Suicide

A person has an absolute right to end their life.
Depending on the situation, it could be extremely selfish but that doesnt negate the fact

You said you have the right to forcibly stop someone from committing suicide.

That is you forcing your will on someone else.
Oh, absolutely. In a heartbeat. I was raise that way. I have stopped people from doing all sorts of stupid sh#t they were doing that might get them, somebody else, or me killed and forced them to do it correctly or not at all. Suicide is no different. I just have not been there physically when somebody attempt, only before when working up to suicide in their temporary anguish or afterward after they came out of the hospital. If you want to do. Do it somewhere else. Simple enough?

Oh, absolutely. In a heartbeat. I was raise that way. I have stopped people from doing all sorts of stupid sh#t they were doing that might get them, somebody else, or me killed and forced them to do it correctly or not at all. Suicide is no different. I just have not been there physically when somebody attempt, only before when working up to suicide in their temporary anguish or afterward after they came out of the hospital. If you want to do. Do it somewhere else. Simple enough?
So where do you draw the line at forcing your will on another?

A person has an absolute right to end their life.
Depending on the situation, it could be extremely selfish but that doesnt negate the fact
A person's reason is his own. Who are you to judge?

A person's reason is his own. Who are you to judge?
A childs mother dies. The child is left with only his father. The father then kills himself for whatever reason, not considering the affects it will have on HIS offspring. The child is now in foster care till 18.
That would be called "selfish"

A childs mother dies. The child is left with only his father. The father then kills himself for whatever reason, not considering the affects it will have on HIS offspring. The child is now in foster care till 18.
That would be called "selfish"
People are selfish and have always been selfish and will always be selfish. There is a valid argument that everything people do is selfish in one way or another.
That kid might have been better off with another family instead of with an emotionally broken father who was unable to care for him.

People are selfish and have always been selfish and will always be selfish. There is a valid argument that everything people do is selfish in one way or another.
That kid might have been better off with another family instead of with an emotionally broken father who was unable to care for him.
Now how am i supposed to argue with that?! 😝

Now how am i supposed to argue with that?! 😝
It's not a safe assumption to think every child would be better off with a biological parent.

Those of us who has shit parents know this

So where do you draw the line at forcing your will on another?
When it comes to suicide, interference with a patient, doctor decision is definitely a no-no, other than that, I am not sure. Go do it somewhere else.
No bleeding heart, though. I approve of a criminal, surrounded with no hope of escape, taking the quick way out, as safer for the innocent and a cost savings on legal and incarceration costs to the community.

Last edited:
When it comes to suicide, interference with a patient, doctor decision is definitely a no-no, other than that, I am not sure. Go do it somewhere else.
No bleeding heart, though. I approve of a criminal, surrounded with no hope of escape, taking the quick way out, as safer for the innocent and a cost savings on legal and incarceration costs to the community.

Why should a person who has decided to end his own life have to comply to your will? Why don't you just go somewhere else?

Why should a person who has decided to end his own life have to comply to your will? Why don't you just go somewhere else?
It is your problem, not mine. Take it down the road. You are not welcome to do it on my property. I am the law on my property and exercise a certain amount of dominion.

I'm putting this in the philosophy forum because the subject can be approached from different angles of law, religion, ethics etc.

To me it all boils down to the question:

Does a person have the absolute right to end his own life?

I happen to think it is the ultimate right to decide your own life or death.

Now that doesn't mean I would not try to convince an otherwise healthy person to reconsider but I also do not think I have the right to forcibly stop him either.

Then there is the issue of the terminally ill committing suicide which I again believe is their absolute right but I would not try to convince a terminally ill person not to commit suicide.

Your thoughts?
What if the ruling establishment is making societal conditions so onerous, that it is creating mental and cognitive dissonance, which is forcing the young and the folks in their prime to consider that they have no choice in the matter. . . as in, one giant psyop, either submit, or die?

:dunno:

Suicide Rate in NZ​

What Is All This Isolation Doing to Us?​

Scientists have described the pandemic as “the largest isolation study in history” – and its effects are only just becoming clearer over time.

Acceptance of and Commitment To Freedom - #SolutionsWatch

Acceptance of and Commitment To Freedom - #SolutionsWatch​

MINDSPACE
Influencing behaviour through public policy

It is your problem, not mine. Take it down the road. You are not welcome to do it on my property. I am the law on my property and exercise a certain amount of dominion.
Oh now it's on your property?

It is selfish in the sense that it completely disregards the folks one leaves behind. I know this for a fact.
As I have said it can be argued that everything people do is selfish in some way.

Why is it any different from other risky behavior that can result in death?

Is it selfish for a man with kids to be a stuntman, or a NASCAR driver?

Oh now it's on your property?
What? You thought I was on the prowl across America and some anti-suicide crusader? Eh,.. NO. We all have our spheres of influence. Mine is mostly close to my home. If you aren't planning to do it in my presence, you are probably safe from my interference. Besides, I don't know you and won't actually miss you. Just do yourself somewhere else.

I'm putting this in the philosophy forum because the subject can be approached from different angles of law, religion, ethics etc.

To me it all boils down to the question:

Does a person have the absolute right to end his own life?

I happen to think it is the ultimate right to decide your own life or death.

Now that doesn't mean I would not try to convince an otherwise healthy person to reconsider but I also do not think I have the right to forcibly stop him either.

Then there is the issue of the terminally ill committing suicide which I again believe is their absolute right but I would not try to convince a terminally ill person not to commit suicide.

Your thoughts?
The question of whether somebody is of sound mind comes into play

Forum List

Back