Stupid Police Officers

Gross negligence is a conscious and voluntary disregard of the need to use reasonable care, which is likely to cause foreseeable grave injury or harm to persons, property, or both. It is conduct that is extreme when compared with ordinary Negligence,

Um yea…

Locking a handcuffed woman in a car parked on railroad tracks is not reasonable care
And it did cause grave injury

Sounds extreme

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Do not road rage with a gun, you could end up cuffed and stuffed in a police vehicle, parked on the railroad tracks.

The road rage was stupid, but harmed no one.
Parking on the train tracks was incredibly irresponsible, and could have derailed the train, killing dozens of people, if not hundreds. It was at least 10 times more criminal than road rage.

The road rage was stupid, but harmed no one.
Parking on the train tracks was incredibly irresponsible, and could have derailed the train, killing dozens of people, if not hundreds. It was at least 10 times more criminal than road rage.

Criminal?

I don't think so.

No she should be rewarded because of the pain and inconvenience that stole a lot of her life, and needs to be a punishment to those who did this to her.

There will be actual damages and then punitive damages against the police.

Punitive damages will be many times worse

I expect the municipalities to settle out of court for a large settlement.
They don’t want to risk a jury watching that video

No she should be rewarded because of the pain and inconvenience that stole a lot of her life, and needs to be a punishment to those who did this to her.
But Fifty Million Dollars!? Is there a 'money tree' out there somewhere?

But Fifty Million Dollars!? Is there a 'money tree' out there somewhere?

Sandy Hook parents got over $1 billion from Alex Jones for saying bad things about their children.

What do you think a jury would give a woman handcuffed in a car on the railroad tracks and watching as police ignore her screams and seeing a train hitting you?

Sandy Hook parents got over $1 billion from Alex Jones for saying bad things about their children.

What do you think a jury would give a woman handcuffed in a car on the railroad tracks and watching as police ignore her screams and seeing a train hitting you?

Such awards are idiotic, as well as that judge.
He'll pony up the few million he has then file for bankruptcy.

Last edited:
Such awards are idiotic, as well as that judge.
He'll pony up the few million he has then file for bankruptcy.

Doesn’t matter, it shows the type of awards juries will make for egregious behavior

A jury awarding $50 million to this woman is not out of the question. Every juror will put themselves in that police car and imagine what it would be like with a train approaching

That is why the municipalities will settle out of court with a generous settlement

Doesn’t matter, it shows the type of awards juries will make for egregious behavior

A jury awarding $50 million to this woman is not out of the question. Every juror will put themselves in that police car and imagine what it would be like with a train approaching

That is why the municipalities will settle out of court with a generous settlement

I think a lot of these awards are for public consumption, to satisfy public outrage over these incidents.
It will be interesting to see what she actually walks away with.

I think a lot of these awards are for public consumption, to satisfy public outrage over these incidents.
It will be interesting to see what she actually walks away with.

I think the attorneys for those municipalities will urge an out of court settlement.
To avoid a jury awarding severe punitive damages, I imagine the out of court offer will be quite generous

Forum List

Back