Tagg Romney Wanted to take a Swing at President Obama

It may have been meant in jest or it may have been serious-I listened to the whole thing. BUT, I think it should not have been said regardless.

See here's a thing that irks the begeesus (spelling?) out of me. No one showed any contempt for bush, but since Obama is your guy, you all are demanding respect for him. I think SNL, and the daily show, have made many, much more disrespectful comments about Obama but no one is harping on them like they are Mitts son. Reason being is that they (SNL, John Stewart) tend to lean left, and Tagg obviously supports his father. How do you feel about this point?

I'm not demanding respect for Obama. I wouldn't like if anyone said anything about the POTUS like wanting to hit them no matter who it is. Not only is is disrespectful but it shows a nasty side too. Like someone who wants to resort to violence if something doesn't go there way even if they would never actually do it. To me, this does not show character or good political skills. You need to be able to handle someone calling your dad a liar. Political campaigns are a nasty business. SNL, Daily Show, etc. are comedy shows. They make fun of everyone and can be disrespectful. It is called Satire and free speech. That's why it doesn't bother me. AND, they are not talking violence against the President either.

So your saying that tagg was serious about taking a swing at the president, and the only thing that stopped him from it was him worrying about the secret service reaction, cause he was apparently not making a joke with what he said about the secret service? I am not sure how you can take this statement any other way then a joke.

Hmmmm....Violence, huh? This whole family has foot in mouth disease. Terrible! Where is the secret service on this? The familily of elites who feel entitled to be jerks!

Tagg Romney wanted to take a swing at Obama during the Debate

Bill LuMay, WPTF talk radio: What is it like for you to hear the President of the United States call your dad a liar?

Tagg Romney: Well, you want to jump out of your seat and rush down to the debate stage and take a swing at him.

Yeah so?

If somebody was bad mouthing my Dad I'd probably feel the same way.

Who wouldn't?

Bear in mind I do think Romney is a forking liar, but I cann't fault his son for wanting to defend his honor.

Can you...I mean really?

Yes, I agree. Coming from a brat kid who also said his borthers lied to their dad all the time growing up especially! Ha! Ha! Liar defending liar! He could however, have said he didn't like it differently without macho reference to takeing a swing at Obama. He could simploy have said he didn't like it at all and that it wasn't true that his dad lies.

See here's a thing that irks the begeesus (spelling?) out of me. No one showed any contempt for bush, but since Obama is your guy, you all are demanding respect for him. I think SNL, and the daily show, have made many, much more disrespectful comments about Obama but no one is harping on them like they are Mitts son. Reason being is that they (SNL, John Stewart) tend to lean left, and Tagg obviously supports his father. How do you feel about this point?

I'm not demanding respect for Obama. I wouldn't like if anyone said anything about the POTUS like wanting to hit them no matter who it is. Not only is is disrespectful but it shows a nasty side too. Like someone who wants to resort to violence if something doesn't go there way even if they would never actually do it. To me, this does not show character or good political skills. You need to be able to handle someone calling your dad a liar. Political campaigns are a nasty business. SNL, Daily Show, etc. are comedy shows. They make fun of everyone and can be disrespectful. It is called Satire and free speech. That's why it doesn't bother me. AND, they are not talking violence against the President either.

So your saying that tagg was serious about taking a swing at the president, and the only thing that stopped him from it was him worrying about the secret service reaction, cause he was apparently not making a joke with what he said about the secret service? I am not sure how you can take this statement any other way then a joke.

Maybe if he had added JK and said "of course, I really wouldn't take a swing because that would be wrong or that isn't the way you settle things." BUT he said it was only because the SS was there. Therefore, it wasn't a joke!

Maybe if he had added JK and said "of course, I really wouldn't take a swing because that would be wrong or that isn't the way you settle things." BUT he said it was only because the SS was there. Therefore, it wasn't a joke!

Do you actually believe that? And did you actually listen to the sound bite.

Yes, IMM there is no excuse for stating something physical as what you would like to do or how you felt. That's what's wrong in this country, people (men esp.) wanting to settle disputes with violence and war (and 99% of this attitude around the world comes from men). It's bad news!

Yes, IMM there is no excuse for stating something physical as what you would like to do or how you felt. That's what's wrong in this country, people (men esp.) wanting to settle disputes with violence and war (and 99% of this attitude around the world comes from men). It's bad news!

You are misrepresenting the entire statement.

You are liar, a fraud, or a moron.

Give it a rest and quit spamming the board with your hateful turds.

What? my g/f will be the first to admit that women are way more evil than men. Granted she works with like 80% women, so shes around them more. I just dont get how you jump to the problem is on 99% of the male populations shoulders? And the comment was clearly a joke, if it I was not recognized as a joke I am sure I would have heard it on meet the press. But I didnt, cause it is recognized as a joke... and not a big deal at all.

His dad is a liar. He should accept it.

If his dad is a liar, he should denounce him.

Besides.....................I thought there was a Commandment stating "thou shalt not bear false witness".

If you see a lie, you shouldn't support it.

well if that's the case none of you should support Obama or this administration.
Now vote Obama out because of this;)

Yet................you have people who you've elected singing the praises of a person's mendacity.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsXM6FSpb9U]Rep. Steve King Accuses GOP Leaders of Mendacity - YouTube[/ame]

But.............question is, do you know what mendacity means?

men·dac·i·ty
   [men-das-i-tee] Show IPA

noun, plural men·dac·i·ties for 2.
1. the quality of being mendacious; untruthfulness; tendency to lie.

2. an instance of lying; falsehood.

Mendacity | Define Mendacity at Dictionary.com

I guess mendacity is all right if you're a member of the GOP, right?

Forum List

Back