Tebow 'Looking Sharp' in Eagles Training Camp

Eagles camp notebook: Tim Tebow sharp on Day 1

"Quarterback Tim Tebow got off to a strong start at training camp, though his reps were limited during the 90-minute workout that was conducted in shorts and without shoulder pads.

Tebow completed 7 of his first 8 passes during drills and looked more confident and precise than he did during the minicamps.

His best play came during the one-on-one sessions, when he lofted a deep pass down the sideline that wide receiver and former University of Florida teammate Riley Cooper caught in stride for a 50-yard gain. Cooper even pumped his fist as he was running downfield."

Looks like maybe all that money Tim put into throwing mechanics coaching has paid off.
We'll see. Tebow's weakness, imo, has always been that he isn't sharp enough to keep up with the higher level of playmaking the NFL requires over college.

His mind was okay, it was his mechanics on throwing. He looks a lot better than he did two years ago. He would make a good Halfback or TE.
I think he will still make a QB, maybe at Philadelphia if someone gets hurt, God forbid, or at another team running thin on their roster for whatever reason.

Eagles camp notebook: Tim Tebow sharp on Day 1

"Quarterback Tim Tebow got off to a strong start at training camp, though his reps were limited during the 90-minute workout that was conducted in shorts and without shoulder pads.

Tebow completed 7 of his first 8 passes during drills and looked more confident and precise than he did during the minicamps.

His best play came during the one-on-one sessions, when he lofted a deep pass down the sideline that wide receiver and former University of Florida teammate Riley Cooper caught in stride for a 50-yard gain. Cooper even pumped his fist as he was running downfield."

Looks like maybe all that money Tim put into throwing mechanics coaching has paid off.
We'll see. Tebow's weakness, imo, has always been that he isn't sharp enough to keep up with the higher level of playmaking the NFL requires over college.

His mind was okay, it was his mechanics on throwing. He looks a lot better than he did two years ago. He would make a good Halfback or TE.
I think he will still make a QB, maybe at Philadelphia if someone gets hurt, God forbid, or at another team running thin on their roster for whatever reason.
He should try the CFL and try to follow in Kurt Warner's footsteps.

In Tebows last game, he had a QB rating of 117, which is pretty darned high.

Has there ever been a QB with playoff game wins ever cut by a professional team after having such a phenomenal success in his last game? And his preseason QB average of 90 isn't all that shabby either.

But I've just never heard of such a thing. Is there a precedent for this?

Has there ever been a QB with playoff game wins ever cut by a professional team after having such a phenomenal success in his last game? And his preseason QB average of 90 isn't all that shabby either.

Need to remember that rating came against 3rd-stringers.

Need to remember that rating came against 3rd-stringers.
Yeah but NFL 3rd string is still better than your typical college roster.

This kid is better than NFL front offices are indicating.

Forum List

Back