Taxing The Rich

Who are you scared of and how much are they spending compared to us. Please give numbers so I get a good laugh.

Mandatory Spending

Mandatory spending is estimated at $2.966 trillion in FY 2021. This category includes entitlement programs such as Social Security, Medicare, and unemployment compensation. It also includes welfare programs such as Medicaid. Social Security will be the biggest expense, budgeted at $1.151 trillion. It's followed by Medicare at $722 billion and Medicaid at $448 billion. Social Security costs are currently 100% covered by payroll taxes and interest on investments. Until 2010, there was more coming into the Social Security Trust Fund than being paid out. Thanks to its investments, the Trust Fund is still running a surplus.

The Trust Fund’s Board estimates that Social Security's surplus will be depleted by 2034.3 Social Security revenue, from payroll taxes and interest earned, will cover only 79% of the benefits promised to retirees.

Medicare is already underfunded because taxes withheld for the program don't pay for all benefits. Congress must use tax dollars to pay for a portion of it. Medicaid is 100% funded by the general fund, also known as "America's Checkbook." This account is used to finance daily activities and long-term operations of the government.4

Discretionary Spending

The discretionary budget for 2021 is $1.485 trillion. More than half goes toward military spending, including Homeland Security, the Department of Veterans Affairs, and other defense-related departments. The rest must pay for all other domestic programs. The largest of these programs are Health and Human Services, Education, and Housing and Urban Development.

There also is the Overseas Contingency Operations fund that pays for wars or continuing military actions. A growing portion of the discretionary budget is set aside for disaster relief such as hurricane and wildfire relief.

You ignored my question. Who are you scared of and how much do they spend compared to us?
I'm scared of the Chinese. You should be too.
And they spend how much on the military? We spend how much?

Obama needed defense money to bomb Libya, fight the war in Iraq for three years and escalated the war in Afghanistan, didn't he?

Clinton needed it to kill Christians in order to protect Muslims, didn't he?
Clinton balanced the budget.
No, Clinton did NOT balance the budget! Don't be such an idiot, Brain!

These uneducated low information Moon Bats don't know that the cummulative national debt was higher when Slick Willy left office than it was when he took office.

Rachael Maddow didn't tell them.
He didn’t have it balanced on day 1 you idiot.

So we have the most deaths. That’s what I said. 8th sure is shitty for the wealthiest nation. MAGA

How much wealth we have has nothing to do with it. All the money in the world isn't going to immediately control a microscopic virus nobody can see. Trump allocated more than enough money to address the problem.

We don't live in a country where a leader can order you to stay home and not leave your house. We live in a free country where the Constitution protects our freedoms, even in a time of crisis.

So we have the most deaths. That’s what I said. 8th sure is shitty for the wealthiest nation. MAGA

How much wealth we have has nothing to do with it. All the money in the world isn't going to immediately control a microscopic virus nobody can see. Trump allocated more than enough money to address the problem.

We don't live in a country where a leader can order you to stay home and not leave your house. We live in a free country where the Constitution protects our freedoms, even in a time of crisis.

You are trying to educate the uneducatable.

These Moon Bats don't know any more about Biology than they do Economics, History, Climate Science, Ethics or the Constitution.

Biden's Chicom buddies are ecstatic that he might be President. Their man in the White House. American jobs and technology are on the way!

Obama's Muslim Mullah buddies are also giddy with joy. Hell, they may even get more billions in cash.

The Mexicans are already massing on the Southern border partying like it is 1999 getting ready for Biden to open up the flood gates. American welfare here they come!

Biden is an absolute idiot.

Anybody that voted for him is an idiot.

The Democrat plans to tax the rich are futile and ignorant. They sound good to the uneducated, but they don't work very well. When you raise tax rates or reduce deductions on the rich, their typical response is to divert more of their money into tax shelters where they pay less tax. They can afford tax lawyers and CPAs who find ways to reduce their taxes dramatically and it's all legal.

