Stranger Things Season 2 (Netflix show)

AsianTrumpSupporter

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2017
Democratic People's Republique de Californie

The first season of Stranger Things was pretty great. My only complaint about the first season is that the monster was kind of underwhelming. However, the entire world built around the monster was great.

I just watched episode 1 of season 2, and it was pretty good. I was a kid in the 1980's, so I definitely remember all of the pop culture references/easter eggs in the show. I'd give the first episode:

8.5/10

The new cast members are very good and interesting so far. Hopefully, this season isn't just a rehash of the first season.

I thought the one male lead was just busted on drug charges? Might that end the show?

Ah, I didn't hear anything about that, but I just googled it and confirmed it to be true. I guess the guy was deported back to the UK. The show is more of an ensemble cast without any single, main star/lead. They could easily write him out of the show.

Whether he loses his job or not remains to be seen, but the show wouldn't fold as a result of this incident.

'Stranger Things' Star Charlie Heaton Busted with Cocaine at LAX

Yeah, the way the show is set up, they could easily write him out of the show by making him a victim of the upside down or something. Or if they really want to keep him in the show, they can film his scenes outside of America.

I haven't finished season 2 yet, so I don't know where his character is at the end of the season.

Whether he loses his job or not remains to be seen, but the show wouldn't fold as a result of this incident.

Yeah, the way the show is set up, they could easily write him out of the show by making him a victim of the upside down or something. Or if they really want to keep him in the show, they can film his scenes outside of America.

I haven't finished season 2 yet, so I don't know where his character is at the end of the season.

I am going to watch the Hell out of it tomorrow. I'll need a couch and telly day after tonight's Halloween party.

I am going to watch the Hell out of it tomorrow. I'll need a couch and telly day after tonight's Halloween party.
speaking of hell....David Harbour the guy who plays Chief Hopper has been cast in the new Hellboy movie as Hellboy himself....

speaking of hell....David Harbour the guy who plays Chief Hopper has been cast in the new Hellboy movie as Hellboy himself....

Yeah, I'm interested in the new Hellboy. I just finished episode 5 ("Dig Dug") of Stranger Things season 2. This episode was a 9/10.

The first season of Stranger Things was pretty great. My only complaint about the first season is that the monster was kind of underwhelming. However, the entire world built around the monster was great.

I just watched episode 1 of season 2, and it was pretty good. I was a kid in the 1980's, so I definitely remember all of the pop culture references/easter eggs in the show. I'd give the first episode:

8.5/10

The new cast members are very good and interesting so far. Hopefully, this season isn't just a rehash of the first season.

First season was best. ST2 still has the 80s vibe, but now it's kinda boring. It's like I already know what's going to happen. Maybe I should just chill and listen to the soundtrack like the outsider.

They released the entire season, so it's hard to talk about without giving away spoilers. That's it. I'm out ha ha.

8.5/10

First season was best. ST2 still has the 80s vibe, but now it's kinda boring. It's like I already know what's going to happen. Maybe I should just chill and listen to the soundtrack like the outsider.

They released the entire season, so it's hard to talk about without giving away spoilers. That's it. I'm out ha ha.

I just finished season 2. I thought the first 5-6 episodes were great. It kept the cool vibe of the first season and seemed to be building up to something new and great. But then I felt that it took a dip in quality in terms of the plot for the next few episodes.

The finale was pretty great except I felt that it was a little too long. They could have cut a few minutes from the end end.

Overall, I do agree that the first season was the best so far. I give season 2 an 8/10.

I sat through season one and part of two. I don't see the draw other than the 80's theme. I just feel like this show is not intended for adults.

I sat through season one and part of two. I don't see the draw other than the 80's theme. I just feel like this show is not intended for adults.

It’s not the best show or even most original show. It definitely rips off a lot of things like Stephen King, Spielberg, the Exorcist, the X-Men, etc. but it’s done pretty well.

I can understand the show having little to no appeal for people who didn’t grow up during the 80’s.

It’s not the best show or even most original show. It definitely rips off a lot of things like Stephen King, Spielberg, the Exorcist, the X-Men, etc. but it’s done pretty well.

I can understand the show having little to no appeal for people who didn’t grow up during the 80’s.

I happened on season one by accident...and liked it. Had never heard of the show - so was surfing on Netflix, and it caught my eye. Have only watched the first 2 episodes of season two, but plan to keep watching. It's interesting...and I am a fan of Winona Ryder.

The shows reminds me a little of the Goonies...which I thoroughly enjoyed.

I happened on season one by accident...and liked it. Had never heard of the show - so was surfing on Netflix, and it caught my eye. Have only watched the first 2 episodes of season two, but plan to keep watching. It's interesting...and I am a fan of Winona Ryder.

She is the reason I tuned in.

Now that you mention it - that's exactly what 'caught my eye'.

Now that you mention it - that's exactly what 'caught my eye'.
Been a fan of hers since Beetlejuice

Incidentally

Betelgeuse will explode someday | EarthSky.org

I know right. This is the most overrated show I’ve ever seen.

**** SPOILERS *****
Less is more. It's supposed to go four seasons. Season one was good because they released it one show at a time and it was fresh from other shows today in that kids were acting like kids and some coming of age stuff. It also had the retro 80s and soundtrack that was nostalgic for those who grew up in the 80s. The show had something different with a dark parallel universe and a US Dept of Energy keeping it secret from the public. It also had a small town chief of police who wanted to keep some things to himself. However, once the storyline was explained and Will was saved then you could figure out what was coming next. Especially, when they released the whole season 2 at once. I'm up to S2E3, but the show is kinda boring now. It would make you think the show wasn't intended for adults.

Forum List

Back