Supreme Court rules 8th Amendment applies to states

We must keep everything fair. Congratulations all you women. Equality is finally coming your way.

You say that with a tone of resentment. I'm sure the women service members are happy. Not so sure about the elephant side of the house and their little girls.

I happy for women, big step up. They can now be drafted, what is down side?

What is there to resent?

As a mater of fact we no longer have a active draft system in the US, however we do have a registration system in case of a national emergency.
So I guess along with abortion, racism, income inequality,... etc etc.... we now must divert attention away from the facts, our national security is at risk, external as well internal.

Funny how people failed to read – or comprehend – articles they link to:

“Judge Miller’s ruling was declaratory, and it did not specify any action that the government must take to comply.”
STFUdonnyjpg.jpg

I'm against women being drafted, and how did it get to be that judges call attention to themselves for legislating into law their feelings from the bench, and that a wise American majority would reject hands down.

I think there needs to be a pants-down spanking for this idiot judge.

All-male military draft ruled unconstitutional by federal judge in Texas

The all-male military draft is unconstitutional, a federal judge in Texas ruled Friday.

"U.S. District Judge Gray Miller of the Southern District of Texas wrote the “time has passed” on debate for women in the military, regardless of whether the matter of women serving in combat “may have justified past discrimination"

In 2015, the Pentagon announced all combat roles would be open to women. The U.S. hasn’t had a military draft since 1973, during the Vietnam War era."

Congratulations!

:clap:

upload_2019-2-25_0-9-34.jpeg

With equal rights comes equal responsibilities.

I attempted to explain this to a young "progressive" female equal rights advocate when I attended college and she didn't understand that concept during class.

After 9/11 and war was declared she approached me and told me she hoped I was recalled to service. I informed her at that time that I had already served "King and Country" for twenty years and it would take an act of Congress to recall me. However I also told her at that time that before that happened I would be petitioning for her young butt, and other females, to have to serve prior to my recall all in the name of "equal opportunity". Her response at that time was "But I'm a WOMAN!!!". My response was to her was "With equal rights comes equal responsibility."....... Needless to say she never wanted to discuss equal rights with me again.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Everyone should be drafted into required government service, even many handicapped citizens, with the caveat being non-military and part-time services stay including living home or school services and jobs being included as options instead of military service. Basically, organized structured minimum pay and volunteer type services that teach and train young people to discipline, training and contribute to the national welfare.

The days of the evil patriarchy are coming to a close as we make the law equal for both genders.

"Judge Gray H. Miller of Federal District Court in the Southern District of Texas took note of the Supreme Court’s 1981 ruling that the exclusion of women from the draft was “fully justified” because women then were not allowed to serve in combat. But the Pentagon abolished those restrictions in 2015, opening the way for women to serve in any military role for which they could qualify.

“While historical restrictions on women in the military may have justified past discrimination, men and women are now ‘similarly situated for purposes of a draft or registration for a draft,’” Judge Miller wrote in his ruling. “If there ever was a time to discuss ‘the place of women in the Armed Services,’ that time has passed.”

Drafting Only Men for the Military Is Unconstitutional, Judge Rules

The feminists will love the equal opportunities.

Oh. So the last person to be drafted was what? Late 60’s early 70’s?

The days of the evil patriarchy are coming to a close as we make the law equal for both genders.

"Judge Gray H. Miller of Federal District Court in the Southern District of Texas took note of the Supreme Court’s 1981 ruling that the exclusion of women from the draft was “fully justified” because women then were not allowed to serve in combat. But the Pentagon abolished those restrictions in 2015, opening the way for women to serve in any military role for which they could qualify.

“While historical restrictions on women in the military may have justified past discrimination, men and women are now ‘similarly situated for purposes of a draft or registration for a draft,’” Judge Miller wrote in his ruling. “If there ever was a time to discuss ‘the place of women in the Armed Services,’ that time has passed.”

We have not had a draft for 35 years. Pretty sure nobody is worried about getting drafted. Nobody that is draft age was alive when we had a draft.

As it should be. There's no reason for women to be excluded from the draft. We have just as much at stake, and we have just as much to contribute.

Well there is the reason that women can't fight and cause more trouble than it's worth.

Talk to Israel about women in the military....they would all kick your sorry little ass.

Excellent. Glad to hear it. I’m completely and totally against women in the military, but IF these women do truly want equality in the Armed Forces, then their sisters, daughters, cousins, etc... need to be draft eligible as well; just like their male counterparts.

We have not had a draft for 35 years. Pretty sure nobody is worried about getting drafted. Nobody that is draft age was alive when we had a draft.

Times can change quicker than you realize.

Well at least the feminists will be getting pregnant the second the draft hits the fan. So perhaps because of this, even the feminists will be fulfilling their roles.

Times can change quicker than you realize.

Well at least the feminists will be getting pregnant the second the draft hits the fan. So perhaps because of this, even the feminists will be fulfilling their roles.

You are a moron. I served along side many a female Marine, all of them would have kicked your ass and still had time for breakfast.

I truly hate you bigoted morons. If it is not Mexicans it is Muslims, if it is not Muslims it is women.

What a shitty way to live your life.

What a shitty way to live your life.

Life is not about fun or happiness or pleasure. It’s about Right and Wrong. You can choose joy and pleasure in this life by ignoring Right and Wrong or in the next life by embracing them. The choice is yours alone.

You are a moron. Doing right should bring joy and pleasure, if they are truly right.

Have you ever read the bible? Just wondering?

You are a moron. Doing right should bring joy and pleasure, if they are truly right.

Doing what is Right is liable to end up getting you locked in a prison cell these days while doing Wrong is lauded and commended.

I wasted the first 27 years of my life on the teachings from that worthless book. Now I piss on every copy of it that I accidentally come across.

It has nothing to do with equality. It's about expendability. Mayhap greater attention will be spent on foreign policy now and ways to avoid war. Maybe not.

Doing what is Right is liable to end up getting you locked in a prison cell these days while doing Wrong is lauded and commended.

I wasted the first 27 years of my life on the teachings from that worthless book. Now I piss on every copy of it that I accidentally come across.

So, what "afterlife" do you think is awaiting you? And what do you base the view that one must be unhappy in this life to be happy in the next?

Are you planning on ending up in Valhalla?

Do you think that reincarnation is the ticket and the better you are in this life the better your next one will be?

So, what "afterlife" do you think is awaiting you? And what do you base the view that one must be unhappy in this life to be happy in the next?

I believe this life is nothing more than a rest for the Soul, to determine if it will live the proper life instead of the easy life. At the end the Soul is judged to have passed and allowed to move on to a better place, condemned as irredeemable and sentenced to an eternity of torture, or if only marginally failed, offered another opportunity to get it right.

As it should be. There's no reason for women to be excluded from the draft. We have just as much at stake, and we have just as much to contribute.

Well there is the reason that women can't fight and cause more trouble than it's worth.

Talk to Israel about women in the military....they would all kick your sorry little ass.
Israeli women are stationed in stand alone bases. And some are tough. You belittle men who died and have died for your sorry llittle azz.

Forum List

Back