Teacher tells boy he has to eat alone for not believing in god

Lawsuit alleges 7-year-old quizzed on religion ordered to sit alone at lunch for telling classmates he didn t believe in God - The Washington Post

The teacher is unfit to teach children obviously or maybe the teacher needs to get a job at a religious school.Nutcase.

For those who are self proclaimed 'evangelicals', this is why people oppose you at every turn. This IS your end game, forcing others to believe in YOUR god.

Forget it, not now not ever. Keep that shite in your house or your church. Stop shaming children into your beliefs.

This child has more character than any of you.

Last edited:
Maybe the teacher was just dividing the kids into different groups. Lake if the teacher said all blondes go left all brunettes go right if there were only one brunette will they be picking on the brunette?
Maybe the teacher was just dividing the kids into different groups. Lake if the teacher said all blondes go left all brunettes go right if there were only one brunette will they be picking on the brunette?

Being made to sit alone at lunch doesnt say "divide into equal groups for discussion" to me lol.
If the alleged story is true...then she's obviously wrong.
The kids on recess should practice their free speech and convert the little hethen.

Or they could have a debate and little Johnny can explain all the reasons there is no God. Go ahead Google it.

Is religion off topic as a debate? I'm sure Johnny can get Neal degrass Tyson to come debate a priest.

“It is clear that it is not the province of a public school to advance or inhibit religious beliefs or practices. Under the First and Fourteenth Amendments to the Constitution, this remains the inviolate province of the individual and the church of his/her choice. The rights of any minority, no matter how small, must be protected.”

Correct - including the rights of those free from faith.

Lawsuit alleges 7-year-old quizzed on religion ordered to sit alone at lunch for telling classmates he didn t believe in God - The Washington Post

The teacher is unfit to teach children obviously or maybe the teacher needs to get a job at a religious school.Nutcase.

For those who are self proclaimed 'evangelicals', this is why people oppose you at every turn. This IS your end game, forcing others to believe in YOUR god.

Forget, not now not ever. Keep that shite in your house or your church. Stop shaming children into your beliefs.

It has already been stated in this thread that nobody is forced to not pray either individual or in groups. Well, why would a group that wants to pray want a non-believer in their midst causing problems during their prayer? He was simply the only non-christian, they didn't exclude him because of it, they included only those who believed in God.

Being made to sit alone at lunch doesnt say "divide into equal groups for discussion" to me lol.
And what evidence does the teacher have a God exists? I think this is why we keep church out of state and the classroom.

God isn't even a theory. It's a hypothesis.

And what evidence does the teacher have a God exists? I think this is why we keep church out of state and the classroom.

God isn't even a theory. It's a hypothesis.
Either they are allowed to believe he exists in their private time or they're not. Make up your fucking minds. If they are free to pray in school in private or in groups then they must be able to exclude non-believers from their prayer circles.

Forget, not now not ever. Keep that shite in your house or your church. Stop shaming children into your beliefs.

It has already been stated in this thread that nobody is forced to not pray either individual or in groups. Well, why would a group that wants to pray want a non-believer in their midst causing problems during their prayer? He was simply the only non-christian, they didn't exclude him because of it, they included only those who believed in God.
Hey little Johnny you want to pray with us? No? OK then we will pray for you.

I actually agree with you. If we let Muslims pray in school why not you guys? You convinced me. We have to be tolerant.

They went to 'authority' who then shamed the child for his beliefs, or non beliefs, and he was punished.

Unacceptable.

The teacher should have told the other children "you each are entitled to believe what you want".

End, of, story.

If it's true it was wrong. With that said it's also wrong to prohibit a child from worshiping and/or believing in God also and yes it's happening
In school yes its wrong as long as its a student led club or group. It SHOULD NOT BE a holiday or special event because those students that don't want to attend get singled out etc.

Sorry, I'm a supporter of freedom of religion.
Supporting freedom of religion is pointless unless that support is comprehensive with regard to both Establishment Clause and Free Exercise Clause jurisprudence – where citizens also have the right to be free from religion, free from being compelled to follow or acknowledge religious doctrine and dogma at the behest of the state, and free to not only practice whatever faith one so desires, but to be free from faith altogether.

“It is clear that it is not the province of a public school to advance or inhibit religious beliefs or practices. Under the First and Fourteenth Amendments to the Constitution, this remains the inviolate province of the individual and the church of his/her choice. The rights of any minority, no matter how small, must be protected.”

Correct - including the rights of those free from faith.
But if the Muslims gotta pray because its that time why can't Christians?

Sorry, we are wrong on this one unfortunately

If it's true it was wrong. With that said it's also wrong to prohibit a child from worshiping and/or believing in God also and yes it's happening
In school yes its wrong as long as its a student led club or group. It SHOULD NOT BE a holiday or special event because those students that don't want to attend get singled out etc.

Supporting freedom of religion is pointless unless that support is comprehensive with regard to both Establishment Clause and Free Exercise Clause jurisprudence – where citizens also have the right to be free from religion, free from being compelled to follow or acknowledge religious doctrine and dogma at the behest of the state, and free to not only practice whatever faith one so desires, but to be free from faith altogether.

It's freedom OF religion,not freedom FROM religion

And how can someone who calls themselves a teacher and a Christian not take the opportunity to teach their students about Christianity otherwise those kids might all go to hell. And if you believe in hell you can't pass up the chance to tell someone about Jesus

My religion is athiesm

My religion is athiesm

I really don't care.

They went to 'authority' who then shamed the child for his beliefs, or non beliefs, and he was punished.

Unacceptable.

The teacher should have told the other children "you each are entitled to believe what you want".

End, of, story.
He went to authority for not including him in their prayer circle. Are you saying that believers should be forced to accept non- believers in their prayer circles?

He has the right to be free from religion. And they should have the right to be free from non-believers in their prayer circle.

My religion is athiesm

I really don't care.
Well we're you suggesting freedom of religion means I gotta pick one? What you said or the way you wrote that suggest that I don't have freedom from religion, I do. Free to not exercise any religion at all. You worry about your soul I'll worry about mine. While you are here worry about your ass because there might not be a heaven awaiting.

Unacceptable.

End, of, story.
He went to authority for not including him in their prayer circle. Are you saying that believers should be forced to accept non- believers in their prayer circles?
Unbelievable. Are there really Christians here right now arguing to exclude non-christians from their prayer circles? I've never heard of such a thing every Christian I have ever known he's wanted to include everybody in their f****** prayer circle you freaks

My religion is athiesm

I really don't care.
Well we're you suggesting freedom of religion means I gotta pick one? What you said or the way you wrote that suggest that I don't have freedom from religion, I do. Free to not exercise any religion at all. You worry about your soul I'll worry about mine. While you are here worry about your ass because there might not be a heaven awaiting.

Are you like fucking stupid or what? Freedom of religion means freedom to practice religion and faith. Stop wasting my time with your bullshit

Forum List

Back