Target CEO raves about the US economy

We are adding personal debt at near record levels. In the time of a booming economy people should be saving, not adding debt.

Instead savings is staying the same and debt is going up.

View attachment 212514
Squiggly lines copied form the internet prove nothing.

You are just not a very smart person or those lines and their source would mean something to you.
Is that your auto response to when your fake shit is called? Let's see, it's uneducated and stupid or racist with you trolls. Any "educated person" that isn't brain washed by the media, that a link from a website is not evidence of anything. Your belief that it is however is proof of something.

It is my response when people are too stupid to understand a graph from the St Louis FRED. Would you like to me explain what it means so that you can quit looking like such an idiot?
I don't care who it is from troll. The GD graph in and of itself proves NOTHING!

I never claimed it was proof of anything.

What it does is show that despite the booming economy people are still not saving any more, this coupled with debt going up is a bad sign for when we have the next downturn.

Your paycheck is just that, it is not an economic indicator, it is one company.
Bullshit.

Nope, you are just too stupid to know the difference.

But I am damn happy that you got a raise from Wendy's finally, all that hard work has paid off for you!
How is it everyone who disagrees with you is too stupid?

What can I say, this broad is filled with stupid people. It is the nature of partisan sheep to be stupid. Anyone that thinks their personal paycheck is an indicator of how the country as a whole is doing, is just stupid. What other word would you like me to use?
No point in talking to you.

I am sorry, would you like me to pretend you are not stupid? Would that make you happier?

Should I pretend that a single person's paycheck is an indicator of how the country as a whole is doing, you know just to not hurt your feelings?

For all the talk we've heard from the big government lovers that the tax cuts were for the rich and didn't help the middle class, how is it that the middle class has all of this money to spend?

Target CEO raves about the US economy: This is the best consumer environment I've ever seen

We are adding personal debt at near record levels. In the time of a booming economy people should be saving, not adding debt.

Instead savings is staying the same and debt is going up.

View attachment 212514

I don't disagree, but that's the American way of life, isn't it? If our elected "leaders" don't take it seriously, why would the public?

It's easy to figure out why Rump is spending like a drunken Democrat. Check out his Commerce Secretary and check out said secretary's affiliations. Then check out how Rump knows him, it will tell you everything you need to know.

Which, of course, has nothing to do with Sears' outdated business model nor the fact that online sales are rapidly increasing compared to brick and mortar.

I've read enough of your comments on here to know that you understand all of this stuff, so I'm not really sure what point you were trying to make.

Not to speak for him, but the point might be to show that pointing to a single store, be it Target or Sears does not really give you the whole picture.

Which, of course, has nothing to do with Sears' outdated business model nor the fact that online sales are rapidly increasing compared to brick and mortar.

I've read enough of your comments on here to know that you understand all of this stuff, so I'm not really sure what point you were trying to make.

It's Amazon more than anything else.

I am partially to blame!

I love me some Amazon!

Buy more and more from them each year.

It's Amazon more than anything else.

I am partially to blame!

I love me some Amazon!

Buy more and more from them each year.

I'm pretty sure my wife is on a first name basis with them.

For all the talk we've heard from the big government lovers that the tax cuts were for the rich and didn't help the middle class, how is it that the middle class has all of this money to spend?

Target CEO raves about the US economy: This is the best consumer environment I've ever seen
Thought the Right was boycotting Target......

I guess that means the Trump economy is good for liberals as well as conservatives....oops.

Thought the Right was boycotting Target......

Interesting you mention that. They aren't exactly a conservative organization, right, and yet here they are praising the economy.

I consider my paycheck an economic indicator. It's 20% higher than last year at this time. Another indicator would be that two years ago, we we're furloughing. Now we can't find the help we need.

Bullshit.

But I am damn happy that you got a raise from Wendy's finally, all that hard work has paid off for you!

What can I say, this broad is filled with stupid people. It is the nature of partisan sheep to be stupid. Anyone that thinks their personal paycheck is an indicator of how the country as a whole is doing, is just stupid. What other word would you like me to use?
You stupid ass. I'm a railroad engineer. We transport goods. The railroad has always been an economic indicator in this country. We are so damn busy right now, we are turning down freight because we don't have the engines or crews to move it.

For those people choosing ideology over prosperity, I urge them to look at theocracies and how well those citizens live.

The lies about the economy not being good, or being caused by a dormant Obama’s economy that he planned to succeed 18 months after he left office are really obvious for anyone who isn’t blinded by ideology.

True, those are lies for those blinded by ideology. Those who are not blinded by ideology know that not a single economic indicator changed course after the election of Trump, things are just continuing the way they were for the last 6 years.

Consumer confidence is an indicator. It was dropping in 2016 and is now at a 17 year high.

Next time avoid saying not a single....

There is not a single economic indicator that was changed by the election of Trump, all kept moving in the same direction.

You mean other than the 4,000,000 new jobs, industries flooding back into the US, repatriated capital and 4.1% growth last quarter? You're not just idiot-wind....you're a fucking hurricane of dumbass.

Bullshit.

You stupid ass. I'm a railroad engineer. We transport goods. The railroad has always been an economic indicator in this country. We are so damn busy right now, we are turning down freight because we don't have the engines or crews to move it.

And let me guess, all that changed in just over night as soon as Trump was elected. Before that you trains were not moving at all.

Unless you have some cold hard facts other than your "because I said so", then no indicator changed course.

Here is some data from the AAR.org, I am sure you know who they are.

Rail Traffic Data - Association of American Railroads

It does not look like there was any great and drastic change that you are claiming..

upload_2018-8-23_17-15-8.png

You mean other than the 4,000,000 new jobs,

Thanks for reminding me that job creation did slow down after the election.

2014: 3005000 net jobs created
2015: 2712000 net jobs created
2616: 2344000 net jobs created
2017: 2188000 net jobs created.

Forum List

Back