Donald Trump knows how. For several years at a time, he paid no income tax. I don't know all the shelters he used but I can guess. One would be accelerated depreciation on the buildings and furniture he owns. Another would be Net Loss Carryover. When you have a loss in one year, the IRS Code allows you to deduct that loss on the returns for following years. If the NLC is large enough, it can give you zero tax liability for 5 or 6 years. Even people of moderate income can use tax shelters. I have 2 of them.

If you don't try and target the rich, they will pay a fair share of taxes just like everybody else. If you target them with high tax rates, they run for tax shelters.

Not only that, depending on "the rich" in question, they will find ways to pass the bill on to someone else. Democrats also love the idea of taxing corporations because they have "more money than they need", and they never understand that corporations don't pay taxes at all; they just raise their prices, and their customers pay the taxes.

There are a lot of college economics professors out there who should be slapped for letting these politicians graduate while being this ignorant of the basics.

Republican plans to tax the poor instead are even more futile and ignorant. Who's got the money?

However, Republicans just love Biden's plans to cut S.S. and Medicare..

They all suck. Say it!

You and Mr. Clean should get together on this, "What utterly ridiculous thing can we say to deflect away from the topic because we have no response" schtick.

Is anyone else shocked to think that our ancestors fought a revolution and started their own independent country over less government oppression than Democrats are demanding today?

After all they do for us little people, they shouldn't have to pay any taxes at all.
I never got a job from a poor person,,,
And how would the rich get rich without labor?

And how would the laborers get paid without someone to create the business for them to apply to?

We all understand that you think the lowest worker on the employee ladder is the only one in the company working, producing any value, or bringing in the profits, but that's because you've never been bright enough to get any higher than night janitor at any company. So how you could you be expected to know what people do during the daytime when they don't want your scummy ass hanging around and scaring away customers?

After all they do for us little people, they shouldn't have to pay any taxes at all.
I never got a job from a poor person,,,
And how would the rich get rich without labor?
labor is always available...

Not to mention that the majority of business owners in this country started their business with only themselves and their family members as labor. I know Mr. Clean thinks they all started out as CEOs with large workforces on day one, but that's not how it goes.

Who are you scared of and how much are they spending compared to us. Please give numbers so I get a good laugh.

Mandatory Spending

Mandatory spending is estimated at $2.966 trillion in FY 2021. This category includes entitlement programs such as Social Security, Medicare, and unemployment compensation. It also includes welfare programs such as Medicaid. Social Security will be the biggest expense, budgeted at $1.151 trillion. It's followed by Medicare at $722 billion and Medicaid at $448 billion. Social Security costs are currently 100% covered by payroll taxes and interest on investments. Until 2010, there was more coming into the Social Security Trust Fund than being paid out. Thanks to its investments, the Trust Fund is still running a surplus.

The Trust Fund’s Board estimates that Social Security's surplus will be depleted by 2034.3 Social Security revenue, from payroll taxes and interest earned, will cover only 79% of the benefits promised to retirees.

Medicare is already underfunded because taxes withheld for the program don't pay for all benefits. Congress must use tax dollars to pay for a portion of it. Medicaid is 100% funded by the general fund, also known as "America's Checkbook." This account is used to finance daily activities and long-term operations of the government.4

Discretionary Spending

The discretionary budget for 2021 is $1.485 trillion. More than half goes toward military spending, including Homeland Security, the Department of Veterans Affairs, and other defense-related departments. The rest must pay for all other domestic programs. The largest of these programs are Health and Human Services, Education, and Housing and Urban Development.

There also is the Overseas Contingency Operations fund that pays for wars or continuing military actions. A growing portion of the discretionary budget is set aside for disaster relief such as hurricane and wildfire relief.

You ignored my question. Who are you scared of and how much do they spend compared to us?

Obama needed defense money to bomb Libya, fight the war in Iraq for three years and escalated the war in Afghanistan, didn't he?

