Subliminal manipulation: "the best words"

You're right, of course, about Trump speaking to us like we're third graders. I have often wondered if some of Obama's unpopularity is because he is so "the professor" and speaks to us as if we understand from whence he speaks, at his level. A lot of people haven't got a clue what he's going on about. He'd be a great professor, but I wonder if he overestimated the intelligence of the American populace--or just decided he didn't give a damn about the ones who don't get it?
How dare a president speak in an intelligent manner, respecting the intelligence of the American people.

Shameful.

Trump talks like the majority of americans talk. He is not PC. He says things using the terms that average americans use.

You can deride that if you like, but its called communicating and its very effective. Sanders is doing the same thing from the far left side, and its working for him too.

Why is that? Could it be that our educational system and our media and entertainment industries have produced a generation of functional illiterates? Probably.

But as ignorant as many americans are, they do understand lying and corruption-------------and will not vote for Hillary Clinton because she is a proven liar and a corrupt human being.
Yes. We grasp lying at an early age. It isn't the words so much. I spend my days explaining (trying anyway) abstract ideas in the simplest, clearest language I can. It is the sad difference between the concrete thinking (I understand what I can see and touch) Trump uses and the higher order thinking the president frequently uses.
Right after San Bernardino, when Obama made the address calling for gun control, he was up in the philosophical stratosphere referring to Donne and begging for some degree of societal sanity. Same with his talk at Hiroshima. His intent flies straight over people's heads. No one in their right mind could disagree with what he is saying if they understood what he was saying. It's sad. I guess we have learned our lesson about electing someone smarter than we are.

You are a total idiot. Praising obozo the traitor? On memorial day weekend the asshole goes to Hiroshima and apologizes for the USA winning the war--------after Japan killed thousands of americans in an unprovoked attack on Pearl Harbor. That traitorous bastard should have been at Pearl Harbor recognizing the americans who died defending this country in WW2. Your bullshit about his speech being "over people's heads" is crass and a total lie. No one is fooled by your America hating Kenyan messiah. And shove your patronizing " we are so much smarter than you are" up your fat Obama loving ass.

You and Obama can kiss my ass.

You're right, of course, about Trump speaking to us like we're third graders. I have often wondered if some of Obama's unpopularity is because he is so "the professor" and speaks to us as if we understand from whence he speaks, at his level. A lot of people haven't got a clue what he's going on about. He'd be a great professor, but I wonder if he overestimated the intelligence of the American populace--or just decided he didn't give a damn about the ones who don't get it?
How dare a president speak in an intelligent manner, respecting the intelligence of the American people.

Shameful.

Intelligent treason. that's what's shameful. Its no secret that Obama hates this country and everything it stands for. you and he can move your sorry asses out of this country if you don't like the fact that we won WW2.

Trump talks like the majority of americans talk. He is not PC. He says things using the terms that average americans use.

You can deride that if you like, but its called communicating and its very effective. Sanders is doing the same thing from the far left side, and its working for him too.

Why is that? Could it be that our educational system and our media and entertainment industries have produced a generation of functional illiterates? Probably.

But as ignorant as many americans are, they do understand lying and corruption-------------and will not vote for Hillary Clinton because she is a proven liar and a corrupt human being.
Yes. We grasp lying at an early age. It isn't the words so much. I spend my days explaining (trying anyway) abstract ideas in the simplest, clearest language I can. It is the sad difference between the concrete thinking (I understand what I can see and touch) Trump uses and the higher order thinking the president frequently uses.
Right after San Bernardino, when Obama made the address calling for gun control, he was up in the philosophical stratosphere referring to Donne and begging for some degree of societal sanity. Same with his talk at Hiroshima. His intent flies straight over people's heads. No one in their right mind could disagree with what he is saying if they understood what he was saying. It's sad. I guess we have learned our lesson about electing someone smarter than we are.

I don't remember any more where I read it, maybe ten years ago, but the point was made that George W. Bush knows perfectly well how to pronounce the word "nuclear" and the "nukyulur" line was contrived by Karl Rove as another emotional persuasion tool.

And yeah that is sad in its profound cynicism.

Translation:

Trump is a demagogue who plays on the fears, ignorance, and bigotry of his supporters and those likewise frightened of change, diversity, and inclusion.

You are a total idiot. Praising obozo the traitor? On memorial day weekend the asshole goes to Hiroshima and apologizes for the USA winning the war--------after Japan killed thousands of americans in an unprovoked attack on Pearl Harbor. That traitorous bastard should have been at Pearl Harbor recognizing the americans who died defending this country in WW2. Your bullshit about his speech being "over people's heads" is crass and a total lie. No one is fooled by your America hating Kenyan messiah. And shove your patronizing " we are so much smarter than you are" up your fat Obama loving ass.

