Team USA starts off summer Olympics with no medals on opening day for first time since 1972

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Blue ribbons for everyone and anti-American athletes who aren't proud enough or dedicated enough to win?

Let's hope America can recover. China already has 3 goals and a bronze.

Team USA is off to its worst Summer Olympic start in nearly 50 years, having not won a single medal on the first day of competition for the first time since 1972.

Saturday marked a disappointing day for the American’s competing in archery, cycling, fencing, judo, air rifle and pistol shooting, taekwondo, and weightlifting, with not a single athlete taking the podium to receive a medal.

The last time Team USA walked away without any hardware on the first day of the Summer Olympics was at the 1972 Munich Games, USA Today reported. They previously failed to medal on day one of the 2018 Winter Olympics as well.

All the fags and the dykes were boogying together...

I don't think anyone's heart is in it this year. I mean how hard would you try to win knowing at any time some bozo could decide to cancel the olympics altogether because of the scamdemic?

I think maybe some of our athletes are more worried about protesting than performing. They belong at home. Hopefully some good kid will win soon and respectfully wrap his or herself in the flag. But I won't be watching. Todays athletes sure have a way of turning off people like me. I'll just catch the highlights on the news.

Gold and silver for the USA in 400 meter swim. One seems to be from my home town Orlando. They both seem to be two good fellas. No political comments. Just glad to be there and win. Women's swim is gaining medals as well.

That is supposed the US will get the first place both counting gold medals and medals overall. Good luck, guys.

Forum List

Back