Who gave him the spending bills that made it possible?

Mandatory Spending

Discretionary Spending

Yes he did. Heck there was a surplus for Bush till he ruined everything. Is denying reality all trumpers have?
Yeah, it's almost as if something dramatic happened to throw things off. Now, what could that be?

You are trying to educate the uneducatable.

These Moon Bats don't know any more about Biology than they do Economics, History, Climate Science, Ethics or the Constitution.

Biden's Chicom buddies are ecstatic that he might be President. Their man in the White House. American jobs and technology are on the way!

Obama's Muslim Mullah buddies are also giddy with joy. Hell, they may even get more billions in cash.

The Mexicans are already massing on the Southern border partying like it is 1999 getting ready for Biden to open up the flood gates. American welfare here they come!

Biden is an absolute idiot.

Anybody that voted for him is an idiot.

He's going to repeat the mistakes of the past: sign on to the Paris Accord, re-sign the nuclear deal with Iran which they will use for toilet paper once our people close the door on the way out, increase taxes on the wealthy that won't help one poor person in the US.

What Biden has in his favor are the vaccines that Trump pushed so hard for, and will be out within his first few months in office unless we can find enough mistakes in the vote counts to keep him in his basement where he truly belongs. The pharma companies are not happy with Trump because of his push to have lower prescription prices in the US, so they too will give him all the credit for bringing normalcy back to the US.

Mandatory Spending

Discretionary Spending

We need to spend more than they do because their army is much larger in number than ours. The only thing that would keep us from getting our asses kicked by the Chinese is our superior military technology...something that is really expensive.
So you are dodging the question. Cute. They don’t have the means to get here in great numbers...
China spent $250 billion on its military in 2018, an increase of 83% during the period from 2009 through 2018. The U.S. spent $649 billion, but that represents a reduction of 17% during the same period. China is starting to spend huge amounts of money on it's military with the goal of modernizing it by the year 2025. They aren't doing that to defend themselves, Sparky! They have global ambitions.
Wow we sure spend a lot more. You think going deeper in debt is going to help? Dumb dumb dumb... why are you scared when we spend way more than double?
Because their spending is growing while ours is shrinking? Because they can do things on the cheap because they flat out steal technology from countries like the US? Because China is becoming increasingly belligerent to it's neighbors in the Far East?

Mandatory Spending

Discretionary Spending

Yes he did. Heck there was a surplus for Bush till he ruined everything. Is denying reality all trumpers have?
Brain? Before you make a total fool of yourself...do a little research on this subject! It's a myth that Clinton ever had a balanced budget let alone a surplus.

Mandatory Spending

Discretionary Spending

Brain? Before you make a total fool of yourself...do a little research on this subject! It's a myth that Clinton ever had a balanced budget let alone a surplus.

These stupid uneducated Moon Bats like this "Brain" character believes all the Democrat lies and fake news.

In January of 1993 the national debt was $4.167 billion dollars.

In January of 2001 the national debt was $5.716 billion dollars

So yes that Moon Bat "Brain" is typical of all Moon Bats and is confused as hell or else lying to us. That dipshit Slick Willy ran up the national debt.

Funny thing about Slick Willy. He was a sleazeball and a scumbag but he was politically astute. He had enough politically savvy to let Newt and the Republicans pass everything in their "Contract for America". It kept his administration from being the typical Democrat disaster that we have always seen.

However, the sonofabitch didn't pass one thing. The most important thing. The requirement to have a Federal balanced budget.

So Slick Willy had the opportunity to prevent Federal debt but the asshole was too chickenshit to do it. Monica's mouth sucking his cock was was more important to him that sound fiscal policy. We can actually blame all the debt on Slick Willy because he could have prevented it but he didn't do it.

Last edited:

Mandatory Spending

Discretionary Spending

That’s true but compared to his successors, he was a saint.

1605883525313.png

Forum List

Back