Teacher Quits In Protest After Being Punished For A Banned Books Sign.

JOSweetHeart

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2012
East Tennessee
Go here for the news.

Here is the part of the story that gets to me the most: "Teachers were asked to either box up the books that might trigger a complaint, turn them so their spines faced inward or cover them....."

When are certain people going to learn that all things have the ability to trigger a complaint???

God bless you and the teacher who quit always!!!

Holly

Go here for the news.

Here is the part of the story that gets to me the most: "Teachers were asked to either box up the books that might trigger a complaint, turn them so their spines faced inward or cover them....."

When are certain people going to learn that all things have the ability to trigger a complaint???

God bless you and the teacher who quit always!!!

Holly

I thought it was funny she covered the books with paper, but then put a QR code on it that the students could scan with their phones. Best part? The QR code took them to a website where they could apply for a library card that allowed them to check out "banned" books.

I also find it interesting that they wanted to ban books that might make the students feel uncomfortable. What's even funnier is that this was a Republican law. I guess that means that the Republicans are actually the "snowflakes" they regularly accuse the Democrats of being.

I personally don't think that any books should be banned, as that is a way to stifle free thought. It also is a form of censorship, and that is one of the routes to tyranny.

Can't you just imagine how the site Stalinists would be howling a different tune if the books were sponsored by the kkk and racist against blacks instead of whites, instead?

Forum List

Back