study found that for every dollar spent cleaning up the Great Lakes generates between $3 and $4 of economic benefits.

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
The Biden administration plans to invest about $1 billion into Great Lakes restoration and cleanup projects. Congress tripled funding for the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative in 2021

Investing in the Great Lakes will reduce pollution, restore wetlands and habitats, and make the water safer for swimming, fishing, and drinking.

The Biden administration plans to invest about $1 billion into Great Lakes restoration and cleanup projects. Congress tripled funding for the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative in 2021

Investing in the Great Lakes will reduce pollution, restore wetlands and habitats, and make the water safer for swimming, fishing, and drinking.

I bet years from now some kind of review will find that this fell victim to all kinds of corruption and that the lakes continued to degrade. I also bet that nobody will care.

Those types of studies are usually FOS.
Who cares either way?

What's the downside? What, a healthier ecosystem and more pristine waters for Americans to enjoy?

What's the upside? What, an economic boost - as TC has said - and a healthier ecosystem and more pristine waters?

The fuck are you even whining about? Sit down and hush.

Who cares either way?

What's the downside? What, a healthier ecosystem and more pristine waters for Americans to enjoy?

What's the upside? What, an economic boost - as TC has said - and a healthier ecosystem and more pristine waters?

On face value and in a vacuum, you are correct. It's easy for politicians to spend money. That makes them popular. Of course spending beyond one's means has consequences. Such as inflating one's way out of debt; up to and including the debauching of the dollar.

On face value and in a vacuum, you are correct. It's easy for politicians to spend money. That makes them popular. Of course spending beyond one's means has consequences. Such as inflating one's way out of debt; up to and including the debauching of the dollar.
I don't care about the debt. I care about climate change.

I don't care about the debt. I care about climate change.
You should be worrying about the debt. That's one of the main existential threats in your lifetime. The earth's climate isn't.

You sure did jump from environmental cleanup to climate change fast. I've been studying paleoclimates and why they changed for over 20 years. I'm not the person you want to discuss climate change with. You'll leave angry and disappointed.

We are the richest country in history. Our dollar is the world's currency.

The debt means nothing. I'm sorry, but you've been lied to all your life by politicians.

Who cares either way?

Studies like this are usually phony just to continue their funding and/or promote an agenda. You are one derp so sit down and hush.

We are the richest country in history. Our dollar is the world's currency.

The debt means nothing. I'm sorry, but you've been lied to all your life by politicians.
F.A. Hayek wasn't a politician. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that spending beyond one's means is not sustainable.

PinktheFloyd88

With both the Hudson river in NY and he Charles in Boston, he returns were incalculably Hiher yet.
the recreational and aesthetic value within a city is gigantic.

`

Forum List

Back