Tea Party summer camp

MANDATORY education by liberal machine=quiz 7th graders on oral sex
OPTIONAL conservative teachings by conservative machine=learn about God, America, and values

Oh the outrage!

Is anyone being forced to attend these camps, sparky? Is it part of the graduation requirement for some public school system?

According to the article, the program will interact with the public school system:

If the school is successful, Jaroch and Lukens will look for ways to run more sessions, either during the summer or after school resumes. In fact, Jaroch said the group might try to bring its curriculum to the public schools during Constitution Week in September.

"We definitely teach the Constitution, especially during Constitution Week," said Linda Cobbe, a school district spokeswoman. She said the district would need to make sure the organization does not have a political agenda, and that they would need to be approved by SERVE, a nonprofit agency that clears volunteers in the schools.

‘Teaching the Constitution’ is problematic, to say the least, particularly with such vague concepts as ‘I believe in God," and "I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable.’

One may believe in god provided he understands the Constitution prohibits the conjoining of church and State, as espoused by the likes Rep. Bachmann and many in the TPM.

As for the ‘Government cannot force me to be charitable,’ this is nonsensical without examples or context. However, Congress does have the Constitutional authority to spend monies collected in taxes to ‘promote the general welfare,’ as affirmed in Helvering v. Davis (1937), concerning Social Security funding and South Dakota v. Dole (1987), with regard to increasing the legal drinking age. These and other cases have affirmed Congress’ plenary authority over public funds and how those funds may be spent.

If the gist of ‘Government cannot force me to be charitable,’ is ‘my taxes can’t be spent on welfare,’ then the position is clearly incorrect per the above-cited Supreme Court rulings.

Consequently, and obviously, if one is to ‘teach the Constitution,’ one must teach in the appropriate context of Constitutional case law which explains the lawful interpretation of the Constitution and its correct meaning.

And this would be the case whether taught in a private, voluntary venue or the public sector school system.

sorry Anach, girls are being beaten into silence and submission as we speak in US religmo camps, they da*ned well don't wish to be there, most of their parents are either too ignorant to realize it, or think it's all part of some cleansing incarceration

the whole story's being blow apart, 20/20 etc....

Apparently I've missed that one. Of course any child under 18 shouldn't get the option to choose certain things. Of course if there are sexual or physical assault issues that's a different story, and these places need to be shut down and their faculties charged. However, simply being sent to a camp to learn your proper place in the world because your parents can't or won't teach it to you is not an issue in my mind. You folks have to remember that I'm not a real big believer in Freedom of Choice, and probably never will be.

Yanno.......this sounds like a conservative version of Ted Haggard's "Jesus Camp". You remember, the one where a conservative, bi-sexual MARRIED man ran the place and then later got nailed for male prostitutes and meth?

Indoctrination of any kind is problematic in my opinion. And..........it sounds eerily like what Hitler did with the Nazi Youth. I mean.......I thought that one of the things that made this country great was the variety of ideas that were generated by EVERYONE, using whatever experiences they had to build on.

If you have a nation with only 1 way of thinking, and everyone is indoctrinated into believing that way, how long will it be before we ALL become slaves to the state? The corporations are trying to steal this country.

Wonder what scandal is gonna come out of this?

Yanno.......this sounds like a conservative version of Ted Haggard's "Jesus Camp". You remember, the one where a conservative, bi-sexual MARRIED man ran the place and then later got nailed for male prostitutes and meth?

Indoctrination of any kind is problematic in my opinion. And..........it sounds eerily like what Hitler did with the Nazi Youth. I mean.......I thought that one of the things that made this country great was the variety of ideas that were generated by EVERYONE, using whatever experiences they had to build on.

If you have a nation with only 1 way of thinking, and everyone is indoctrinated into believing that way, how long will it be before we ALL become slaves to the state? The corporations are trying to steal this country.

Jim Jones and kool aid worked well.

Yep but have you ever dated a pentecostal preachers daughter?

Thats hot.

