Support basic competancy test for firearms ownership?

OK let's do a trade off with a guarantee that it will never be amended
You can only vote if you have a valid Government issued ID, and that you must take a college course on the Constitution and pass a competency test, and pay taxes. Is it a deal?
no takers?
The second amendment already says "shal not be infringed", so besicaly your side needs to repeal all gun control of every kind and my side needs do nothing at all.

You can only vote if you have a valid Government issued ID, and that you must take a college course on the Constitution and pass a competency test, and pay taxes. Is it a deal?
no takers?
The second amendment already says "shal not be infringed", so besicaly your side needs to repeal all gun control of every kind and my side needs do nothing at all.
My side needs to repeal all gun laws? What side do you think I am on? maybe you should go back to my first post and see what post I am replying to

no takers?
My side needs to repeal all gun laws? What side do you think I am on? maybe you should go back to my first post and see what post I am replying to
The side that makes deals is the side of anti-gun. You proposed a deal, that makes you anti-gun, you're helping incromentalism.

Can buy all the cars you like if you have the money. But you can't actually drive any of them without a license. So why not somethin gsimilar for firearms ownership? Wanna own a weapon fine, but you have to demonstrate basic competancy first. Safe handling, disassembly and cleaning, basic marksmenship.
Should we give voters a test?

No voter ID no stupid gun laws. Why should anyone be forced to prove they are worthy of a constitutional right.

no takers?
The side that makes deals is the side of anti-gun. You proposed a deal, that makes you anti-gun, you're helping incromentalism.
I was making a deal that no anti gunner would take or ever will take
Me anti gun? if that's true you are a bigger moron than any anti gunner in America.

Can buy all the cars you like if you have the money. But you can't actually drive any of them without a license. So why not somethin gsimilar for firearms ownership? Wanna own a weapon fine, but you have to demonstrate basic competancy first. Safe handling, disassembly and cleaning, basic marksmenship.

fail

you can drive a car on private property without a license

I would like a competency test before people vote

or post crap on message boards

But Gallantwarrior is correct

I'd love for my CCW to be

1) recognized in all of the USA and canada

2) be able to guns that are more powerful or have a higher rate of speed than any cop car

3) be able to buy guns all over the USA-

Since the right to own a firearm is guaranteed by the US Constitution, putting requirements like this on it is problematic.

However, making such requirements for a carry permits seems like a great idea. They have something similar for many states in order to get a hunting license.

All carry permit holders I know, in several states had to take a course, pass it, pay a fee, and, renew it annually or bi-annually.

What I want is requirement that a)voters pass a rudimentary test on US history and government, and b) show they have skin in the game by proving they pay taxes(net payers, not sales taxes on food stamp purchases_.

I'll trade literacy and property requirements for a gun safety test any day.

no takers?

no pro gunner is proposing a deal

only how ===========

fail

2) be able to guns that are more powerful or have a higher rate of speed than any cop car

Since the right to own a firearm is guaranteed by the US Constitution, putting requirements like this on it is problematic.

However, making such requirements for a carry permits seems like a great idea. They have something similar for many states in order to get a hunting license.

All carry permit holders I know, in several states had to take a course, pass it, pay a fee, and, renew it annually or bi-annually.

What I want is requirement that a)voters pass a rudimentary test on US history and government, and b) show they have skin in the game by proving they pay taxes(net payers, not sales taxes on food stamp purchases_.

only for concealed carry

no testing or licensing on mere ownership of firearms

no takers?
Why a college course.

Just give them a basic 9th grade civics final as a voting requirement.

no takers?

only how ===========

fail

only for concealed carry

Give them anything and they will come back for more.
Shall not be infringed is very clear.

no takers?

only how ===========

fail

only for concealed carry

It would be a good trade-off for literacy tests and property requirements.

Get rid of the illiterates and the deadbeats at the polls, and a return to sensible policies on guns and all other things would follow quickly.

No voter ID no stupid gun laws. Why should anyone be forced to prove they are worthy of a constitutional right.
With rights also comes responsibility.

no takers?

only how ===========

fail

only for concealed carry

concealed carry is nothing more then a piece of paper

it has nothing to do with what firearms you may own

out here open carry is perfectly legal

no takers?

only how ===========

fail

only for concealed carry

We are dealing with reality.

"Shall not be infringed" went by the wayside centuries ago.

With rights also comes responsibility.
Not in the GOUSA.

Obama has freed us from the tyranny of responsibility(and work).

only how ===========

fail

only for concealed carry

Here the fine for illegal carry is less than the permit fee.

I was making a deal....
Exactly.

No deals. No compromise. Only repeal of all gun control law. Nothing else.
True I to am fed up with compromise we are at this point because we compromised
But to end all the talk of more gun control let's see if the anti gunners are just talk or see if they are willing to concede something, because we gun owners have done enough compromising for ten life times.

only how ===========
fail

only for concealed carry

Here the fine for illegal carry is less than the permit fee.

--LOL

the permit here is 10 bucks good for 5 years

Forum List

Back