What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suntrust No Longer Offers Free Checking or Student Checking

Google

Gold Member
Reaction score
I received a letter in the mail yesterday informing me that my free checking and savings accounts I had opened a year and a half ago were changing. I went into my bank today where the teller informed me that Suntrust was adding a plethora of fees and charges. I told her it was an unfortunate time to add fees that are charged primarily to low balance holders, ie low income earners and students.

I promptly closed my account after opening a new one at a local credit union that does have free checking. The Suntrust teller told me in confidence that she understands why I had decided to close my account, but new consumer protection laws had forced Suntrust to make this move.

After Googling this I found out that indeed that has taken place, but nothing about the motivations behind this move.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$240.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List