Ted Cruz: "Will Abolish IRS and Department of "Education"

Only a dipshit makes a claim and then says when challenged, "Do your own research."

This is almost a guarantee they are full of shit.

2013 Flat Tax Act: Text of H.R. 1040 Flat Tax Act Introduced version - GovTrack.us

Has deductions built right into it:

Basic standard deduction

For purposes of paragraph (1), the basic standard deduction is—

(A)
$32,496 in the case of—

(i)
a joint return, or

(ii)
a surviving spouse (as defined in section 2(a)),

(B)
$20,739 in the case of a head of household (as defined in section 2(b)), and

(C)
$16,248 in the case of an individual—

(i)
who is not married and who is not a surviving spouse or head of household, or

(ii)
who is a married individual filing a separate return.

Simple enough.

Only a dipshit makes a claim and then says when challenged, "Do your own research."

I wasn't challenged on anything. You ask what flat tax was I offered you a definition. You stated you wanted to see the text, I'm not obliged to do your research.

My point has been more than demonstrated. The Fair Tax has credits and exemptions built into it. The Flat Tax has deductions and exemptions built into it.

So there you go.

This habit of rubes cheering on demagogues like Ted "Abolish the IRS" Cruz without demanding a written plan is getting beyond ridiculous.

Stop drinking piss. Start thinking.

A flat tax applies the same tax rate to all taxpayers with no deductions or exemptions.
I would like to see that in writing.

Google is your friend.
Argument from ignorance is your friend, I see. Show me a flat tax bill which bans deductions and exemptions.

There is nothing ignorant in letting you do your own research. Ignorance is you not researching these things for yourself but arguing about them.
An argument from ignorance is when one makes a claim and then does not support that claim when asked, believing the claim is true until proven false. This is a logical fallacy.

You have not supported your claim. At all.

Show me a Fair Tax Act which does not have exemptions, deductions, or credits.

I just provided one that does.

I haven't said a word about a "fair tax".

I wasn't challenged on anything. You ask what flat tax was I offered you a definition. You stated you wanted to see the text, I'm not obliged to do your research.
You claimed the "flat tax applies the same tax rate to all taxpayers with no deductions or exemptions."

I asked for evidence.

You provided none.

Your claim is bullshit until proven.

Google is your friend.
Argument from ignorance is your friend, I see. Show me a flat tax bill which bans deductions and exemptions.

There is nothing ignorant in letting you do your own research. Ignorance is you not researching these things for yourself but arguing about them.
An argument from ignorance is when one makes a claim and then does not support that claim when asked, believing the claim is true until proven false. This is a logical fallacy.

Show me a Flat Tax Act with "with no deductions or exemptions."

My point has been more than demonstrated. The Fair Tax has credits and exemptions built into it. The Flat Tax has deductions and exemptions built into it.

So there you go.

This habit of rubes cheering on demagogues like Ted "Abolish the IRS" Cruz without demanding a written plan is getting beyond ridiculous.

The 2013 tax code had 73,954 pages to explain it, I doubt the 2014 tax code is any different. But yet, you think a flat tax or a fair tax is too complicated?

http://www.cch.com/TaxLawPileUp.pdf

You see, kids, they can't do it. No one can show any tax "reform" which bans tax expenditures.

Because any Senator or Congressman who specifically advocates banning deductions, exemptions, and credits is biting the hands that feed him. A good chunk of their re-election warchest comes from the ability to place and protect $1.2 trillion of annual tax expenditures.

This is how they maintain their 98 percent re-election rate in the House and their >80 percent re-election rate in the Senate.

So there you go.

The 2013 tax code had 73,954 pages to explain it, I doubt the 2014 tax code is any different. But yet, you think a flat tax or a fair tax is too complicated?

http://www.cch.com/TaxLawPileUp.pdf
A flat tax, regressive but workable if it's high enough. About 40% on all income should do it. The people at the bottom are going to need a shit-load of support.

And he'll replace IRS with what exactly? No tax revenue means no USA.

Flat tax
Please explain how one tax bracket will simplify taxes.

Right now, there are seven tax brackets. I challenge you to explain how those seven tax brackets are the sole reason filing taxes is so complicated.

A flat tax applies the same tax rate to all taxpayers with no deductions or exemptions.

Google is your friend.
And the enemy of the right wing.

So there you go.

Still waiting for you to prove your claim and show us a flat tax bill "with no deductions or exemptions."

The 2014 tax code took decades to grow to as many pages it has become.

Any tax reform act which does not explicitly ban those same deductions and credits and exemptions is doomed to grow to the same size over time once enacted.

In fact, starting from almost scratch would be a huge financial boon to Representatives and Senators as they collect more cash to put them all back in. KA-CHING!

I love the Fair Tax, except for its one fatal flaw, which is the same fatal flaw every tax scheme has in America.

There is no ban on deductions, exemptions, or credits. Thus, every "reform" on the table is a vehicle for more corruption. A means for Congressmen to collect campaign cash as they put thousands of carve-out in the tax code for their donors.

KA-CHING!

Until Americans figure this out, they will be susceptible rubes.

As more and more tax expenditures are placed in the tax code, it makes our tax system more and more opaque. We are at the point where most people could not tell you how much federal income tax they paid last year. But they could probably tell you how much their refund was, down to the dollar.

Tax expenditures are the biggest wealth redistribution program going, and also the largest behavioral modification government program ever.

They drive up the price of everything that gets a deduction, credit, or exemption. Your house would be many thousands of dollars cheaper without the mortgage interest deduction.

They transfer wealth up the income ladder. The wealthier you are, the bigger the deductions you get, and those deductions come out of every taxpayer's pocket in the form of higher tax rates and federal debt.

Instead of screaming "Abolish the IRS", if Ted Cruz were an honest politician he would be screaming, "Ban Tax Expenditures!"

But it takes brains to understand the issue. Ted Cruz is instead underestimating the intelligence of voters, and thus he is insulting them. He appeals to the retards instead of leading.

Google is your friend.

Show me a Flat Tax Act with "with no deductions or exemptions."

A flat tax system includes an exemption based on family size that everyone can take. In a pure flat tax system that exemption would be the only tax break anyone gets. Flat tax proposals can differ from one another in several ways: how high the rate is set, how big the exemptions are, if other tax breaks are allowed and whether the payroll and/or estate tax is included or excluded.

It sure beats the 73,000 plus pages of tax laws we have today.

upsidedownflag.gif
ffnrdhkbuu41zyrknvmn.jpg
upsidedownflag.gif

Abolishing the IRS and the Department of "Education" ought to be done.

The IRS originated with the first "income" tax adopted by scumbag extraordinaire Ape Lincoln who decided to ENSLAVE Americans y adopting that type of tax.

The Department of Education, which did not even exist until Jimmy Carter created it, is a waste of money and certainly should be abolished. Every state has a department of education and/or a state board of education. Every county has a school board. Over 90% of K-12 school funding comes from state and local money.

Abolishing the Department of Education would be one step toward fiscal sanity and toward reducing the bloated federal bureaucracy.

Reagan used to talk about abolishing the Dept of Ed when he was campaigning.

He never did. And he had a better chance of doing it than anyone else ever will.

Forum List

Back