Student Suspended for Removing Mexican Flag

You mean because we bother know what the law states, loser? You apologetic fucks and your bleeding pussies over people flying a flag that belongs in another nation are a joke.

You want to stereotype me, bleeding heat yankee loser? Knock yourself out. Fuckwits like you forget where we came from but you'll defend Lincoln and his unConstitutional bullshit to last (spelled: third) braincell and what was his main objective? To preserve the Union.

He was right about one thing: A house divided cannot stand and you people undermining this nation from within are living proof.

For all your smoke and mirrors, you're just another fucking sheep in the herd.

hey, toy soldier...read my posts. I think the Mexican flag mostly has no place ina school, unless it is part of a heritage month thing or a history/geography flying of multiple flags.

calm down mary, before you bust a blood vessel.

A student at Klein Collins High School in Texas observed upon his entering his school that there was a Mexican Flag hung from the balcony. After trying to find out to whom the flag belonged and after attempting to contact school officials several times, the student removed the flag. He then did a relatively rash, ignorant, and stupid act by throwing the flag in the trash instead of... lets say turning it into the lost and found. When school officials found out about the student's act, they suspended him for three days.

Although this student did vandalize property and offend people, he did have solid reason for REMOVING the flag (again, he did not have reason for throwing it away). Klein Collins displays the traditional American Flag on a pole outside the school, but inside the school, the newly hung Mexican flag was higher than any U.S. flag in the hallway. This is a violation of the sanctity of the American flag (you know, those anti burning/desecrating/hanging-upside-down of the flag laws) where the U.S. flag has to be the most prominently displayed flag on any government property, such as schools.

Article Klein Independent School district denies flag flap rumors | abc13.com
Pic/article Texas Student Suspended *** Removed Mexican... | Gather

What are your thoughts? Was the student right for removing the flag? Was he right for throwing it away? Was it okay to hang the Mexican flag where they did? Was the school right in suspending him for 3 days?

No to all of the above.

A student at Klein Collins High School in Texas observed upon his entering his school that there was a Mexican Flag hung from the balcony. After trying to find out to whom the flag belonged and after attempting to contact school officials several times, the student removed the flag. He then did a relatively rash, ignorant, and stupid act by throwing the flag in the trash instead of... lets say turning it into the lost and found. When school officials found out about the student's act, they suspended him for three days.

Although this student did vandalize property and offend people, he did have solid reason for REMOVING the flag (again, he did not have reason for throwing it away). Klein Collins displays the traditional American Flag on a pole outside the school, but inside the school, the newly hung Mexican flag was higher than any U.S. flag in the hallway. This is a violation of the sanctity of the American flag (you know, those anti burning/desecrating/hanging-upside-down of the flag laws) where the U.S. flag has to be the most prominently displayed flag on any government property, such as schools.

What are your thoughts? Was the student right for removing the flag? Was he right for throwing it away? Was it okay to hang the Mexican flag where they did? Was the school right in suspending him for 3 days?

Texas? Ugh! Stupid people, stupid fights. :cuckoo:

I bet the Mexican flag was NOT part of a display with it flying higher than an American flag. just another weirdo, victimization complaint from a white douchebagh.

Stop embarrassing the rest of white people with this inane insecurity you have about being white.

You mean because we bother know what the law states, loser? You apologetic fucks and your bleeding pussies over people flying a flag that belongs in another nation are a joke.

You want to stereotype me, bleeding heat yankee loser? Knock yourself out. Fuckwits like you forget where we came from but you'll defend Lincoln and his unConstitutional bullshit to last (spelled: third) braincell and what was his main objective? To preserve the Union.

He was right about one thing: A house divided cannot stand and you people undermining this nation from within are living proof.

:lol:

You just shy of a gorilla, war mongering, hateful, holier than thou, bigoted types are what's wrong with american.

