Surgeries

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
Have you ever had surgery?
If so, what kind?

If many, what was the most invasive/difficult surgery you had?

Any advice to give people about any surgeries you have had?

If so, what kind?

I've never had surgery, so I can't help. I have had two children, this was eventful enough.

If so, what kind?

I've never had surgery, so I can't help. I have had two children, this was eventful enough.

I had 2 children also, and, they are also my one 2 surgeries.

C-Sections.

I have no advice however. I healed quickly and recovery was fine.

Only advice is dont have them unless actually necessary.

People end up dead more often than you'd think due to complications. I lost a friend over the holidays who went in for an elective minor process on a knee. Sucks, as I know a lot of folks in orthopedic surgery and, had he mentioned it to me, I could've pointed him to the best people in Chicago. Might not have changed anything, but then again...

All surgeons are not created equal. Same goes for hospitals. Do your homework before letting anyone near you with a scalpel, if there is time to do so.

When my sister was looking to have fertility work done we dug until we found the most highly rated people for that process.

Point is, this is serious stuff, always make sure you have the most qualified, experienced people/staff you can find for whatever it is, not just who your GP may recommend..

If so, what kind?

I had 2 children also, and, they are also my one 2 surgeries.

C-Sections.

I have no advice however. I healed quickly and recovery was fine.

I never had C-Sections. Kid A, Mr. Lucy delivered in car en route to hospital, he had to pull to side of road at 4am, and well Kid A he just arrived. Kid B we did make it to the hospital for her lol.

I'm terrified of having my eyes worked on. Don't know why.
I hope I never get cataracts or anything like that. Not sure I could go through with it.

I shattered my wrist in an ATC accident and they had to drill through the bones and stick two pins in there.

The anesthetic wore off before I got to the pharmacy to get my vicodin. That was more painful than when I first broke it.

I did have another surgery. I had impacted molars removed. Before I got braces they had to cut into my gums and remove them in case they came out because then they would mess up my teeth.

I got sick as a dog after having the anesthesia, but never did with my C-sections.

I hope I never get cataracts or anything like that. Not sure I could go through with it.

I had retina surgery and cataract surgery on the same eye

Sounds like medieval torture as they strap you to a table and cut into your eye. I was awake the whole time and could talk to the surgeon

In reality, you have no feeling in your eye and you really can't tell what is happening

ACL reconstruction and something with my meniscus and ligaments.
I also had to have a cyst removed once. But that wasn't a big deal.

My favorite doctor in the world, an eye doctor, decided pulling a small piece of fiberglass out of my eye with tweezers and a couple eye drops was "surgery". Charged the shit out of my and my insurance. Never went back.

If so, what kind?

Yes,

Penis reduction. Reduced it by 50% for both my and the ladies comfort

-Geaux

My favorite doctor in the world, an eye doctor, decided pulling a small piece of fiberglass out of my eye with tweezers and a couple eye drops was "surgery". Charged the shit out of my and my insurance. Never went back.

good lord!

I had retina surgery and cataract surgery on the same eye

Sounds like medieval torture as they strap you to a table and cut into your eye. I was awake the whole time and could talk to the surgeon

In reality, you have no feeling in your eye and you really can't tell what is happening

makes me shudder to think of it.
freaks me out thinking of anyone cutting into my eye

If so, what kind?

I ripped my pectoral major tendon from the bone last year

It was a 5 hour surgery to repair it

It wasn't any big deal and the pain drugs were great

ACL reconstruction and something with my meniscus and ligaments.
I also had to have a cyst removed once. But that wasn't a big deal.
Funny story : The cyst was on my tailbone. After I got cut open, a few co-workers were calling me "flowmaster" for my "dual exhaust" LMAO

Lets see now...
Broken foot,broken arm,appendix,hip replacement,cancer and shattered most of my rear molars.
Of all of those the teeth were the worst because of the constant visits to the oral surgeon to complete the process.
Oh...as far as advice goes.
Dont hit the painkiller button unless you really need it.
You only think you've been constipated before,and they wont let you leave until you've gone to the bathroom.

Forum List

Back