telescope advice?

i would like one that moves with ability to hook up to a laptop...any advice?
1618055458271.png

My son and I years ago had a quality telescope.
The first thing I learned is how difficult it is. It is hard. Really hard.
Almost impossible to look at any object for more than a few seconds if you can find it at all.
And that.... is where motorized comes into play. I don't remember the name of it, but we bought the motor assy. It wasn't hooked up directly to a computer (laptops existed back then, but not many) but you plugged in your own coordinates, date and time and you could then move the motor to where it needed to be as well as what speed/direction to keep moving.

ONLY way to get into observing the night sky.
Saw some fantastic stuff. Really is fascinating to look at the moons of Jupiter etc. And know you are looking at it live.
But even with that technology, it is still difficult. Observing the night sky is 95% disappointment with 5% amazement.

Celestron makes the least expensive tracking telescopes. I think a decent 6" can be bought for less than 800 bucks

I have a couple you can have, I bought them for the kids and they used them maybe six months.
Pretty much. Until you buy one, you have no idea how difficult it is to find this tiny-tiny dot in an infinite, moving landscape...standing on a "platform" yourself that is also moving

I have a couple you can have, I bought them for the kids and they used them maybe six months.
Pretty much. Until you buy one, you have no idea how difficult it is to find this tiny-tiny dot in an infinite, moving landscape...standing on a "platform" yourself that is also moving
I have ones that are programable to move the telescope for you with a cord to plug into the computer to download the software. They found other stuff to be interested in like kids do.

Celestron RASA 11" (Rowe Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph 279mm F2.2)
Williams Optics ZenithStar 61mm APO Doublet Refractor (used as a guide scope -total flex/go big or go home)
Celestron CGX Equatorial Mount and Tripod
ZWO ASI294MC Pro CMOS Imaging Camera for Wide-Field use (x2)sd
ZW0 ASI178MC CMOS Imaging Camera for Narrow-Field use
ZWO ASI178MM CMOS Guide Camera
Dell G7 17' Laptop i7 6 Core 16GB Ram GeForce GTX 2060 1TB SSD

celestron is a strong contender...and yes we know we have to have one that moves...i am willing to spend some coin...hell i am hoping for another stimy

Forum List

Back