~Suicide~

Dabs

~Unpredictable~
May 13, 2011
~Tennessee~
Have you ever contemplated suicide??
Have you ever tried and someone rescued you??..or maybe you decided against it at the very last moment??
Do you know anyone who has committed suicide??

Have you ever tried and someone rescued you??..or maybe you decided against it at the very last moment??

I'll be the first to admit.. I have.

About two years ago, I went through a stage of great depression, where I comtemplated ending it nearly every day. But everytime I would start having thoughts of my future.. and life after the depression. Boy, am I glad I didn't end it. 9 months ago I met the love of my life.. I would've missed all of this, had I listened to the silly, selfish voices in my head telling me that no one cared.

Depression is a bitch.. and after going through it, I'll never make light of it again. I'm just glad I made it through that difficult time in my life.. :thup:.

To anyone that is going through that point right now.. Just hold on.. It's cliche, but things really do get better!

Yes, I have years ago because of extreme grief and sorrow. I had too many responsibilities to think about it for very long and I've got a big family and support group. I've since discovered that what I went through is all to common.

I don't know anyone personally who committed suicide, but I do know of a few through friends and message boards. It's devastating for all involved, but I understand why someone might feel they need to do it. It's critically important that if you know someone who has recently gone through severe emotional trauma to keep an eye on them and be there as much as possible.

MY B.I.L used his house as an ATM machine in 2004. New kitchen, barn, 2 new SUV's, a vacation, big screen, new bathrooms,wood flooring.......the whole movie.
I gently and calmly explained to him it was all a very big mistake.
"You're all going down you fucking idiot !"
He told me I was a full of shit, paranoid conspiracy freakoid and that his GM plant was rocking and he could get more overtime than he wanted.
I left the sinking ship.

A few months later he got notice that the plant was closing permanently.
His wife found him hanging in the barn a few daze later.
Previous to the U.A.W. he was a military meathead. It's a wonder he didn't use a flag to hang himself with.
He used the winch cable off of his new Visa bought bass boat instead.

My ex wife's boyfriend hung himself almost 2 years ago. At first I felt bad for him then I realized: "He's probably better off now". :lol:

Interesting article I was just reading an hour ago, about suicide kits I had never heard of even though I live in OR:***

The state House in Oregon is expected to vote early next week on whether to impose a crackdown on companies that sell so-called "suicide kits," which contain hoods or other items intended to help a person end his or her life.

The bill was proposed in response to the death of a 29-year-old Eugene man, Nick Klonoski, who killed himself using a suicide kit he ordered through the mail from a California company.

The state Senate unanimously approved the bill Monday.

Kits like the one Klonoski used cost $60 and contain a plastic bag that fits over the head, along with plastic tubing that can be attached to a tank of helium gas. They can be purchased by anyone at any time, without the consultation of a doctor.

This Death with Dignity Act is the only one I have been familiar with and am in favor of:

Oregon is one of just a few states that allow doctors to help terminally ill patients end their lives early in certain circumstances. But lawmakers said companies and individuals who provide suicide kits should be prosecuted because they lack safeguards and take advantage of the vulnerable.

more: Oregon Moves Closer to Crackdown on 'Suicide Kits' - FoxNews.com

nike-just-do-it1.jpg

Yes.
No.
Yes.

In response to the OP's questions.........

Yeah. I have contemplated suicide, on several occasions. On one occasion I was going to drink drain cleaner, because the things I'd been through were almost too much for me to handle. I was 13 at the time.

On another occasion, I'd been drinking at a bar, and was contemplating my life. I'd gotten separated, had a son, and was slowly watching my life go down the toilet. I decided to drive my bicycle in front of a semi truck and end it all. I knew it would be quick, and called a friend of mine to tell them thanks for being there, but I couldn't take it anymore. They called someone else and saved my life.

In about the end of 1994, I again took assessment of my life and decided that I no longer wanted to be here. I called a friend of mine named Ned and told him thanks for being my mentor, but again........the pain was too much and I wanted to end it all.

He asked me if I could hold off long enough to meet him for lunch at Howard Johnson's. I told him that because he'd taught me lots of good stuff, I owed him at least that much.

I went up to the Ho Jo's in my uniform and cried like a baby when he read me Chapter 9 of Og Mandino's book "The Greatest Miracle In The World". It's called The God Memorandum.

Changed my life actually..............

I then realized that we live to say no to death. I also learned that when other people's voices were too weak to say no, as a fellow human being, I was obligated to help them shout "NO" when THEIR voices were too weak, because my voice was strong.

Bottom line? If you feel really bad about yourself, go out in the world and look for someone to help. Doesn't really matter who or what you do. Give a couple of bucks to some homeless person on the street, hold the door open for someone behind you, offer to pay for the coffee for the person behind you........

Trust me...........do those things, and living becomes the most important thing in the world to you.

Why? Simple............because you're useful to someone else (actually, you're God's agent on Earth, looking for someone to help), you have a good reason to live.

Works for me anyway.

Suicide is a long term solution to a short term problem.

Precisely.

Yes, my brother committed suicide, and quite frankly, I don't have a very high opinion of anyone that has done it. I think it's a chicken shit way out.

No one knows how good their life can be or what they can ever accomplish unless they live out their life.

No. Never. So I can't commiserate in any way.

However, I've always thought of suicide as a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Unless there is some untreatable disease, whatever is bothering a person will almost certainly go away at some point. It might be a while down the road, but it will go. If you have depression, that is physiological, no different than having a broken arm. One gets that treated. And if there are no treatments that work now, eventually there will be. If you kill yourself, you will never get a chance to experience the good things in life that are down the road. You can't take it back.

MY B.I.L used his house as an ATM machine in 2004. New kitchen, barn, 2 new SUV's, a vacation, big screen, new bathrooms,wood flooring.......the whole movie.
I gently and calmly explained to him it was all a very big mistake.
"You're all going down you fucking idiot !"
He told me I was a full of shit, paranoid conspiracy freakoid and that his GM plant was rocking and he could get more overtime than he wanted.
I left the sinking ship.

A few months later he got notice that the plant was closing permanently.
His wife found him hanging in the barn a few daze later.
Previous to the U.A.W. he was a military meathead. It's a wonder he didn't use a flag to hang himself with.
He used the winch cable off of his new Visa bought bass boat instead.

I am so very sorry to hear this~

Forum List

Back