Ted Cruz Believed Sharks Were Swimming In Los Angeles River.

What would they do without Media Matters? President Joe can't remember where he is half the time but Cruz's "holy Crap" becomes a subject for a political discussion.

Id be a liar if I said I never fell for something that wasn't true. So I can't take a jab at the guy for doing the same thing I'd done on occasion, read something that looks and sounds real without looking into it more.

Sen. Ted Cruz fell victim to a seemingly obvious social media hoax during Hurricane Hilary ... because he truly believed there was a shark swimming through Los Angeles' flooded streets.

The U.S. Senator from Texas quote tweeted an image of a shark cruising through what seemed like a flooded L.A. freeway, and added his own technical assessment ... "Holy crap."

Well, good ol' Ted took the bait, hook, line, and sinker ... he'd reposted a Tweet from Barstool's Dan Katz, who claimed the shark photo was taken by a friend of his driving along L.A.'s 405 freeway.

Problem is ... the image is actually edited, and it's popped up a bunch over the past decade, usually when hurricanes hit the U.S. -- with the initial posting coming back in 2011 when Hurricane Irene slammed Puerto Rico.

Never mind that sharks are salt-water creatures. Never mind that L.A. River is not deep enough for sharks anyhow.

Ted Cruz is quite possibility the stupid person there is. His gullibility level unbelivable.
Its not like it has never happened before. Hurricanes, tsunamis and floods can bring ocean creatures on land, but thats because the land is covered by several feet of water.

Here is an example video...

I llved in Australia for 2 years. Small sharks routinely came up canals and bit people
Not as odd as you may think
Those canals most likely were estuarine brackish waters which had both fresh and salt water in it. All the water running through LA, normally dry channels this time of year , was freshwater. Not very likely. Most sharks do not enter freshwater. Bull sharks do rarely. Sharks require saltwater to live. The exception would be the few freshwater sharks that evolved but that took millions of years.

Those canals most likely were estuarine brackish waters which had both fresh and salt water in it. All the water running through LA, normally dry channels this time of year , was freshwater. Not very likely. Most sharks do not enter freshwater. Bull sharks do rarely. Sharks require saltwater to live. The exception would be the few freshwater sharks that evolved but that took millions of years.

Forum List

Back