Zone1 Swiss and Swedish

A big problem with both sharing the first two letters ( S and W ) .

We advise beginners like you to write the names out 100 times speaking the names and spelling them each time , letter by letter.

In your case try a larger number .

are often mixed up … so Sweden complains

can you understand..?
I won a world geography contest in high school.

So I have never had any trouble knowing the difference.

I used to (no more) admire the Swedes so much.

I still admire the Swiss, but I hope that they enforce strict immigration controls. Otherwise, Switzerland will no longer be Switzerland, the beautiful and peaceful and neutral nation of Europe.

I won a world geography contest in high school.

So I have never had any trouble knowing the difference.

I used to (no more) admire the Swedes so much.

I still admire the Swiss, but I hope that they enforce strict immigration controls. Otherwise, Switzerland will no longer be Switzerland, the beautiful and peaceful and neutral nation of Europe.
I love Switzerland and the Suisse. I went to school there.

you know that the Swiss have 4 languages

and that their german is very special?

same as Austria and Australia
Well there's an old rumor going around that there is a counter at the Salzburg airport to deal with travelers who wind up in Austria rather than Australia where they intended to go. It isn't true but it illustrates the problem.

I don't know about Europeans and Asians, but I'm pretty sure though there are a lot of Americans so clueless about geography they might not be able to locate their own home town on a U.S. map.

is there also a counter in australia for people who wanted to go to Austria?

It is just like Alabama and Albania. I imagine there is a counter at the Birmingham airport for confused travelers who thought they were flying to Eastern Europe.

Deutsprach of many in Germanei auch sein viel special.

Funny ... I was told the High German I was been taught wasn't a language that was spoken ... it's strictly for government documents ... the ideal was for High German to be comprehensible to all Germans no matter the dialect they speak ...

If we speak this in Germany, we'll be pegging ourselves as Americans ... as if our rude attitudes and demeaning hand gestures aren't enough ... "Gibt mir sechs an zu fücken" ... hahahahahaha ...

Funny ... I was told the High German I was been taught wasn't a language that was spoken ... it's strictly for government documents ... the ideal was for High German to be comprehensible to all Germans no matter the dialect they speak ...

If we speak this in Germany, we'll be pegging ourselves as Americans ... as if our rude attitudes and demeaning hand gestures aren't enough ... "Gibt mir sechs an zu fücken" ... hahahahahaha ...
That might apply for some regions but think it is an exception. I was rather referring to the inability of many to express themselves and to articulate clear. And half of the populace is dyslexic here. I can see the difference to boards like USMB where the Americans write in proper English (unless they don´t want to). In German forums, the posts are often not properly written. I looks like a monkey wrote them. A monkey who just had his first German lesson.

well, High yGerman is actually spoken.

That might apply for some regions but think it is an exception. I was rather referring to the inability of many to express themselves and to articulate clear. And half of the populace is dyslexic here. I can see the difference to boards like USMB where the Americans write in proper English (unless they don´t want to). In German forums, the posts are often not properly written. I looks like a monkey wrote them. A monkey who just had his first German lesson.

We live in a gender fluid age ... den gets dem dam der and then die ... Englishing just uses "the" for all genders ...

Have you then mispelting and ungrammerage to swing around? ... my BMW had a "fart" position on the ignition switch ... no excuse for that ... [giggle] ... language is a verb, it's a thing done to words ...

Forum List

Back