Sure Glad We Got All Of Those HumVEEs Up-armored So The Iranians Could Be Protected From Israel

It seems the best time to take all that equipment out of the country is when you were going from 14,000 troops to 2500. When you are down to 2500 there is no way for them to get it all out.
2500 is alot of people on one airbase. Too bad they left in such a hurry.
Never mind the fact that they could have gotten all of that equipment out when those 14,000 redeployed back to the states. They first deployed to Afghanistan with all of that equipment and kept it there so the rotating units could check them out. Most of what they found was on Bagram airbase which they left in the dead of night.
I don't think we're ever going to find out exactly what they left behind.....but those HumVEEs look to be in pretty good shape with brand new tires.

You don't think that Iran can get ahold of replacement parts for HumVEEs? A month ago you probably thought they couldn't get any HumVEEs either.
And just because they're being phased out doesn't mean they aren't serviceable.
Never mind all of nightvision goggles they left behind...the drones....the choppers...the weapons that will last for 50-100-200 years.
All of that stuff will be coming at our kids downrange eventually.
You saw what they used over there and what condition they kept them in. Those hummers won't be worth a crap in a year, and they will be back to light duty 4 wheel drive pickups with a machine gun mount in the back. Who you zoomin, man?

These people are unaware that once the US ships weapons and equipment to a war zone it is not shipped back because of cost.
They also disabled what was left that didn't belong to the Afghan government.

..which pissed off the Taliban:lol:

2500 is alot of people on one airbase.

They were not all on one airbase and the equipment was all over the country.

Too bad they left in such a hurry.

I agree.

Never mind the fact that they could have gotten all of that equipment out when those 14,000 redeployed back to the states. They first deployed to Afghanistan with all of that equipment and kept it there so the rotating units could check them out.

But when the 14,000 redeployed back to the states they knew nobody was coming to replace them.

Look, Biden fucked up the withdraw, that is for sure. But this one part of it does not fall on him, or at least not him alone in my opinion.

I agree.

But when the 14,000 redeployed back to the states they knew nobody was coming to replace them.

Look, Biden fucked up the withdraw, that is for sure. But this one part of it does not fall on him, or at least not him alone in my opinion.
It's so odd for that poster to not know how this works when he claims to have served.....even in special forces. Very odd.

It seems the best time to take all that equipment out of the country is when you were going from 14,000 troops to 2500. When you are down to 2500 there is no way for them to get it all out
knowing that maybe Joe chose poorly in skedaddling.....I dont care who you blame...its still a fuckup

You saw what they used over there and what condition they kept them in. Those hummers won't be worth a crap in a year, and they will be back to light duty 4 wheel drive pickups with a machine gun mount in the back. Who you zoomin, man?
Have you ever worked on a HumVEE?
I have.
You act like these fuckers are all back in the stone age.
I've been trained by Iranians. They aren't a bunch of rag-wearing farmers.
Quit trying to paint a silver lining on a pile of shit.

I agree.

If you know nobody is coming to replace you...you get all of the gear out of country when you leave. And yes it was spread all over the country and it was up to Biden to centralize all of it before he started gutting the forces down to zero.
And we shouldn't be handing over Up-armored HumVEEs to Afghan locals...because they were shooting our guys in the back. They could afford to buy their own shit.

If you know nobody is coming to replace you...you get all of the gear out of country when you leave.

And that did not happen when the 14,000 left, and they knew they were not being replaced because the replacement always shows up before you leave. That is my whole point, was was it left there?

And we shouldn't be handing over Up-armored HumVEEs to Afghan locals...because they were shooting our guys in the back. They could afford to buy their own shit.

yet we did it for most of the 20 years we were there under 3 presidents.

We were mostly out of there shortly after the Iraq War began.....but Obama surged everyone back in.

do not get me started on the fuck up that invading Iraq was....talk about taking your eye off the ball

Forum List

Back