Tell Me It Ain't So

As long as they can peaceably be discussed. (per the USSC)

That line was crossed when the student was disciplined for texting off campus and during non-school hours. The student's First Amendment rights were violated and the school should be forced to make restitution.

That line was crossed when the student was disciplined for texting off campus and during non-school hours. The student's First Amendment rights were violated and the school should be forced to make restitution.

Perhaps so.

Well, if people were complaining about him.

And they told him to stop.

And he didn't stop.

Then it becomes an issue.

And there is nothing wrong with dissenting opinions.
Schools are the place where all opinions should be discussed.
Not any more. When I was in junior high school, over 50 years ago, I recall a very lively discussion in a very racially mixed Social Studies class, in which a student used the "N" word in very precise and proper context, and.......................... GASP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!................................ nobody beat her up. None of the POC's hunted her down in the alley after school.

Not any more.

That was kind of the end of innocence.

A High School student was suspended 3 days for a private conversation about his religious belief in a text with another student in the school's hallway.
Seriously?????

The complaint alleges he:

Read More: Did Plainwell School's Actually Suspend A Student For That? | Did The Plainwell School District Actually Suspend A Student For his Christian Beliefs

According to Kallman, the student was disciplined for two conversations in which he spoke to other students about his Christian beliefs — one happening in a hallway at school, and another in a private text conversation. He says the texting happened off campus, during non-school hours.

Seems the First Amendment is under attack
He is a right wing christian fanatic attacking others because they didnt adhere to the bible, a 1900 year old book of fables. You right wing nut jobs sure are a bunch of snowflakes. This will be thrown out.

I think what we should be asking here is do you support the right wing terrorists in Michigan that were going to kidnap and kill a democratically elected official?

He is a right wing christian fanatic attacking others because they didnt adhere to the bible, a 1900 year old book of fables. You right wing nut jobs sure are a bunch of snowflakes. This will be thrown out.

I think what we should be asking here is do you support the right wing terrorists in Michigan that were going to kidnap and kill a democratically elected official?

A school cannot force anyone from posting beliefs on social media platforms.

Good grief

The Defendants’ further instructed David that he must stop posting his religious comments on all his social media platforms.

Read More:
Did Plainwell School's Actually Suspend A Student For That? | Did The Plainwell School District Actually Suspend A Student For his Christian Beliefs

Not sure how far the school's tentacles can legally encompass with the students rights.

That will be up to the court. The courts have curtailed students civil rights in schools in the interest of a stable learning environment. I disagree with many of their actions but they are still their actions.

A High School student was suspended 3 days for a private conversation about his religious belief in a text with another student in the school's hallway.
Seriously?????

The complaint alleges he:

Read More: Did Plainwell School's Actually Suspend A Student For That? | Did The Plainwell School District Actually Suspend A Student For his Christian Beliefs

According to Kallman, the student was disciplined for two conversations in which he spoke to other students about his Christian beliefs — one happening in a hallway at school, and another in a private text conversation. He says the texting happened off campus, during non-school hours.

Seems the First Amendment is under attack
That write up says that the student is also being punished for not reporting inappropriate jokes that they may hear out of the other students. Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but if school officials were hoping that this kid would be a canary, can I ask what would be in it for that kid, especially if the other students were to eventually get wind of the kid becoming a rat and nothing more?

God bless you and the student always!!!

Holly

Otis, you never fail at what you do best.

Read the two articles I provided for you to make an EDUCATED statement.

Both links go to the same article.

I don't know how good the source is.

He's suing, so we'll have to wait and see.

That will be up to the court. The courts have curtailed students civil rights in schools in the interest of a stable learning environment. I disagree with many of their actions but they are still their actions.
Obviously this student is not stable. Actually he sounds like your typical right wing bigot on here. Also, probably a closet case.

Well, if people were complaining about him.

And they told him to stop.

And he didn't stop.

Then it becomes an issue.
Lol, you sound like a kkk Democrat from back in the day.

Well people were complaining about him being black.

And they told him to stop being black.

And he didn't stop.

Then it becomes a problem.

Obviously this student is not stable. Actually he sounds like your typical right wing bigot on here. Also, probably a closet case.

Simply stating one's beliefs does not make one unstable. He has as much of a right as anyone else within the guidelines set up by the USSC. (which as I said, I do not 100% agree with but it is what it is)

Forum List

Back