said he was scared of queers.

I think that the Plainwell School District has got some 'splaining to do.
It doesn't look good on the face of it, not one bit.
So let them explain. There is more to the story I'm sure.
Schools are the place where all opinions should be discussed.
Not ALL. There are lots of subjects (use your imagination).

Discussion versus indoctrination.
You agree there is a difference, right?

We don't yet know what he was saying and if this conversation involved more than one student.
But something we do not know the background in this case.
Agreed. We don't.
If ALL he was doing was having a private conversation with another, then I can't see how the school should or would care.

IF the kid was having a private conversation and not involving other students, I don't see a problem.

If he was (Which we don't know yet) preaching and was 'talked to by administration' in the past, does that make a difference?

The documents filed in federal court Thursday describe part of the text message exchange.

In it, he allegedly said that the "Bible teaches that homosexual conduct is a sin, and in the Christian context that God created only two biological genders — man and woman."

He allegedly continued, saying that "while homosexual conduct is a sin, however, everyone is a sinner due to freewill choices, and he would pray for them 'to repent and follow Jesus.'”

“The Bible says at the end of days all will know the truth, every knee will bow, and every tongue confess that Jesus is Lord.”

The lawsuit alleged that the other student he was speaking to began "berating" him, and calling him "many offensive names for his sincerely held Christian beliefs."

Fox News to the rescue.

He might have been texting gays and telling them they're going to Hell.

A High School student was suspended 3 days for a private conversation about his religious belief in a text with another student in the school's hallway.
Seriously?????

The complaint alleges he:

Read More: Did Plainwell School's Actually Suspend A Student For That? | Did The Plainwell School District Actually Suspend A Student For his Christian Beliefs

According to Kallman, the student was disciplined for two conversations in which he spoke to other students about his Christian beliefs — one happening in a hallway at school, and another in a private text conversation. He says the texting happened off campus, during non-school hours.

Seems the First Amendment is under attack
Had a similar incident happen to me. It came down to me getting legal help . Long story short they got straightened out about my rights under the law.

The documents filed in federal court Thursday describe part of the text message exchange.

In it, he allegedly said that the "Bible teaches that homosexual conduct is a sin, and in the Christian context that God created only two biological genders — man and woman."

He allegedly continued, saying that "while homosexual conduct is a sin, however, everyone is a sinner due to freewill choices, and he would pray for them 'to repent and follow Jesus.'”

“The Bible says at the end of days all will know the truth, every knee will bow, and every tongue confess that Jesus is Lord.”

The lawsuit alleged that the other student he was speaking to began "berating" him, and calling him "many offensive names for his sincerely held Christian beliefs."

Fox News to the rescue.

They are, he is being to save the homos souls

Fox News to the rescue.

the bible also says woman dont have prostate glands....

Generally I like to hear the other side of the story, but this doesn't sound good. Was the kid proselytizing in school? Even after being asked to STFU? IOW, was he harassing somebody? Or is this a case of discrimination against a religion? Christianity and Judaism seem to be taking it in the shorts these days, but not any other religions. Why is that?
Nah, he was basically making a sermon in the hallway about how the Bible says homosexuaity is a sin and how God says there are only two genders.

I think our kids can handle this.

He wasn't homophobic, he just said he was scared of queers.
Uh, dude.. that's what "homophobic" means.

Scared of gay people.

Kind of like Arachnophobia means "afraid of spiders".

You are guessing if they had a policy with him posting on a social media platform? Really?

Oh, I have no doubt they check what these kids are posting on social media. The last thing they want is little Timmy saying, "I'm gonna shoot up the school tomorrow" and not catch it.

what are you afraid of joe?...putting someone on ignore because they dont agree with you is what pussies do...
Naw, I put him on ignore because he's a troll...

Uh, dude.. that's what "homophobic" means.

Scared of gay people.

Kind of like Arachnophobia means "afraid of spiders".

Oh, I have no doubt they check what these kids are posting on social media. The last thing they want is little Timmy saying, "I'm gonna shoot up the school tomorrow" and not catch it.

Naw, I put him on ignore because he's a troll...
well joe lots here think you are a troll to....i know your buddy mac does...

So, are you thinking this is what was on his social media? Really? That would have been big news, yet, nothing was mentioned.
Just have to make up shit to argue, don't you Joe?
idiot

A High School student was suspended 3 days for a private conversation about his religious belief in a text with another student in the school's hallway.
Seriously?????

The complaint alleges he:

Read More: Did Plainwell School's Actually Suspend A Student For That? | Did The Plainwell School District Actually Suspend A Student For his Christian Beliefs

According to Kallman, the student was disciplined for two conversations in which he spoke to other students about his Christian beliefs — one happening in a hallway at school, and another in a private text conversation. He says the texting happened off campus, during non-school hours.

Seems the First Amendment is under attack

It's more that the First Amendment. All of our rights are under attack. Public education is now just an indoctrination program to teach children to obey and believe what ever the government dictates.

So, are you thinking this is what was on his social media? Really? That would have been big news, yet, nothing was mentioned.
Just have to make up shit to argue, don't you Joe?

Actually, it sounds like that they saw something he texted that was homophobic and transphobic... they weren't clear if it was a mass text to other students (and one of them ratted him out) or if it was on something like Facebook or Twitter.

Forum List

Back