Well I thought about making this point in the OP but refrained, knowing it would manifest itself ---- check out the reading level in this post above. 'Nuff said.

Translation:

Trump is a demagogue who plays on the fears, ignorance, and bigotry of his supporters and those likewise frightened of change, diversity, and inclusion.

Translation = bullshit.

the demagogue in this race is the hildebeast and you ass-kissing fools who cannot see the bitch for what she really is.

Well I thought about making this point in the OP but refrained, knowing it would manifest itself ---- check out the reading level in this post above. 'Nuff said.

screw yourself, you pompous asshole. My reading level is so far above yours that we are not on the same planet.

screw yourself, you pompous asshole. My reading level is so far above yours that we are not on the same planet.

Of course it is. It shows in your writing. :itsok:

:dig:

the effectiveness of subliminal manipulation is evident in this thread. Evident in the postings of pogo boi, old bitch, and C. clayton. You left wing idiots are nothing but parrots for your slave masters in DC. You are pathetic. You make me barf.

and your nugatory and histrionic postings display your ignorance and lack of common sense or education. :itsok:

There’s a world of difference between a politician being ‘plain spoken’ and Trump’s simplistic, manipulative speech, where the former is accurate and truthful and the latter is lies and demagoguery.

I pretty much predicted getting that reply from someone, just about word for word. He didn't apologize. I was not trying to personally insult you, but if the shoe fits wears it. If you think he apologized, those shoes might be a pretty good fit.

Shameful.

Intelligent treason. that's what's shameful. Its no secret that Obama hates this country and everything it stands for. you and he can move your sorry asses out of this country if you don't like the fact that we won WW2.
You’re a tedious rightwing blind partisan hack completely devoid of objectivity – you’d defend and support Satan if he were the GOP nominee.

There’s a world of difference between a politician being ‘plain spoken’ and Trump’s simplistic, manipulative speech, where the former is accurate and truthful and the latter is lies and demagoguery.

I think Kevin Trudeau and Billy Mays kinda used "plain spoken language" too....

These are the tools of advertising. Advertising is defined as persuading you to buy something you don't need (if you need it, it doesn't need to advertise). Emotional hook words that explain how "you'll feel better", "you'll be cool", "you'll be the envy of your neighbors", and when it comes to the political sphere, "you'll be safe because 'they're rapists' and 'they're not our friends'" and 'they're laughing at us' and "you'll be number one". Appeal entirely to ego rather than intellect. Emotion rather than rationality.

Last edited:

Not only are you a tedious rightwing blind partisan hack completely devoid of objectivity, but like most cowards on the right rather than address the topic you try to hide behind a red herring fallacy.

I don't remember any more where I read it, maybe ten years ago, but the point was made that George W. Bush knows perfectly well how to pronounce the word "nuclear" and the "nukyulur" line was contrived by Karl Rove as another emotional persuasion tool.

Cynicism? I always have hope for us. Not so sure about Bush and 'nukyulur,' though. Southerners have a hard time with some of 'dem words. Ever hear Paula Dean pronounce "oil?"

Cynicism? I always have hope for us. Not so sure about Bush and 'nukyulur,' though. Southerners have a hard time with some of 'dem words. Ever hear Paula Dean pronounce "oil?"

No. Does she say "earl"?

Here are a couple of references, from the Wiki entry on the term "Nuclear" ---

>> In his 2005 book, Going Nucular, linguist Geoffrey Nunberg suggests that the reasons underlying the differing pronunciations of this word may be different from president to president. Whereas Eisenhower's pronunciation most likely arose from his lack of familiarity with the word (having first learned it in mid-life), Bush's usage may represent a calculated effort to appeal to populist sentiment,[13] though this theory is rejected by linguist Steven Pinker.[12] This analysis is repeated in the second edition of Charles Harrington Elster's The Big Book Of Beastly Mispronunciations.[9]

Last edited:

I think Kevin Trudeau and Billy Mays kinda used "plain spoken language" too....

These are the tools of advertising. Advertising is defined as persuading you to buy something you don't need (if you need it, it doesn't need to advertise). Emotional hook words that explain how "you'll feel better", "you'll be cool", "you'll be the envy of your neighbors", and when it comes to the political sphere, "you'll be safe because 'they're rapists' and 'they're not our friends'" and 'they're laughing at us' and "you'll be number one". Appeal entirely to ego rather than intellect. Emotion rather than rationality.
And like Trump both tried to sell the American people something they didn’t need.

and your nugatory and histrionic postings display your ignorance and lack of common sense or education. :itsok:
Admit it. You went to the Google thesaurus for that one. You trying to emulate 320?

Forum List

Back