Surprise dinner for my buddy

So my buddy has been down for over a month because of some problem woth his colon. Some sort of pockets in it? I forget what he called it.
Anyways, im doing a surprise get together Friday night. Invited a few of his friends and I'm cooking and bringing a shit load of bourbon.
My menu is grilled tenderloin with a honey siracha lime sauce, stuffed sweet peppers with cream cheese and bacon and a bourbon mac n cheese. And perhaps some boudain just because its awesome.
Sound like a good menu?

A good menu yes BUT TN there is no ice cream and that is not a good situation :omg:
The bourbon shots will take care of that :D

So my buddy has been down for over a month because of some problem woth his colon. Some sort of pockets in it? I forget what he called it.
Anyways, im doing a surprise get together Friday night. Invited a few of his friends and I'm cooking and bringing a shit load of bourbon.
My menu is grilled tenderloin with a honey siracha lime sauce, stuffed sweet peppers with cream cheese and bacon and a bourbon mac n cheese. And perhaps some boudain just because its awesome.
Sound like a good menu?

A good menu yes BUT TN there is no ice cream and that is not a good situation :omg:
Okay, what kind of bourbon? If you're doing the cheap shit, I'm going to call your buddy and tell him he needs to be elsewhere. lol

Don't skimp bitch.

Dammit!!!
Now ya got me wanting some Boudin!!!!

Pisses me off!!!
We had just bought a LEM grinder.

View attachment 363824

A LEM 20 lb Mixer...
View attachment 363819
And a LEM 20 lb stuffer.....
View attachment 363823

Was ready to start making some Boudin and sausage when the hip fucked up!!!
I really want a good meat grinder. I have plans to take burgers and jerky to a new level. Think that will be on my christmas wish list
The butcher will grind select cuts it for you....

Sound like a good menu?

Okay, what kind of bourbon? If you're doing the cheap shit, I'm going to call your buddy and tell him he needs to be elsewhere. lol

Don't skimp bitch.
Knob creek. But I'm trying a new liquor store so if they happen to have bird dog 10 year, im getting that. He loves bird dog

Dammit!!!

Pisses me off!!!

View attachment 363824

A LEM 20 lb Mixer...
View attachment 363819
View attachment 363823

I really want a good meat grinder. I have plans to take burgers and jerky to a new level. Think that will be on my christmas wish list
i have thought about that but I have so many variations I plan to try, I just want a grinder for myself

Sound like a good menu?

Don't skimp bitch.
Knob creek. But I'm trying a new liquor store so if they happen to have bird dog 10 year, im getting that. He loves bird dog
Giving your buddy a little Knob goes a long way!!

LOL

Sorry, I just couldn't stop My fingers from typing that! Good choices.

Sound like a good menu?

Don't skimp bitch.

LOL

Lol well played
Thanks!

Dammit!!!

Pisses me off!!!

View attachment 363824

A LEM 20 lb Mixer...
View attachment 363819
View attachment 363823

I at least got to use the grinder to make some breakfast sausage, italian sausage for pasta and some nice hamburger mix before the hip said F you.
Looking forward to making some Slim Jim sized dried beef sticks when I can.
Really want to try my hand at Charcuterie for the first time as well.
You can do so much with a grinder and stuffer.
The mixer is more of a luxury.

Dammit!!!

Pisses me off!!!

View attachment 363824

A LEM 20 lb Mixer...
View attachment 363819
View attachment 363823

Way more fun to do it yourself.
You can buy a lot of base meats and make all kinds of different sausages,beef sticks and the like.
And on the plus side it doesnt hurt to freeze the meat since we're not talking about an Aged Ribeye or some other high end cut.
Oh....and the butcher will give you fat for free when you want to start with a leaner cut.
Hell,you can turn a round steak roast into something worth eating.

Dammit!!!

Pisses me off!!!

View attachment 363824

A LEM 20 lb Mixer...
View attachment 363819
View attachment 363823

I at least got to use the grinder to make some breakfast sausage, italian sausage for pasta and some nice hamburger mix before the hip said F you.
Okay, I didn't know what a Charcuterie was so I went and looked it up.

Yeah, I'm hungry again.

I have got to try this.

Dammit!!!

Pisses me off!!!

View attachment 363824

A LEM 20 lb Mixer...
View attachment 363819
View attachment 363823

Way more fun to do it yourself.
You can buy a lot of base meats and make all kinds of different sausages,beef sticks and the like.
And on the plus side it doesnt hurt to freeze the meat since we're not talking about an Aged Ribeye or some other high end cut.
Oh....and the butcher will give you fat for free when you want to start with a leaner cut.
Hell,you can turn a round steak roast into something worth eating.
It would be fun to experiment...

Dammit!!!

Pisses me off!!!

View attachment 363824

A LEM 20 lb Mixer...
View attachment 363819
View attachment 363823

Yeah, I'm hungry again.

I have got to try this.
I'm in....

Dammit!!!

Pisses me off!!!

View attachment 363824

A LEM 20 lb Mixer...
View attachment 363819
View attachment 363823

Yeah, I'm hungry again.

I have got to try this.
I'm in....
Right!

Looks fantastic.

Sound like a good menu?

Don't skimp bitch.

LOL

Ya cant go wrong with some Knob Creek.
Especially when you get into the 2001 Limited edition.

The Wife bought me a bottle of Woodford Reserve for my birthday.
Holy Shit! My eyes damn near popped out of my head at 123.4 percent!!!
Needless to say I still have some left after a couple of years.
Talk about a sipping whisky!!!

Sound like a good menu?

Don't skimp bitch.

LOL

Hey nigga, bourbon smoked wood chips or just grill for the tenderloin?

Sound like a good menu?

Don't skimp bitch.

LOL

Hey nigga, bourbon smoked wood chips or just grill for the tenderloin?
Dude, you soak the tenderloin in bourbon AND The wood chips. I mean...really.....gaaaahhhh...

Forum List

Back