• Yes and explain

Votes: 15 71.4%
  • No and explain

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters

JakeStarkey

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2009
A friend is going to work in a conservative religious school: no elbows or collarbones visible.

I have always thought teachers' dress requirements should generally meet those of the students.

Teachers should be models of appropriate dress and behavior, as well as instructors.

The poll is easy: yes or no. Let's not hear any snowflake whining. Give us your opinion in a sensible manner.

I vote a resounding yes.

No, because "dress code" means uniformity, and uniformity sucks. It's a strongarm way to bury individuality, creativity, personal expression and it drops the hammer of authoritarianism.

They do not need uniforms but a dress code is appropriate for both.

• Banned
th

No, because "dress code" means uniformity, and uniformity sucks. It's a strongarm way to bury individuality, creativity, personal expression and it drops the hammer of authoritarianism.

Creative people find a way to display their individuality even with a uniform

But you must not be very creative

There is nothing wring with school uniforms if kids want to put on a fashion show they can do it after school

A new high school teacher may be just 4 or 5 years older than the seniors at the school. So a dress code is especially important for young teachers so that they look like teachers rather than students.

Given it's a private school, sure. My son went to private school. And I went to private school. I'm used to it. It stimulates a productive learning environment. Education establishments should be treated as professional atmospheres, in my view.

crabtreea1.jpg

I’d like to see ties on male teachers and dresses on female teachers

Yup, the above are a real attack on "individuality, creativity, personal expression and it drops the hammer of authoritarianism."

There is nothing wring with school uniforms if kids want to put on a fashion show they can do it after school

It's got zero to do with "fashion" or "looks" in any way.
It has to do with mind control and authoritarianism. It could be a "required" dress code, a "required" speech code, a "requred" religion, a "requred" cultural anything. When you're dictating robot behaviour, in whatever way, you're suppressing people. Period.

Last edited:

It has to do with mind control and authoritarianism. It could be a "required" dress code, a "required" speech code, a "requred" religion, a "requred" cultural anything. When you're dictating robot behaviour, in whatever way, you're suppressing people. Period.

Arrested Development bullshit. Time to grow up, brainless hippie wannabe.

Pogo, did you go to a school with a dress code or required uniform?

Or is that you are just living a super duper libertarian hippy "against the Man" syndrome?

Arrested Development bullshit. Time to grow up, brainless hippie wannabe.

See what I mean about the authoritarian bullshit? QED.

Forum List

Back