Ted Cruz is now Campaigning with Pence for Trump, and Major Networks, including FOX IGNORES IT

I was channel surfing and caught a glimpse of Cruz with Pence on a tarmac, and the FOX talking bimbo just ignored the feed and kept running on and on about Melannia Trumps speech. I really wanted to hear what the story was about Cruz and Pence, so I had to google it.

Guess what? Trumps old rival, Ted Cruz, has endorsed Trump and is out campaigning for him now with VP nominee Pence!

Why isnt this story getting more coverage?

Cuz it hurts the Hildebeat?

Mike Pence, Ted Cruz set to tout Trump in Michigan

Ted Cruz Will Appear With Mike Pence to Campaign for Trump

NPR covered it - heard it on the radio on the drive home.

But, he didn't exactly endorse Trump...in fact...he mentioned Trump by name once and it was kind of neutral in that a vote for Trump was the only way to ensure conservative values...he DID however heavily endorse Pence :)

But, he didn't exactly endorse Trump...in fact...he mentioned Trump by name once and it was kind of neutral in that a vote for Trump was the only way to ensure conservative values...he DID however heavily endorse Pence :)
If Cruz is voting for Trump and campaigning for Trump that is equivalent to an endorsement.

The rest is semantics.

Ted Cruz is an Open Borders sell out.

No, I dont think Cruz is an open borders advocate.

Did Ted Cruz Actually Support Legal Status for Undocumented Immigrants?
Assertions about Cruz's support for expanding legal immigration are correct. During the 2013 proposed an amendment to increase the statutory cap of 65,000 on annual H-1B visas—used by U.S. companies to hire skilled foreign workers—by 500 percent to 325,000. It failed, and he expressed his disappointment.
"I was pleased today to offer legislation that would have improved and expanded legal immigration by dramatically increasing the cap for high-tech temporary worker visas," Cruz said in May 2013, citing as evidence a study by the conservative American Enterprise Institute to argue that his plan would improve the immigration system as well as "encourage economic growth and create new jobs in America."

Now, as the H-1B program becomes a growing target on the right, Cruz is qualifying his position, saying he's working with Sessions, an ardent H-1B opponent, to come up with reforms to the program. "If I am elected president the H-1B program will not be used to replace American workers," he told Gallagher on Friday, adding that companies that attempt to do so "will face serious legal penalties and even prosecution."

Steve King Defends Cruz in Immigration Dust Up
Iowa representative Steve King, one of the loudest opponents of comprehensive immigration reform in Congress, says he is not troubled by an amendment Ted Cruz proposed during the 2013 debate over the Gang of Eight reform bill, which has been used this week by Cruz’s opponents to portray him as soft on the issue. Cruz, who has long painted himself as the ideological purist in the race, found himself in an odd position this week: under fire from Marco Rubio, a co-sponsor of the failed Gang of Eight bill, for being in favor of expanded immigration.

The attack stems from comments Cruz made during the 2013 immigration debate supporting an increase in the number of legal immigrants granted entry to the U.S., and an amendment he proposed that would have allowed people in the country illegally to stay without granting them legal status. Rubio, this week, pointed to Cruz’s remarks and amendment as evidence that the two rivals shared more in common on immigration than the Texas senator claims. But King, one of the most vocal opponents of the Gang of Eight bill and an influential Republican in Iowa, the state that will hold the first Republican nominating contest on February 1, tells National Review he does not find Cruz’s past remarks troubling.

“I’m zero troubled by the language in the amendment,” he says in a phone call. “But I am troubled by the attacks that have come because they seem to be designed to equate Ted Cruz’s immigration position with that of Marco Rubio — and I don’t see how a serious person can say that.” King, who followed the Gang of Eight bill closely, and at times drew fire for the language he used to express his opposition to it, says he was aware of Cruz’s amendments from the moment they were offered, and says he and Cruz talked specifically about them when Cruz attended the Iowa State Fair this summer. King says he believes the Cruz campaign’s explanation for that amendment: that it was meant to be a poison pill that would scuttle the bill all together.

I think this is just the beginning of out of step republicans rushing to try and get in on a trump victory. A party headed by a victorious trump will try to exorcise the weak kneed establishment and these guys see their gravy train leaving the station without them. This was predictable. Their principles will go out the window if trump wins.

I think this is just the beginning of out of step republicans rushing to try and get in on a trump victory. A party headed by a victorious trump will try to exorcise the weak kneed establishment and these guys see their gravy train leaving the station without them. This was predictable. Their principles will go out the window if trump wins.
Republican principles come from their contributors.

If Cruz is voting for Trump and campaigning for Trump that is equivalent to an endorsement.

The rest is semantics.

Not so sure it's really just "semantics" when he was very particular to give very little support to Trump himself.

I hate Cruz.
That's because he's good, and you're evil. And he will go to heaven, while you go to hell.
I like most of your posts, but Independent is not evil.

Blackrook, the hyperbole seem inappropriate, but you have every right to say whatever you want to.

Independent is a big boy so I'm sure he can handle it.

Is there some reason you went off on Independent like that?
I guess "I hate Cruz" pissed me off.

Ted Cruz stood alone against Obamacare while the Republican leadership ran for the hills, and they even called him nasty names for his courage. In my book, anyone who hates Ted Cruz is a traitor.
Ted Cruz is an Open Borders sell out.
I oppose the ACA AND Ted Cruz.

Cruz supports Obamacare and open borders? You're a moron

Not so sure it's really just "semantics" when he was very particular to give very little support to Trump himself.
Which would you rather have, someone who says they support you but does absolutely nothing to back you up, or someone who wont formally say that they support you, but is going all over the country to CAMPAIGN FOR YOU?

Seems simple enough to me which I would rather have.

They did Cruz a huge favor.
I don't think Lying Ted wants it out there much that he had to
kiss Trump's ass big time in order to be allowed to get on the
Trump train to disaster.

You are right . They should be all over how shady Trump has hooked up with a guy he called "lying ted".
IMG_1614.JPG

They did Cruz a huge favor.
I don't think Lying Ted wants it out there much that he had to
kiss Trump's ass big time in order to be allowed to get on the
Trump train to disaster.
Yeah, because that makes a lot of sense.
:rolleyes:

CNN - isn't that the Clinton News Network - says Cruz endorses Trump - so it must be true :) anyway, Looks like an endorsement to me.

Washington (CNN)Ted Cruz endorsed Donald Trump for the presidency Friday afternoon, a stunning turn of events after a contentious primary filled with nasty personal attacks and a dramatic snub at the Republican National Convention.

"After many months of careful consideration, of prayer and searching my own conscience, I have decided that on Election Day, I will vote for the Republican nominee, Donald Trump," Cruz wrote in a Facebook post.
"A year ago, I pledged to endorse the Republican nominee, and I am honoring that commitment. And if you don't want to see a Hillary Clinton presidency, I encourage you to vote for him."
"I am greatly honored by the endorsement of Senator Cruz," Trump said in a statement obtained by CNN. "We have fought the battle and he was a tough and brilliant opponent. I look forward to working with him for many years to come in order to make America great again."...

Ted Cruz endorses Donald Trump - CNNPolitics.com

Forum List

Back