Study finds white working class increasingly dying 'deaths of despair'

JohnnyApplesack

Gold Member
Feb 8, 2011
Trump voters, nothing to see here...........

A sobering portrait of less-educated middle-age white Americans emerged Thursday with new research showing them dying disproportionately from what one expert calls "deaths of despair" — suicides, drug overdoses and alcohol-related diseases.

The new paper by two Princeton University economists, Anne Case and Angus Deaton, concludes that the trend is driven by the loss of steady middle-income jobs for those with a high school diploma or less.

The economists also argue that dwindling job opportunities have triggered broader problems for this group. They are more likely than their college-educated counterparts, for example, to be unemployed, unmarried or suffering from poor health.

"This is a story of the collapse of the white working class," Deaton said in an interview. "The labor market has very much turned against them."

After 8 years of Obama is it any wonder the working class is struggling. THAT'S why we elected Trump Hello.

uh, those same pilgrims are ditching Drump, realizing he's totally full of shit

check out is plummeting approval, sad

I wonder if this poster is guno. Just non-stop, rapid fire.
33,000 posts sez what? lol
Perhaps I should have included "predictable hardcore partisan ideologue threads."

Now, try that again, and see if you're right.

yeah of course you're not partisan lol

think you'll hit 40,000 by the end of April?
We'll see.

My point remains. Nice that I struck a nerve.

After 8 years of Obama is it any wonder the working class is struggling. THAT'S why we elected Trump Hello.

Don't be an imbecile, Trump hasn't been on the job long enough to have an impact one way or another, idiot.

Perhaps I should have included "predictable hardcore partisan ideologue threads."

We'll see.

is that why you put up thousands and thousands of posts here, sharpen your nerve striking skills? lol

go get em tiger!

Don't be an imbecile, Trump hasn't been on the job long enough to have an impact one way or another, idiot.

so his plummeting polls are just a blip?....lol

We'll see.

is that why you put up thousands and thousands of posts here, sharpen your nerve striking skills? lol

go get em tiger!
Thanks. And you just keep responding.

Always a good sign.

so his plummeting polls are just a blip?....lol

The only poll that means anything is the poll conducted last November when the country rose up and elected Trump their president. That's a poll, suck on it.

Trump voters, nothing to see here...........

A sobering portrait of less-educated middle-age white Americans emerged Thursday with new research showing them dying disproportionately from what one expert calls "deaths of despair" — suicides, drug overdoses and alcohol-related diseases.

The new paper by two Princeton University economists, Anne Case and Angus Deaton, concludes that the trend is driven by the loss of steady middle-income jobs for those with a high school diploma or less.

The economists also argue that dwindling job opportunities have triggered broader problems for this group. They are more likely than their college-educated counterparts, for example, to be unemployed, unmarried or suffering from poor health.

"This is a story of the collapse of the white working class," Deaton said in an interview. "The labor market has very much turned against them."

ADP: Businesses add booming 263,000 jobs in March
Businesses added 263,000 jobs in March, payroll processor ADP said Wednesday, possibly heralding a third straight month of strong hiring in the government’s closely watched employment report later this week.

Economists surveyed by Bloomberg expected ADP to report 185,000 new private-sector jobs.
Those fucking US citizens just didn't listen to Bloomingidiotblurg and their 185,000 jobs prediction and went well above it by an additional 78,000 MORE jobs. You can see how a liberal success is reporting FALSE information and he will defend his lies, even when I just proved his sorry ass wrong.

How to spot a sociopath - 10 red flags that could save you from being swept under the influence of a charismatic nut job
#5) Sociopaths seek to dominate others and "win" at all costs. They hate to lose any argument or fight and will viciously defend their web of lies, even to the point of logical absurdity.
#9) Sociopaths never apologize. They are never wrong. They never feel guilt. They can never apologize. Even if shown proof that they were wrong, they will refuse to apologize and instead go on the attack.
#10) Sociopaths are delusional and literally believe that what they say becomes truth merely because they say it!
You just cant get more stupid than a liberal...

Forum List

Back