Stossel- Stupid in America

The only people that make out in the education system are the testing companies. Billions of dollars and they don't pay taxes. So, of course the answer is more testing. We need to follow the money here.

Inside the multimillion-dollar essay-scoring business

Behind the scenes of standardized testing

http://www.citypages.com/2011-02-23/news/inside-the-multimillion-dollar-essay-scoring-business/

*KEEPING PUBLIC SCHOOLS PUBLIC*

Rethinking Schools Online

AETR: Why America's non-profit standardized testing companies have an obligation to act ethically, and how they can be held accountable
The non-profit promise to serve

Stossel suffers from the same mental crutch most people suffer from, he must have a foe, for without a foe life would seem topsy-turvy. So following the pathways etched in his brain cells he finds the foe and life then become simple and easy. All we have to do is defeat the foe and nirvana follows. Does anyone in America know where the hell they live? America admires sports, followed by fame and money, education ain't nowhere on anyone's list of important things. Think only of our last president and the people's admiration of stupidity attached to power and his nice looking jeans. Oh, and that Gore or Kerry guy, weren't they intellectuals? To be called intellectual in America is the worst form of criticism. When are all the birdbrains going to wake up to the fact education ain't important in America. It just ain't.

Stossel suffers from the same mental crutch most people suffer from, he must have a foe, for without a foe life would seem topsy-turvy. So following the pathways etched in his brain cells he finds the foe and life then become simple and easy. All we have to do is defeat the foe and nirvana follows. Does anyone in America know where the hell they live? America admires sports, followed by fame and money, education ain't nowhere on anyone's list of important things. Think only of our last president and the people's admiration of stupidity attached to power and his nice looking jeans. Oh, and that Gore or Kerry guy, weren't they intellectuals? To be called intellectual in America is the worst form of criticism. When are all the birdbrains going to wake up to the fact education ain't important in America. It just ain't.

yes of course, anyone that challenges the orthodoxy has to suffer an ailment.

and as long as education is part of central planning, it won't be important because it aint about education, its about building the hierarchy and turf and the kids come last.

As long as you allow corporatists into the equation the education system will suck.

He is regurgitating the same crap that was started under Reagan.

Tsk tsk.....

Such overgeneralizations.

Are you saying education isn't important to you. I certainly don't share your sentiments.

Despite my atrocious spelling skills, I do believe in a good education.

Why is he regurgitating it? Because he is a known self admitted liar who has been disgraced and whose future is dependent on his moral prostitution.

or

Why are corporatists in the education system a bad thing?
Profit comes first and education second. Profit is the main goal and there is a lack of accountability involved. You may think that you will pay less in taxes, but you will not and, in fact, you may even pay more. Faux privatization.

Like here: A taxing tale | The Journal Gazette | Fort Wayne, IN

I'm sure that you have by now seen the studies that show most charter schools are failing. They aren't even held to the same standards. They pick and choose. When you have a charter school that advocates kids taking on the cleaning of the school to cut costs. They mean so that they can make more profit. They don't mean that in the future it will cost you less.

Oprah-Backed Charter School Denying Disabled Collides With Law - BusinessWeek
For School Company, Issues of Money and Control - NYTimes.com

Competition to drive down costs may work with things like cans of beans or bread. Not so much with the public good.

B. What crap was that ?

The crap signaling a movement for "privatization" of the education system. In 1982, the Nation at Risk Study came out and Reagan's (and that clown Meese) delivered speeches calling for the destruction of the Department of Education and etc. like the one delivered on April 26, 1983, "Remarks on Receiving the Final Report of the National Commission on Excellence in Education". Those are available on line.

Last edited:
Why is he regurgitating it? Because he is a known self admitted liar who has been disgraced and whose future is dependent on his moral prostitution.

or

Profit comes first and education second. Profit is the main goal and there is a lack of accountability involved. You may think that you will pay less in taxes, but you will not and, in fact, you may even pay more. Faux privatization.

I'm sure that you have by now seen the studies that show most charter schools are failing. They aren't even held to the same standards. They pick and choose. When you have a charter school that advocates kids taking on the cleaning of the school to cut costs. They mean so that they can make more profit. They don't mean that in the future it will cost you less.

Competition to drive down costs may work with things like cans of beans or bread. Not so much with the public good.

B. What crap was that ?

The crap signaling a movement for "privatization" of the education system. In 1982, the Nation at Risk Study came out and Reagan's (and that clown Meese) delivered speeches calling for the destruction of the Department of Education and etc. like the one delivered on April 26, 1983, "Remarks on Receiving the Final Report of the National Commission on Excellence in Education". Those are available on line.

Who has been disgraced ?

I don't know of any studies showing charter schools are a failure.

I see lots of studies showing what a bust our public education system is.

As long as you allow corporatists into the equation the education system will suck.

who is "he"...

I am guessing he means Stossel.

Self admitted liar ?

You mean he admits he did something wrong.

What I would give to hear Keith Olbermann admit he isn't God.

Why not throw a few statistics on the heap ?

Everyone should pick a state and list the state education budget for 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011. In addition, if it is available...list the cost per pupil.

I will start looking for the state of Kansas.

who is "he"...

Self admitted liar ?

That makes two of us.

Yes, SHE means Stossel.

No, I mean he purposely misleads because he is a two bit whore. Oh, Stossel has had a very long career.
ABC 20/20's John Stossel Admits Fraud
Start with the above and conduct your own research.

or

B. What crap was that ?

Who has been disgraced ?

I don't know of any studies showing charter schools are a failure.

I see lots of studies showing what a bust our public education system is.

Why not?

who is "he"...

Self admitted liar ?

That makes two of us.

Yes, SHE means Stossel.

No, I mean he purposely misleads because he is a two bit whore. Oh, Stossel has had a very long career.

well, as research goes that link raises more questions then it answers....did stossel know they didn't conduct the tests?

who is "he"...

Self admitted liar ?

That makes two of us.

Yes, SHE means Stossel.

I recall when this came out. So what ?

I make no apologies for John Stossel. Like anything other reporter, if you really want to put faith in what he/she says...double check it.

As to his "prostitution" ? He did quite a bit of interviewing for this show. Were the statements by teachers union leaders made up ?

Self admitted liar ?

That makes two of us.

Yes, SHE means Stossel.

well, as research goes that link raises more questions then it answers....did stossel know they didn't conduct the tests?

Stossel is a two bit whore. He has had a very long career. We, as in the public, have been dealing with him since the 80s.
He is an unethical journalist. There are so few ethical ones out there.......that even those that one might think that we consider unethical view him as unethical. He has been disgraced.

Self admitted liar ?

That makes two of us.

Yes, SHE means Stossel.

It would seem that somehow this "Attack the messenger" approach is working. His show either had valid points or it didn't. I don't care if it was Charles Manson conducted the interviews. The responses are there for people to see.

That makes two of us.

Yes, SHE means Stossel.

Stossel is a two bit whore. He has had a very long career. We, as in the public, have been dealing with him since the 80s.
He is an unethical journalist. There are so few ethical ones out there.......that even those that one might think that we consider unethical view him as unethical. He has been disgraced.

Hardly

Forum List

Back