Supply, Demand, and Jobs

White Male Government Managers may lose their job.

Obama Orders Diversity in Federal Workforce
President Obama has issued an executive order directing the heads of federal government agencies to develop and implement plans for improving diversity in the federal workforce.

Obama issued the order in response to data from the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's 2009 Report on the Federal Work Force, which showed that white men held more than 61% of top or "senior" level positions, compared to 29% for women, 7% for African Americans and 3.6% for Latinos.

White Male Government Managers may lose their job.

Obama Orders Diversity in Federal Workforce
President Obama has issued an executive order directing the heads of federal government agencies to develop and implement plans for improving diversity in the federal workforce.

Obama issued the order in response to data from the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's 2009 Report on the Federal Work Force, which showed that white men held more than 61% of top or "senior" level positions, compared to 29% for women, 7% for African Americans and 3.6% for Latinos.

A 2009 report that he acts on now. Must be an election coming up.

We've shipped 30,000,000 industrial jobs offshore in the last 40 years and we wonder why the economy is on the skids?
Wow, every 40 seconds since 1971 a job got packed in a crate, loaded on board and off it went to some smart foreigner that didn't have to pay any stupid import taxes on the job he just bought. What made it really bad was that after 1971 Nixon placed a 300% tarrif on all job imports so that meant no more jobs could be imported to make up for our exports.

The real stimulus policy that will work is spelled T-A-R-I-F-F-S
Absolutely, we need to end all those import taxes that keep people from importing back all those jobs we shipped out. Tariffs are spelt S-T-U-P-I-D.

When the 400 richest families control as much wealth as the bottom 50% of wage earners, the money supply has been redistributed...
Whoa, let's not confuse 'money' with 'wealth'. Two very different things. Someone saves up $100k and banks it, someone else has a $100k home and mortgages it. The money supply doubles, the amount of wealth stays the same.
The point remains if there is fewer than 10% controlling more wealth/capital/money than 50%, the imbalance is not only unsustainable but injurious to any system of economics.

I think your semantics is an ostrich position: pay no attention to the problem. You're essentially picking fly shit out of pepper.

...if there is fewer than 10% controlling more wealth/capital/money than 50%, the imbalance is not only unsustainable but injurious...
For tens of thousands of years one out of five have had 90% of the wealth. Marx said that this was 'injurious' and so 'unsustainable' that he predicted that the imbalance would give way to an overwelming world wide redistribution of wealth. It never happened, and there are Marxists who say the fact that it never happened is proof that Marx could see into the future farther than anyone had imagined.

When the 400 richest families control as much wealth as the bottom 50% of wage earners, the money supply has been redistributed...
Whoa, let's not confuse 'money' with 'wealth'. Two very different things. Someone saves up $100k and banks it, someone else has a $100k home and mortgages it. The money supply doubles, the amount of wealth stays the same.

The point remains if there is fewer than 10% controlling more wealth/capital/money than 50%, the imbalance is not only unsustainable but injurious to any system of economics.

I think your semantics is an ostrich position: pay no attention to the problem. You're essentially picking fly shit out of pepper.

You look at this as tho those pools of folks are static and unchanging. The bottom 5% contains ALL college students, ALL new High School Graduates, ALL inmates, ALL illegal immigrants sending over 1/2 their income to their home countries VOLUNTARILLY.

Are ALL of those static? Of course not.

More than a third on the Forbes list of richest started from modest or lower means. The "uber rich" just lost about 15% of their wealth LAST MONTH.

An NFL player only has a earning window of 15 years or so. So income and Wealth are totally different and definately NOT static.

Last edited:
...An NFL player only has a earning window of 15 years or so. So income and Wealth are totally different and definately NOT static.
The NFL player is a good example of inequality. The cruel fact is that less that 0.1% of the population is being watched making touchdowns for the other 99.9%. Obama and Marx would require that 0.1% to have to watch me run past the goal posts once in a while.

Another example is doctors and how we have less than one percent of the population doing surgery on the other 99%. Some day Obama and Marx may call for a law requiring Nosmo to pay me to enjoy doing brain surgery on him...

...An NFL player only has a earning window of 15 years or so. So income and Wealth are totally different and definately NOT static.
The NFL player is a good example of inequality. The cruel fact is that less that 0.1% of the population is being watched making touchdowns for the other 99.9%. Obama and Marx would require that 0.1% to have to watch me run past the goal posts once in a while.

Another example is doctors and how we have less than one percent of the population doing surgery on the other 99%. Some day Obama and Marx may call for a law requiring Nosmo to pay me to enjoy doing brain surgery on him...

And the fact that the left want the Offensive Line of the Ravens to pay MORE taxes for the "privilege" of spending the REST of their lives fighting traumatic brain injury -- I find that sorta not compassionate at all..

I always wanted to be a guitarist for AeroSmith. If you get to find Nosmo's brain, I'll send you tickets to the show..

Forum List

Back