Speaking of fucking sheep, shouldn't you be out on the pasture?

yup, Gunny, talking down to our level of debate here:lol:

Last edited:
Texas? Ugh! Stupid people, stupid fights. :cuckoo:

I bet the Mexican flag was NOT part of a display with it flying higher than an American flag. just another weirdo, victimization complaint from a white douchebagh.

Stop embarrassing the rest of white people with this inane insecurity you have about being white.

hey, toy soldier...read my posts. I think the Mexican flag mostly has no place ina school, unless it is part of a heritage month thing or a history/geography flying of multiple flags.

You still here, loser? The only thing I'd be busting is your lame ass. But ... then ... I wouldn't give you what you want.

Odd, I expect more of you than your behavior as of late. You sound like truthdoesntmatter. Just another leftwing sheep who can't see shit. You hardly live up to the reputation that preceded your arrival.

You're all talk. You may have buffaloed a community bulletin board, but that doesn't fly here.

Get an argument, huh? My 18 months old granddaughter could destroy you in a sentence. You got nothing.

You're just the leftwingnut version of the righwingnut attention whore bar none on this board.

You still here, loser? The only thing I'd be busting is your lame ass. But ... then ... I wouldn't give you what you want.

Odd, I expect more of you than your behavior as of late. You sound like truthdoesntmatter. Just another leftwing sheep who can't see shit. You hardly live up to the reputation that preceded your arrival.

You're all talk. You may have buffaloed a community bulletin board, but that doesn't fly here.

Get an argument, huh? My 18 months old granddaughter could destroy you in a sentence. You got nothing.

You're just the leftwingnut version of the righwingnut attention whore bar none on this board.

Rabble rabble rabble. This coming from someone who posted this comment

man gunny, you are such a fucking loser

And the part in bold, we've heard that one before, can't even be original in your pathetic name calling.

But you may be right, according to your idea of a sound argument and debate, yelling and screaming and babbling is a good argument, so we would likely lose a debate to an 18 month old who does just that

Last edited:
The Mexican flag should not be displayed in an American school to begin with.

If it were displayed along the wall with numerous other small flags of different countries in a World History classroom, I would have no problem with it. The kids could learn to recognize flags of various countries and learn something about those countries and their people.

Mostly what children are learning in school today is rubbish, many of them by unqualified teachers. Then you have those teachers who have worked their asses off from lower school through college and afterward and have a passion for teaching. Blessed is the child who has one of those teachers.

Way to encourage kids to study and do well in school.

That's the problem - they are not encouraged to study and do well - by their parents, their teachers or their peers. Anything will do to get them graduated and out of school. Back some years ago when students were being passed up to the next grade when they were failing the grade they were in - were students really helped by this practice? Better that a kid not get embarrassed or have their feelings hurt because they got left behind those who did study and work hard. Or worse yet got passed up because the teacher didn't want to deal with them all over again a second year.

They aren't absorbing, learning, and retaining the core subjects - English, math, science, history, etc. - but they can tell more than you'll ever want to know about sex, sexual orientation, sexuality in general, Islam, Buddism, and any other religion except Judaism or Christianity. And what happened to the arts classes to round the students out? And these are the students who think they are ENTITLED to go on into college.

God bless the teachers, parents and peers who truly care about the importance of a solid educational experience for those who study their asses off to get that education. It's an expectation that some grades are unacceptable and these students will do better "or else." These are the kids who deserve the RIGHT to go on to college because they worked for it ... but they're not ENTITLED to get a full ride on the backs of taxpayers.

Last edited:

Throwing any country's flag in the trash is a delibrately insulting and provocative action. If he didn't know better then, he sure does now. I suspect he knew what he was doing and he deserved what he got.

I'm sure this kid know anything about the rules and etiquette of flag flying

Who cares, people are so pathetic

He's a member of the ROTC so yea I'm willing to bet he knows a hell of a lot more about flag etiquette than most kids his age. Speaking of pathetic, how've you been doing?

Then should have known better than to put a flag in the trash.

