Stupid Police Officers

You can hear the train horn. The train has lights. Her hands were behind her back and she frantically tried to escape the vehicle, but the doors were locked, and it's kind of a cage," Wilkinson said. "She had thought about trying to get through to the front and get out that way, but she could not exit the vehicle. She saw everything coming."

Wilkinson said Rios-Gonzalez tried to alert one of the officers, but nobody responded to her screams. She lost consciousness after the crash and woke up hours later at the North Colorado Medical Center in Greeley.
Those officers should be fired and prosecuted.
No charges have been filed against Rios-Gonzalez over the alleged road rage incident.
Now they have.

This is why I don't "back the blue" just for the sake of backing the blue.

My mom told me once that she hated being pulled over by a police officer because to her that was not different than being confronted by any other young male stranger on her own as an older woman. Not every young man that approached her would have intent to harm, neither would every police officer. But the safest course is to assume they might and keep going. With a cop she couldn't do that.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Do not road rage with a gun, you could end up cuffed and stuffed in a police vehicle, parked on the railroad tracks.

That’s vigilantism. Have you ever heard of a right to a trial? You’re an idiot. You don’t kill people for breaking the law. You turn people over to the authorities to kill them if the law sees fit. Did I mention that you are an idiot?

Maybe not. It could have been attempted murder. What did he find in the car?
They did eventually find a gun which is not a crime

Regardless, placing a suspect in harms way while you perform a search is criminal

That’s vigilantism. Have you ever heard of a right to a trial? You’re an idiot. You don’t kill people for breaking the law. You turn people over to the authorities to kill them if the law sees fit. Did I mention that you are an idiot?

Are you not aware people make mistakes? The only idiots here are the woman and cop in the OP and you.

Are you not aware people make mistakes? The only idiots here are the woman and cop in the OP and you.

A gross mistake that severely injured someone is still criminal negligence

The woman did nothing wrong and complied with the orders of the police. Once she is in cuffs, her safety is the responsibility of the police

Criminal negligence (sometimes called culpable negligence) refers to a defendant who acts in disregard of a serious risk of harm that a reasonable person in the same situation would have perceived. Another common definition includes an act that amounts to a gross deviation from the general standard of care.

So you chase down a 20 year old woman accused of a road rage incident. She stops just past railroad tracks and you park your police cruiser right on the tracks behind her. You put her in cuffs and lock her in the police vehicle. Then you proceed to search her vehicle while she sits alone in the police cruiser.

What could possibly go wrong?

Yes, a train came and smashed the Police Cruiser
The woman survived with serious injuries
Somebody just got a massive lawsuit dropped into her lap.

A gross mistake that severely injured someone is still criminal negligence

A gross mistake, yes. I have to disagree with criminal.

Besides, we're releasing murderers and rapists from prison across the country. You think this cop is going to serve time because of a road raging lunatic with a gun?

A gross mistake, yes. I have to disagree with criminal.

Besides, we're releasing murderers and rapists from prison across the country. You think this cop is going to serve time because of a road raging lunatic with a gun?

Criminal negligence (sometimes called culpable negligence) refers to a defendant who acts in disregard of a serious risk of harm that a reasonable person in the same situation would have perceived. Another common definition includes an act that amounts to a gross deviation from the general standard of care.

Does the general standard of care involve not locking someone in a police cruiser that is parked on railroad tracks?

Does the general standard of care involve not locking someone in a police cruiser that is parked on railroad tracks?

Like I said, I agree with gross mistake/negligence. They definitely owe some money on this one, I just don't agree with charging the cop with a crime.

Like I said, I agree with gross mistake/negligence. They definitely owe some money on this one, I just don't agree with charging the cop with a crime.
Gross negligence resulting in severe injury is criminal
Wearing a police uniform is not an excuse

Looks like prosecutors are ready to charge the woman with Felony menacing.
They would never get a conviction but need something to trade off on any settlement of damages.

After six weeks they still have no charges against the Police.
That would be an admission of fault

Forum List

Back