Wanna know what's even better? Dating a Mormon Elder's daughter. Liz B. was a neighbor of mine, and lemmie tell ya............Mormon Elders daughters are even more of a sex freak than Catholic schoolgirls (and yeah......I've dated one of them as well).

Yep but have you ever dated a pentecostal preachers daughter?

Thats hot.

Wanna know what's even better? Dating a Mormon Elder's daughter. Liz B. was a neighbor of mine, and lemmie tell ya............Mormon Elders daughters are even more of a sex freak than Catholic schoolgirls (and yeah......I've dated one of them as well).

We did a det to utah once...we all thought, great, mormon chicks...

Let me tell you....woohoo.. :)

I'd rather teach ( and did) the things you mentioned on my own. Not having the slant of others interfere. And yes, it can hurt. Really hurt.

I agree it's best for the parents to do it. I also know it's not practical for some parents to be able to instill those ideals on their own for a myriad of reasons. Again, nobody is being forced to send their kids to a camp whose ideology they don't agree with. That's why my parents would send my brothers and myself to certain VBS and other programs while keeping us away from certain ones as well.

It can only really hurt if you (the parent in general) are not paying attention to where you're sending your kids and what is being taught there.

List some of those reasons.......

Bingo. We're speaking of children here.

You mean like the left do in schools?

Funny how you're so quick to see the demon from the right, while completely ignoring it from the left. Clearly, you have no ability to think for yourself.

Idiot.

Now did I make a leaning statement in "program em while they are young"?
You are projecting yourself into my statement yet again.
ASSumptions.

Yea, you did. By not criticising the left programming kids in schools, you demonstrate a partisan view. Don't try and wiggle around it.... no 'ass-uming' from me. Unless you balance your view, then the view is as stated... you criticize it from one side, but not from the other.

Partisan hack.... and not a very smart one.

You should cut our the ASSumptions, it does not become you.

Jim Jones and kool aid worked well.

So Does Rush and iced tea.

Many parents are unable to deal with unruly children. Others are restrained by the societal stigma against corporal punishment. Others may not have the skills to truly educate and explain these things to their children.

Essentially every single one of the reasons that a parent may not be able to teach basic discipline and etiquette to a child pertain to this as well.

Then you have the most damning reason that parents are unable to teach their children proper morals and values..... In too many cases the parents don't believe in or live those morals and values themselves. At which point the children really need to be removed from those homes for their own good.

Talk about building a mountain out of a molehill. We just had a mini scandal where several Obama democrats told grade school kids that their personal hero was Chairman Mao, the butcher of China. Now it seems liberal bikers think a Christian orientated conservative summer camp is like the what? ....the Nazi youth? Bikers of all people should be aware of the dangers of throwing the nazi affiliation charge around..

Many parents are unable to deal with unruly children. Others are restrained by the societal stigma against corporal punishment. Others may not have the skills to truly educate and explain these things to their children.

Essentially every single one of the reasons that a parent may not be able to teach basic discipline and etiquette to a child pertain to this as well.

Then you have the most damning reason that parents are unable to teach their children proper morals and values..... In too many cases the parents don't believe in or live those morals and values themselves. At which point the children really need to be removed from those homes for their own good.

Epic fail. If I, as a parent, don't believe as you do, hand my kids over to your camp.....:eek: NONE of your reasons are valid for handing your kid over to a political camp.

Presently, the religmo summer camps are being exposed for the extreemist authoritarians they are, which is why i posted the followup to the OP

you see, they could not teach religon without a bias any more than one of us could teach politics sans one

there exists very few objectivists who can impart morality as the perspective it is

the proof of this is obviously the diverse stances we post here

NEXT!.....

And again, it's voluntary, it's parents choice, which is what you really hate about it because it is CHOICE, something the left cannot control. Would you rather have the public school system endoctrinate them into an ideology that this country will suffer from down the road "Kinda like it is now"?. Wait...dont answer that we already know.

Public school is voluntary as well. You can always send them to a private school.
Costs too much? Well don't have children if you can't afford to raise them without my help.

Indoctrination of any kind is problematic in my opinion.
You mean like a career in Government. :)

Forum List

Back