Student Suspended for Removing Mexican Flag

He's a member of the ROTC so yea I'm willing to bet he knows a hell of a lot more about flag etiquette than most kids his age. Speaking of pathetic, how've you been doing?

Then should have known better than to put a flag in the trash.

Why? Why should Americans respect a foreign flag?

There you have it....same reason foreigners don't have to respect an American flag.

I say throw that Lone Star in the trash too, while you're at it.

This is interesting....I guess it shows how rumors get out of control. In the second link of the OP: Klein Independent School district denies flag flap rumors | abc13.com

The initial story being passed around Houston, fueled by a radio show report, says that a student at Klein Collins High School removed a Mexican flag from a flagpole because it was being flown higher than a US flag. The student was allegedly then suspended for three days. But that's not what school officials say happened.

The Klein Independent School District issued a reponse on their website to what they call 'inaccurate allegations.' It reads as follows:

* Neither the Klein Independent School District nor any of its campuses has flown another country or state's flag on a pole outside of its facilities.
* Neither the Klein Independent School District nor any of its campuses has flown the American flag upside down.
* Neither the Klein Independent School District nor any of its campuses has displayed another country or state's flag in a manner that would dishonor or disrespect the American flag or the Texas state flag.
* As part of a student activity, permission was granted for students to display some decorations for Cinco de Mayo which included the Mexican flag that was placed on a railing in the school. This activity was never meant to dishonor or show disrespect to our country or our state or our flags.

....a Mexican flag was displayed inside the building, with permission, by a member of the school's Spanish club as part of a Cinco de Mayo observance. Moreno says another student upset by the display removed the flag and stuffed it in a trash can. She adds that the school cannot comment on any discipline the student may have received.

It was removed because it was flying higher than the US flag. What part of that don't you understand? Unpatriotic fucks like you ought to move your pansy ass to Mexico.

So...you are saying the School District (who's report you can link, but apparently not read) is lying?

I dont think he should have thrown it away but suspending him was counter productive to teaching him and his fellow students.

They should have made a lesson plan to educate all the students in how the flag should be displayed and why.

upside down in Mexico
City..

There you have it....same reason foreigners don't have to respect an American flag.

I wouldn't expect a foreigner to respect an American flag in the first damn place. Don't be jealous of the Texas flag, it's not our fault California was never really a Republic.

I wouldn't expect a foreigner to respect an American flag in the first damn place. Don't be jealous of the Texas flag, it's not our fault California was never really a Republic.

Yup, exactly what do these dumb asses think would happen to an American flag if someone tried to display it in A Mexican school? Or at a Mexican Business?

So. you've not heard of the Bear Flag Republic. That's ok...we aren't secesh...never have been.

BTW...why are you still hear? Haven't you seceded yet?

Last edited:
This is interesting....I guess it shows how rumors get out of control. In the second link of the OP: Klein Independent School district denies flag flap rumors | abc13.com

It was removed because it was flying higher than the US flag. What part of that don't you understand? Unpatriotic fucks like you ought to move your pansy ass to Mexico.

So...you are saying the School District (who's report you can link, but apparently not read) is lying?

Nick Morris said he took the flag down because it was placed higher than the US flag. I believe him.

"It could have been a Russian flag or French flag, I still would have taken it down. If you looked at the American Flag and Texan flag, in another part of the building, the Mexican Flag was much higher," said the 10th-grade ROTC cadet. "Before I took it down, I sent a picture of it to my mom and she called the school to tell them we were offended and they hung up on her."

Yup, exactly what do these dumb asses think would happen to an American flag if someone tried to display it in A Mexican school? Or at a Mexican Business?

Good point.

By all means...let's be like Mexico in our behavior. Woot!

By all means...let's be like Mexico in our behavior. Woot!

In other words you have nothing, but hey thanks for playing.

The Mexican flag should not be displayed in an American school to begin with.

If it were displayed along the wall with numerous other small flags of different countries in a World History classroom, I would have no problem with it. The kids could learn to recognize flags of various countries and learn something about those countries and their people.

Mostly what children are learning in school today is rubbish, many of them by unqualified teachers. Then you have those teachers who have worked their asses off from lower school through college and afterward and have a passion for teaching. Blessed is the child who has one of those teachers.

Way to encourage kids to study and do well in school.

That's the problem - they are not encouraged to study and do well - by their parents, their teachers or their peers. Anything will do to get them graduated and out of school. Back some years ago when students were being passed up to the next grade when they were failing the grade they were in - were students really helped by this practice? Better that a kid not get embarrassed or have their feelings hurt because they got left behind those who did study and work hard. Or worse yet got passed up because the teacher didn't want to deal with them all over again a second year.

They aren't absorbing, learning, and retaining the core subjects - English, math, science, history, etc. - but they can tell more than you'll ever want to know about sex, sexual orientation, sexuality in general, Islam, Buddism, and any other religion except Judaism or Christianity. And what happened to the arts classes to round the students out? And these are the students who think they are ENTITLED to go on into college.

God bless the teachers, parents and peers who truly care about the importance of a solid educational experience for those who study their asses off to get that education. It's an expectation that some grades are unacceptable and these students will do better "or else." These are the kids who deserve the RIGHT to go on to college because they worked for it ... but they're not ENTITLED to get a full ride on the backs of taxpayers.

Wasn't this thread about a flag??

So. you've not heard of the Bear Flag Republic. That's ok...we are secesh...never have been.

For a whole 26 days California claimed to be a republic.

I'm still here (in Texas) because my family fought and won the right to be here, after killing about 700 Mexican soldiers, wounding 208, and taking 730 prisoners while suffering 9 killed and 30 wounded.

And why do you keep lying?

He's a member of the ROTC so yea I'm willing to bet he knows a hell of a lot more about flag etiquette than most kids his age. Speaking of pathetic, how've you been doing?

It wasn't a US flag.

So you favor a citizen of another country throwing away an American flag in theior country?
That would be OK with you?
Sure, righto there.

Under your theory why should anyone other than Americans respect our flag?
That is a ridiculous and pitiful argument to teach high school kids.
Do you teach that to your children?

Nick Morris said he took the flag down because it was placed higher than the US flag. I believe him.

"It could have been a Russian flag or French flag, I still would have taken it down. If you looked at the American Flag and Texan flag, in another part of the building, the Mexican Flag was much higher," said the 10th-grade ROTC cadet. "Before I took it down, I sent a picture of it to my mom and she called the school to tell them we were offended and they hung up on her."

Let's see the picture he sent his mom. (So nice to have him have evidence like this)

So. you've not heard of the Bear Flag Republic. That's ok...we aren't secesh...never have been.

Yeah. It takes balls to buck the unjust system.

Forum List

Back