Supreme Court won't block release of Trump documents to Jan 6 committee

The Newt has spoken:

Representative Liz Cheney, a Wyoming Republican, responded with a warning after prominent Republican Newt Gingrich suggested that members of the House select committee investigating the January 6, 2021 attack against the U.S. Capitol could face jail time if the GOP returns to power.

Gingrich, who served as House Speaker from 1995 to 1999, made the remarks during an interview with Fox News on Sunday morning. He predicted what will happened to the January 6 committee if Republicans take control of Congress. "The wolves are gonna find out that they're now sheep, and they're the ones who—in fact, I think—face a real risk of jail for the kind of laws they're breaking," Gingrich said.

Liz Cheney issues warning after Newt Gingrich says 1/6 committee members may face jail

The Supreme Court on Wednesday rejected former President Donald Trump's effort to stop the National Archives from giving the House Jan. 6 committee hundreds of pages of documents from his time in the White House.

The court declined to take up his appeal of two lower court rulings that said the documents must be turned over. Only Justice Clarence Thomas said the court should have granted Trump’s motion to block the handover of the documents.

The Supreme Court’s action ends the legal battle that began in October, when Trump filed a lawsuit seeking to block the National Archives from revealing documents that he argued should be shielded by executive privilege.

Supreme Court won't block release of Trump documents to Jan 6 committee

Great news! What do you think?

Also, here is the link to what the Jan 6 Committee has requested:

I think the January 6 committee is out for blood.

Newt Gingrich?

You can’t be serious

Gingrich, who served as House Speaker from 1995 to 1999, made the remarks during an interview with Fox News on Sunday morning. He predicted what will happened to the January 6 committee if Republicans take control of Congress. "The wolves are gonna find out that they're now sheep, and they're the ones who—in fact, I think—face a real risk of jail for the kind of laws they're breaking," Gingrich said.

"...face a real risk of jail for the kind of laws they're breaking,"..."

I honestly don't quite understand the details of that assertion.

"the kinds of laws"???
Ummm, what does that mean?

Are there any cited and specific laws that Gingrich alleged were broken?
If there are or were.....well, what are they?
And how does he know?
And has he done anything about it? Filed a complaint?

I honestly don't quite understand the details of that assertion.

"the kinds of laws"???
Ummm, what does that mean?

Are there any cited and specific laws that Gingrich alleged were broken?
If there are or were.....well, what are they?
And how does he know?
And has he done anything about it? Filed a complaint?
You voted for Trump....we can fix that forever.

"I think it's clear that these are people who are literally just running over the law, pursuing innocent people, causing them to spend thousands and thousands of dollars in legal fees for no justification and it's basically a lynch mob and unfortunately the attorney general of the United States has joined the lynch mob and is totally misusing the FBI," Gingrich said.

Forum List

Back