Taiwan should be VERY afraid

K9Buck

Platinum Member
Dec 25, 2009
They should not count on the Biden Administration to protect them from China.

Actually, here's why Taiwan should be afraid.

Legally, China would be well within their rights to assert their authority over it.

Taiwan is recognized internationally as a province of China. It's not recognized as an independent country.

So a war between China and Taiwan would be an internal affair.

Here's the more important question. Are you willing to sacrifice someone you care about to protect Taiwan from China?

I'm not.

Not my circus, not my monkeys.

Taiwan has been building up China's economy for decades to make a quick buck. Or Rembibi.. or whatever.

We're not the only country in the world. China would face backlash from many if it started cracking skulls and annexed Taiwan.

• Banned
We're not the only country in the world. China would face backlash from many if it started cracking skulls and annexed Taiwan.

I doubt it. They simply bribe and/or blackmail various government officials into acquiescing.

Legally, China would be well within their rights to assert their authority over it.

Are you paid by the fascists in the CCP to post this bullshit?

No, I am pointing out a legal reality.

If China invaded Taiwan, Taiwan would have no recourse to the UN. They have no legal standing in the international community. There is not an ambassador for Taiwan in the UN. There is not an ambassador for Taiwan in the US. We don't recognize Taiwan as an independent country and neither does anyone else.

Now, looking at Taiwan and Hong Kong from a Chinese point of view, with an understanding of Chinese history, you can understand why they are sensitive to this sort of shit.

From 1839 to 1949, China was dominated by foreign powers that took their lands, demanded special rights within their country, dumped tons of drugs into the place, causing massive problems with addiction. To us, Taiwan and Hong Kong are "Democratic" places, to the Chinese, they are reminders of how imperial powers used to abuse China's sovereignty.

That said, China is unlikely to invade either, for the simple reason that it would disrupt commerce and investment China depends on. But they'll only tolerate so much.

I doubt it. M.T. Tung, the former Chairman of Red China, killed 70 million chinamen during his reign and took no heat.

And how many have been killed by China's Kung Flu pandemic so far?

The entire island of Formosa only has 25 million people or so, I can't see Xiden shedding any tears if they are destroyed.

Actually, here's why Taiwan should be afraid.

Taiwan is recognized internationally as a province of China. It's not recognized as an independent country.

So a war between China and Taiwan would be an internal affair.

Here's the more important question. Are you willing to sacrifice someone you care about to protect Taiwan from China?

I'm not.

Not my circus, not my monkeys.

Taiwan has been building up China's economy for decades to make a quick buck. Or Rembibi.. or whatever.

It figures a gutless twat like you takes the ChiCom side.

Or they could call in the debts that they are owed and disrupt our economy... Boy, putting Bush's wars on the China-Card was a really bad idea, wasn't it?

Did you know China doesn't own that much of our overall debt? Most of it is owed nationally. Also it's not like they could just snap their fingers and melt our economy. That's a silly perspective.

Are you paid by the fascists in the CCP to post this bullshit?

No, I am pointing out a legal reality.

If China invaded Taiwan, Taiwan would have no recourse to the UN. They have no legal standing in the international community. There is not an ambassador for Taiwan in the UN. There is not an ambassador for Taiwan in the US. We don't recognize Taiwan as an independent country and neither does anyone else.

Now, looking at Taiwan and Hong Kong from a Chinese point of view, with an understanding of Chinese history, you can understand why they are sensitive to this sort of shit.

From 1839 to 1949, China was dominated by foreign powers that took their lands, demanded special rights within their country, dumped tons of drugs into the place, causing massive problems with addiction. To us, Taiwan and Hong Kong are "Democratic" places, to the Chinese, they are reminders of how imperial powers used to abuse China's sovereignty.

That said, China is unlikely to invade either, for the simple reason that it would disrupt commerce and investment China depends on. But they'll only tolerate so much.

The whole "one china" policy is a vestige of the cold war. Nothing more.

Given a war between the US and China could result in nuclear war, um, yeah, Taiwan just isn't worth it.

You think life is going to change all that much for 90% of Taiwanese if the Commies took over?

There used to be a joke in Taiwan. "The Japanese got off easy. The US only dropped two atomic bombs on them. They dropped the whole Kuomintang on us."

Given a war between the US and China could result in nuclear war, um, yeah, Taiwan just isn't worth it.

You think life is going to change all that much for 90% of Taiwanese if the Commies took over?

There used to be a joke in Taiwan. "The Japanese got off easy. The US only dropped two atomic bombs on them. They dropped the whole Kuomintang on us."

Well the 10% will be executed, and yes life would change for the 90% because they don't want to be ruled by the ChiComms.

And the whole "no diplomatic relations" thing is nothing but doublethink.

The whole "one china" policy is a vestige of the cold war. Nothing more.

I agree, it is.. But now we are stuck with it.

Taiwan is tolerated as an independent entity because it's a conduit for western/Japanese investment into China. But China won't tolerate an outright violation of it's sovereign rights.

It's also tolerated as an actual representative Republic.

Well the 10% will be executed, and yes life would change for the 90% because they don't want to be ruled by the ChiComms.

And the whole "no diplomatic relations" thing is nothing but doublethink.

Nope. It's a reality. Taiwan won't call itself an independent country because the Chinese would immediately invade.

When was the last time the ChiComms pulled off a successful amphibious invasion?

Forum List

Back