Supreme Court Emergency Decision To End All Firearm Permits Nationwide Gets Put Into Motion

As a matter of fact, the Israeli wall has armed guard towers.

So...yeah.

]
1400x934.jpg
Good. Very wise.

You seem to not understand the issues.

Try reading the papers initially filed for Sotomayor.

The issue is the burden put on the applicant for a rifle permit to establish (to the satisfaction of some state bureaucrat) that the applicant (a U.S. citizen) has “good moral character.” (Whatever that might mean to the bureaucrat.)

Now, this present SCOTUS denial of the relief sought doesn’t terminate the appeal. It does allow a stay to remain in effect pending the appeal.

How the SCOTUS ultimately rules? That’s undetermined.
The state would decline all Trump supporters

I think Florida has the best reciprocity of all of the permits. At one point I held 4 different licenses - WA, NV, FL & PA and as a result I was covered in about 31 or 32 states.
Too bad you did not make it your mission
In life to get ( Hawaii ) ( New York ) ( New Jersey ) ( California ) Permits you would have had 42 States covered

I think it is to allow anyone to carry without a permit. Bad idea I think.
So guys with long rap sheets of violent crimes, can carry, no questions asked ?

I thought the permit I have in my wallet, was to separate me (78 years never arrested) from those kind of guys.
I think everyone should have the right to carry, but using a weapon of any sort in a crime should carry very heavy penalties that can’t be plea bargained away.

I don’t think the cops are arresting people caught legally carrying concealed in Florida without a license. There are some requirements.

[snipped]
Thank you for posting those requirements, it never occurred to me that there were still conditions for carrying a concealed weapon, licensed or not. This is reassuring as long as people understand that some people will carry whether they meet the requirements or not.

As far as my concerns about being arrested for carrying unlawfully, this was in California, my home state which is a may issue state and unless you're a member of Congress (the late Dianne Feinstein), a State Legislator (can't recall his name or find him via Google but I believe his last name starts with a 'P'), a celebrity (Sean Penn readily comes to mind) or have a buddy on staff at one of the Sheriff's offices, they "won't" issue. I had two different agencies deny my application but that didn't keep them from coming out to where I was living and asking some of the neighbors about me, people whom I had never met and who knew next to nothing about me.

So then the dilemma comes down to which risk do you take? Do you risk your life by going defenseless and not securing the means by which you at least have a fighting chance to protect yourself. Or do you risk your freedom, and future opportunities to obtain any measure of success in life by allowing yourself to be saddled with a criminal record, involving a firearm which would in the eyes of most squarely place me in the category of "thug", "gangster", "hoodlum", etc.

I had to leave the state in order to obtain a permit and I was issued my first one 2 days after the attacks on 9-11. And ever since acquiring my first carry sidearm, I've been harassed by our government during every single flight I have ever taken in the years since. They only ceased about 6 years ago and only after I stopped traveling with my firearm because I was going to my sister's new home and simply didn't want "them" following me to her house or using any of their tricks they employ to mess with her and or her family.

While the 4th amendment prohibits the government from unreasonable searches & seizures, apparently the only remedy available under the 4th is the exclusion of any evidence unlawfully (unconstitutionally) obtained. In other words, using the fact that I was in possession of a "weapon", "dangerous weapon", "lethal firearm" is always the pretext they could use, but since there was no contraband or anything in my possession that was unlawful, there was never a tribunal of any sorts to exclude anything as evidence from because there were never any charges, no hearings or any other formal accusations, just constant harassment and at times ruining some of my clothing and other personal belonging in my luggage.

That's why I said that with a permit, at least they can't arrest me for merely being armed.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back