Teamsters Warn of Potential Work Stoppages That Could have a Impact On The East Coast....May Spread

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Teamsters Warn Potential Work Stoppages Could Have Major Impact on East Coast Food Service Industry

(WASHINGTON) – The Teamsters Warehouse Division and numerous Teamster locals currently in contract negotiations with US Foods [NYSE: USFD] are putting the foodservice giant on notice that work stoppages are imminent. Workers at a growing number of US Foods Distribution Centers throughout the East Coast are considering the possibility of walking off the job following an increasing number of unresolved labor contracts.

Workers at several of these locations say the company has violated federal labor laws, and US Foods is currently being investigated by the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) for several allegations of unfair labor practices (ULPs). The allegations include illegal terminations, unilaterally changing working conditions and bargaining in bad faith with union representatives.

Oh look, just in time for the recession....A union shakedown....I wonder which dem issued the order?

As far as strikes go it's a no brainer time to launch one, the public relations side is going to be more difficult for sure. Early on in my career I decided I didn't want any part of dedicated food delivery side, union or otherwise. Much bigger chance of injury and beating your body into the ground. Had a friend call and ask if I wanted to run team for a pizza chain. Told him two wheeling heavy boxes down a ramp wasn't my idea of fun. Met him several yrs later and he had blown out both shoulders trying to do too much. It's a tough industry.

Teamsters Warn Potential Work Stoppages Could Have Major Impact on East Coast Food Service Industry

(WASHINGTON) – The Teamsters Warehouse Division and numerous Teamster locals currently in contract negotiations with US Foods [NYSE: USFD] are putting the foodservice giant on notice that work stoppages are imminent. Workers at a growing number of US Foods Distribution Centers throughout the East Coast are considering the possibility of walking off the job following an increasing number of unresolved labor contracts.

Workers at several of these locations say the company has violated federal labor laws, and US Foods is currently being investigated by the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) for several allegations of unfair labor practices (ULPs). The allegations include illegal terminations, unilaterally changing working conditions and bargaining in bad faith with union representatives.

Oh look, just in time for the recession....A union shakedown....I wonder which dem issued the order?

You don't know much about labor unions, do you?

Damn it Biden, this is all his fault.

Forum List

Back