Swiss Colony, Old Wisconsin or Hickory Farms?

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
I went browsing and wound up spending too much at Swiss Colony. I have some summer sausage from Hickory Farms, but I wanted the cheese spreads so I went to SwissC. I cannot wait for those to arrive!!!

1638667302844.png

I was thinking about doing a thread like this today!!!

Hillshire Farms makes the more "plastic" type cheeses, and their meat logs are inedible.
On the flipside............their little smokies are the BOMB!!!

I've only had Old Wisconsin once in my life. Apparently I didn't care for it, as I don't remember what any of it tasted like.

Swiss Colony would be my "favorite" I guess. Their cheeses actually taste like cheese. LOVE their Swiss Cheese with their hot mustard.
Their meat logs are kind "lardy" to me, but if you nuke them for a few seconds on paper towels, you get rid of most of the grease.

I LOVES me some cheese n crackers!!!

21mag-eat-site-superJumbo-v4.jpg

I went browsing and wound up spending too much at Swiss Colony. I have some summer sausage from Hickory Farms, but I wanted the cheese spreads so I went to SwissC. I cannot wait for those to arrive!!!

View attachment 571906
If I could only have 3.........................French Onion..........Ranch....... Mellow Cheddar

3 I would pass on............................Mild Jalapeno..........Garlic.....Gardren Veggie

View attachment 571906
The ones I would "regift" to someone else out of this box.........
Port Wines and Jalapenos.

I'd eat the garlic and the bacon ones first!!

None of the above.
We go to small town meat processors as in deer meat and other exotics.
They also make their own cheeses and what not. This is one of our favorites,it's about an hour and a half from the house.
Bellville Meat Market – Meat is our middle name

WHY is the good shit in Texas ALWAYS near Houston, the fucking CANCER of Texas????

Do you know if there are any of these kinds of markets around N. Dallas/Plano?

WHY is the good shit in Texas ALWAYS near Houston, the fucking CANCER of Texas????

Do you know if there are any of these kinds of markets around N. Dallas/Plano?

Oh yeah,I most certainly know of places like this in and around dullass.
And I can tell you how to find them.
But since you trashed my home town you're gonna have to figure it out on your own.

Yoder meats. Mennonites locally making and processing meats, cheeses, baked goods ,and so on.

Yep.
You cant beat smalltown meat markets. They make all their own stuff from scratch.
Theres a meat market/ processor in Junction Texas where we had our weekend places.
It has the absolute best link and summer sausage that I've ever eaten in my life. We had friends shoveling money in our hands and begging us to bring it home for them.
Unfortunately it's 300 miles away and such a boonies place they dont do online business they dont even have a website.
If you roll through the main thoroughfare you cant miss it...it being the only road through town.
They have a 15 foot tall Christmas tree out front made from multiple types of antlers.

So what's everybody got against the mild jalapeno?????? Never had pepper jack before??? It's not bad.

I'd take the jalapeno, smoked bacon and maybe the swiss bacon.

port wine??? who likes that stuff anyway?? The cheese, not the actual wine. :dunno:

Yep.
You cant beat smalltown meat markets. They make all their own stuff from scratch.
Theres a meat market/ processor in Junction Texas where we had our weekend places.
It has the absolute best link and summer sausage that I've ever eaten in my life. We had friends shoveling money in our hands and begging us to bring it home for them.
Unfortunately it's 300 miles away and such a boonies place they dont do online business they dont even have a website.
If you roll through the main thoroughfare you cant miss it...it being the only road through town.
They have a 15 foot tall Christmas tree out front made from multiple types of antlers.

Ah...found a pic of the antler tree.
1638680177099.png

Forum List

Back