Study, Straight people have longer pointer fingers than Gay people.

metalwolf

Platinum Member
Oct 21, 2020
Look down at your right hand. Is your ring finger longer than your index finger? Or vice versa? To be certain, take a ruler and measure from the bottom crease of each finger to the tip.

The measurements tell you something about the environment of your mother's womb just weeks after your conception, a time when your fingers, and more importantly, your brain, were developing. Because of the influx of sex hormones at this prenatal stage, men tend to have ring fingers that are slightly longer than their index fingers. In women, these fingers are usually the same length or the index digit is just a bit longer.

This is an indicator of testosterone levels, not necessarily homosexuality one way or the other.

deannalw said:
Who in the holy hell sets out to study such a stupid thing to begin with?

They need real jobs.

from personal observation, leftist professor/researchers at liberal universities looking for gov't grants. This one on the finger reminds me so much of the one on the lines of your hands. This prof got one grant for saying that the lines on the hand indicated learning disabilities....and then a couple years laters changed it and got another grant to study the lines of the hand as an indicator of potential alzheimers. He probably went on to a third unless he died.

I don't know about this finger length stuff but my hands have always been attracted to women.:p

Mixing cause and effect. Straight men have longer fingers because they have a reason to stretch their fingers as long as possible during an sexual move not needed by gay men. Check the tongues of lesbian women vs. straight women and you'll likely see the same effect.

This reminds me of the prank in which you tell a person that if their hand is as long as their face is tall, they are intelligent, or whatever. When they hold their hand up to measure in relation to their face, you hit the back of their hand causing them to smack themselves.

Forum List

Back