He's a member of the ROTC so yea I'm willing to bet he knows a hell of a lot more about flag etiquette than most kids his age. Speaking of pathetic, how've you been doing?

It wasn't a US flag.

It doesn't matter - putting any country's flag in the trash is a provocative and insulting thing to do. I'm not talking about "flag etiquette"...

This is interesting....I guess it shows how rumors get out of control. In the second link of the OP: Klein Independent School district denies flag flap rumors | abc13.com

The initial story being passed around Houston, fueled by a radio show report, says that a student at Klein Collins High School removed a Mexican flag from a flagpole because it was being flown higher than a US flag. The student was allegedly then suspended for three days. But that's not what school officials say happened.

The Klein Independent School District issued a reponse on their website to what they call 'inaccurate allegations.' It reads as follows:

* Neither the Klein Independent School District nor any of its campuses has flown another country or state's flag on a pole outside of its facilities.
* Neither the Klein Independent School District nor any of its campuses has flown the American flag upside down.
* Neither the Klein Independent School District nor any of its campuses has displayed another country or state's flag in a manner that would dishonor or disrespect the American flag or the Texas state flag.
* As part of a student activity, permission was granted for students to display some decorations for Cinco de Mayo which included the Mexican flag that was placed on a railing in the school. This activity was never meant to dishonor or show disrespect to our country or our state or our flags.

....a Mexican flag was displayed inside the building, with permission, by a member of the school's Spanish club as part of a Cinco de Mayo observance. Moreno says another student upset by the display removed the flag and stuffed it in a trash can. She adds that the school cannot comment on any discipline the student may have received.

I dont think he should have thrown it away but suspending him was counter productive to teaching him and his fellow students.

They should have made a lesson plan to educate all the students in how the flag should be displayed and why.

Too bad he didn't throw out a carton of condoms.

Throwing any country's flag in the trash is a delibrately insulting and provocative action. If he didn't know better then, he sure does now. I suspect he knew what he was doing and he deserved what he got.

So I gather that you're opposed to anyone burning the American flag?

I'm sure this kid know anything about the rules and etiquette of flag flying

Who cares, people are so pathetic

Why? Why should Americans respect a foreign flag?

This is interesting....I guess it shows how rumors get out of control. In the second link of the OP: Klein Independent School district denies flag flap rumors | abc13.com

The initial story being passed around Houston, fueled by a radio show report, says that a student at Klein Collins High School removed a Mexican flag from a flagpole because it was being flown higher than a US flag. The student was allegedly then suspended for three days. But that's not what school officials say happened.

The Klein Independent School District issued a reponse on their website to what they call 'inaccurate allegations.' It reads as follows:

* Neither the Klein Independent School District nor any of its campuses has flown another country or state's flag on a pole outside of its facilities.
* Neither the Klein Independent School District nor any of its campuses has flown the American flag upside down.
* Neither the Klein Independent School District nor any of its campuses has displayed another country or state's flag in a manner that would dishonor or disrespect the American flag or the Texas state flag.
* As part of a student activity, permission was granted for students to display some decorations for Cinco de Mayo which included the Mexican flag that was placed on a railing in the school. This activity was never meant to dishonor or show disrespect to our country or our state or our flags.

....a Mexican flag was displayed inside the building, with permission, by a member of the school's Spanish club as part of a Cinco de Mayo observance. Moreno says another student upset by the display removed the flag and stuffed it in a trash can. She adds that the school cannot comment on any discipline the student may have received.

It was removed because it was flying higher than the US flag. What part of that don't you understand? Unpatriotic fucks like you ought to move your pansy ass to Mexico.

I dont think he should have thrown it away but suspending him was counter productive to teaching him and his fellow students.

They should have made a lesson plan to educate all the students in how the flag should be displayed and why.

This is a very logical idea.....and will be rejected out of hand by the demogogues.

The Mexican flag should NOT be displayed anywhere in a Public High school in the United States unless it is a special presentation of other Countries flags. Pretty simple concept.

Forum List

Back